Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 08:09 PM

5 posts, read 9,760 times

Advertisements

My spouse just got an offer (promotion) to relocate to New Port Richey . I will not have a job waiting for me there but will definitely start looking as soon as we arrive (accounting/financial background) - So I'm thinking Tampa.We are looking into buying a house in a good school district (we have a baby).
Can you guys please recommend some good places.

Also, any other advice is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
Go East on HWY 54 to Trinity East. It is before Gunn Road. You won't be disappointed and schools are rated A

Old 12-03-2013, 05:35 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I would recommend further south a bit in East Lake (20 minutes south on 611). There's much more to do in the area, it's very family-friendly and the schools are top-ranked in the Tampa Bay area. It's also an easy 20 minute drive to the beautiful beach at Honeymoon Island (named one of the best beaches in the US), which is a nice perk when living in Florida and about 30 minutes to either Downtown St Pete or Downtown Tampa. The area demographics will also be more familiar than points inland which in my opinion are a bit less progressive than you're probably used to.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:21 PM

186 posts, read 217,786 times
Joe your a lucky guy. I also live on long island and am trying to move down there. I like Palm harbor and Dunedin. NPR is like NY South.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
What is NY South like? New Port Richey is actually pretty spread out. Don't confuse a bunch of the homes that are very close together and have a very low price with other parts of NPR that have nice subdivisions, larger yards, and sit much further away from HWY 19. If you do, you may miss out on something very nice.

Take a look at homes East of Little Road. I was down off Starkey Road the other day to pick up a friend and they have some very nice areas.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:38 PM

166 posts, read 321,893 times
Spring Hill is NY South. Port Richey and MOST of NPR are...well, not so good. A good friend is a deputy here. I moved to Pasco Co in 87. It was a great place then.

Like the others have said, Trinity area is great. Daughter graduating from Sunlake this year and she had a great experience. Palm Harbor, East Lake as well as Dunedin are all great choices as well.

Good for you with the job. Work in Pasco....just dont live there.

Ohhhhh, throw your Yankee hat away....we will get ya a Rays one....

Old 12-05-2013, 07:43 PM

I really appreciate the pointers. I am now actively searching for a house in the above mentioned areas. Now, if I could only repaint my two black cars. How much of a pain it is to drive a black car in FL?

ps: nyer232 - gl to you too. We will be waiting for you
pps: I won't bring my Jankee hat - as I am not a fan anyway

Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenick View Post
I really appreciate the pointers. I am now actively searching for a house in the above mentioned areas. Now, if I could only repaint my two black cars. How much of a pain it is to drive a black car in FL?

ps: nyer232 - gl to you too. We will be waiting for you
pps: I won't bring my Jankee hat - as I am not a fan anyway
I have a black on black Honda Pilot that we bought like a month before moving down here (blame the wife for that one). Lots of folks drive black cars down here, though.

I do have remote start which helps quite a bit. In the hot weather, I just start it about 5 minutes or so before we walk out the front door and it's good and cool by the time we actually get inside.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:09 AM

693 posts, read 1,138,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I do have remote start which helps quite a bit. In the hot weather, I just start it about 5 minutes or so before we walk out the front door and it's good and cool by the time we actually get inside.
Seems wierd to read that. Where I live its against the law to idle (warm up / cool down) your car. You will be ticketed by neighbors who report. Then again, its against the law to wash my car in my driveway and was given a warning by police years ago when I first moved here. That is one thing I am looking forward to, washing my car at my house its been years.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavariantransplant View Post
Seems wierd to read that. Where I live its against the law to idle (warm up / cool down) your car. You will be ticketed by neighbors who report. Then again, its against the law to wash my car in my driveway and was given a warning by police years ago when I first moved here. That is one thing I am looking forward to, washing my car at my house its been years.
That sounds like communist Russia - Are you sure you live in FL?
"neighbors who report" - WTF?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay