Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,702,282 times

Advertisements

Here in Tampa Bay.

I obviously haven't tried all of them, but would love to try some new places in the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 03:49 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,635,836 times
Iavarone's Steakhouse at Himes and Humphrey (just north of Waters).

Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Cafe Alfresco in DT Dunedin!

Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Iavarone's Steakhouse at Himes and Humphrey (just north of Waters).
I've never heard of this place! How good are the steaks? Very pricey?

Old 10-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Cafe Alfresco in DT Dunedin!
What kind of food does this place serve?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
I've never heard of this place! How good are the steaks? Very pricey?
Their steaks are quite good, I especially love their filet, to the extent I don't bother ordering filet elsewhere. I know guys who rave about the NY strip. They have an oak grill. They are moderately pricey, but far from the most expensive in town. They also have great seafood and some of the classic Italian dishes. The lasagna is to die for, so is the alfredo crab pasta. Full bar. A glorious bananas foster (sadly not made tableside anymore due to liability). They have less expensive options at lunch (with smaller portions, natch) if you want to check it out. For more of my ecstatic ravings about this place just run a search on Tampa forum for Iavarones

P.S. They are never open on Mondays! Check their website for hours before you drive over, but they are usually open for lunch and dinner on weekdays and dinner on weekends.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:04 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
good German food here (take it from me, I lived in Germany for a long time)....owner is originally from Berlin

German Restaurant Sun City, FL

Old 10-29-2013, 04:04 PM

Thank you! This sounds like a great place! I'll have to check it out sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Their steaks are quite good, I especially love their filet, to the extent I don't bother ordering filet elsewhere. I know guys who rave about the NY strip. They have an oak grill. They are moderately pricey, but far from the most expensive in town. They also have great seafood and some of the classic Italian dishes. The lasagna is to die for, so is the alfredo crab pasta. Full bar. A glorious bananas foster (sadly not made tableside anymore due to liability). They have less expensive options at lunch (with smaller portions, natch) if you want to check it out. For more of my ecstatic ravings about this place just run a search on Tampa forum for Iavarones

P.S. They are never open on Mondays! Check their website for hours before you drive over, but they are usually open for lunch and dinner on weekdays and dinner on weekends.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
good German food here (take it from me, I lived in Germany for a long time)....owner is originally from Berlin

Oh I'll have to try this place too! I didn't know there's a German restaurant here!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Ooooh, thanks for posting that. My German food craving has been in overdrive ever since Schnitzelhaus closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay