Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 05:14 AM

12 posts, read 17,704 times

Advertisements

THANK you in advance for all of your posts! They have been TREMENDOUSLY helpful during our moving process. We have narrowed our search for a home to Palm Harbor. We want to be under $400k for the house and I've found a neighborhood I like but one of the neighbors told me there's really no kids in the neighborhood. Can anyone tell me names of neighborhoods/subdivisions that have kids living there? Again, thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 08:34 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyhouse View Post
THANK you in advance for all of your posts! They have been TREMENDOUSLY helpful during our moving process. We have narrowed our search for a home to Palm Harbor. We want to be under $400k for the house and I've found a neighborhood I like but one of the neighbors told me there's really no kids in the neighborhood. Can anyone tell me names of neighborhoods/subdivisions that have kids living there? Again, thank you in advance!
We live in Palm Harbor on the east side of Lake Tarpon. The main road running north and south is East Lake Road. There are all kinds of great neighborhoods off this road on both sides. All that are not 55+ have kids. There are very few 55+ on this side. While there are plenty of retirees, it is mainly a family area. West of the lake off both sides of 19 tend to have a lot of retiree communites. There are still family areas, but retiree areas tend to stand out.......not to mention much more traffic on that side.

The East Lake Road side has fairly light traffic (excluding rush hour when all roads in Tampa Bay have more traffic), and has great access to all kinds of shopping/dining just south anywhere from 1-5 miles, depending on where you live. My wife needs weekly easy access to Tampa Airport and our area provides that for her. We also wanted easy beach access. For us, it has been the best of all worlds.

Keep in mind, each person's needs will vary and this area will not be the best for everyone.

I hope this helps.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:15 PM

18 posts, read 22,334 times
Hello,
I am a local Realtor, the neighborhoods will vary. If you have a specific home in mind I can provide you with the demographics consisting of age. This is based on the 2010 Census.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:09 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
Tyler is right you can get this information to great detail.

Here is a tool to play with

2010 Census Interactive Population Map

1) Type "palm harbor, Florida" in the find box
2) select the age/sex tab
3) Once the data loads then from left menu you can select the level of detail you want.
4) Say, you select "census tract" or even less and click on the map, it will summarize data by age/sex.
5) You can go even deeper with "census block"

I just use a tract that is bounded by east lake road in the west,Keystone road in the north and lake tarpon in the west (what sounds like Prius referring to) and I got 8,634 total population. Of which 25% are 18 years or younger.

Good luck.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 PM

14 posts, read 14,495 times
We are contumplating a move to Tampa and like the East Lake area. Can someone comment on HOA fees and CDD fees? Is the area in a flood zone requiring flood insurance? Southbound traffic seems to get bogged down at Tampa Rd if you are not continuing down McMillan Booth.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csohio View Post
We are contumplating a move to Tampa and like the East Lake area. Can someone comment on HOA fees and CDD fees? Is the area in a flood zone requiring flood insurance? Southbound traffic seems to get bogged down at Tampa Rd if you are not continuing down McMillan Booth.
That is a big advantage to living in East Lake Woodlands because you can enter through the Tampa rd gate and avoid the nightmare of heading north on Eastlake rd during rush hour!

Old 05-09-2014, 06:49 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
That is a big advantage to living in East Lake Woodlands because you can enter through the Tampa rd gate and avoid the nightmare of heading north on Eastlake rd during rush hour!
When I was working my first job and doing other traveling during rush hour, I always found the Eastlake Rd section to be the smoothest and easiest ride of all. I found it much worse on Tampa/Hillsborough Rd and also on McMullen Booth Road. Those roads had many other major intersections with lots of traffic dumping in. Eastlake Road only has the north running traffic on it, so they are able to run long green lights. The only better rush hour travel I had was when I was 8 miles from home running a reverse commute north on Eastlake and then west on Keystone/Tarpon Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay