Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 AM

226 posts, read 339,929 times

Advertisements

Floridagrl...thought you may know...or any other residents. How are the 3rd Friday night music series there?

When we are there on vacation soon we'll be able to attend...and perhaps get a bite to eat around there. Was thinking of Whistle stop or maybe even something close to where the music plays?

Just wondering what kind of music they typically play. We will have my two sons and possibly my Sd with us (all young teens).

Any other recommendations to eat there (reasonably priced)? Also-do they have a good BBQ place you would recommend? We will be hitting several seafood places during our stay but we may want to try FL BBQ and see what that's all about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 03:51 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,136 times
Hi! Third Fridays are a lot of fun. All the local businesses downtown open up onto the streets as well as nearby local vendors. You can get all kinds of stuff to eat at the festival, so you may be better off saving Whistle Stop for another night.

The music varies according to the theme. The 16th of May is the next 3rd Friday event. I believe it is a Memorial Day theme and a local rock band will be playing. The 20th of June is another 3rd Friday date, and the theme is "Harboritaville" - think Jimmy Buffett Safety Harbor style! They'll be doing Jimmy Buffet style music and/or steel drum stuff. Lots of residents dress up for these events, so picture loads of Hawaiian-style/Key West shirts for the 20th and red, white, and blue for the 16th.

There are tons of teens that love 3rd Friday, so your kids will get the chance to see what the local teen scene is like.

Bradys Backyard BBQ is the local BBQ joint. If you eat there, get the corn bread pudding. It's delicious! Their beef brisket is also pretty good. It doesn't compare to what you'd get in Memphis, but it's pretty good Florida-style BBQ.

Hope you enjoy it!

Old 05-01-2014, 10:06 AM

226 posts, read 339,929 times
Great, thanks! That really helps...it will be June, so Jimmy Buffet it is!!! We will try out some of the vendors for food then. Perfect about teens being there, I've been wanting for them to see the teen scene there and get an idea of how it's like.

Is it just up/down Main St? or the main gazebo area?

Old 05-01-2014, 02:42 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overit2 View Post
Great, thanks! That really helps...it will be June, so Jimmy Buffet it is!!! We will try out some of the vendors for food then. Perfect about teens being there, I've been wanting for them to see the teen scene there and get an idea of how it's like.

Is it just up/down Main St? or the main gazebo area?

It is all up and down Main St.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:57 PM

17 posts, read 15,566 times
The festivals are great. Just be wary that they don't have any races on those days you are trying to visit. Worst part of living here is coming home at 8 a.m ( after working 16+ hours the night before) only to find out I can't reach my house.They have the entire parkway blocked off to traffic until around noon. So if I want to get any sleep before going back to work 8 hours later I either have to rent a hotel/sleep in my car or park my car miles away and walk home.

Otherwise this area is great. It looks and feels safe and the scenery is nice from Philippe Park. The restaurants are great. They love locals but they especially love to cater to visitors and will treat you with respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: