Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:43 AM

17 posts, read 26,952 times

Advertisements

What can y'all tell me about the Carrollwood Village and Temple Terrace areas? What are the vibes in these areas? How's the crime rate? Quality of schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 06:35 PM

515 posts, read 1,348,101 times
I think Carrollwood has a better location. While crime isn't high when compared to some other parts of the area, Temple Terrace borders some areas that are pretty rough. Carrollwood also has a more convenient location and more options nearby for dining, shopping, entertainment, etc. I don't know anything firsthand about the schools in either area.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:40 PM

17 posts, read 26,952 times
Thanks a lot, Occifer! I definitely appreciate the feedback. I did some research on the schools, but just had this feeling that Temple Terrace could be a hit or miss area. You definitely confirm that. Thanks, again!

Old 06-16-2014, 03:35 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times
CRIME MAPS WEEK ENDING JUNE 13TH 2014

Temple Terrace (the entire town of 6.9 square miles)

Carrollwood (a mere 2.5 mi radius of Greater Carrollwood)

Here's the proximity of each location to Suitcase city...

Carrollwood to Suitcase city is only 2.5 miles away...

While Temple Terrace is all of 5.96 miles away...

//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...ders-live.html
The ratio of number of residents in Carrollwood zip code 33625 to the number of sex offenders is 1,103 to 1
The ratio of number of residents in Temple Terrace to the number of sex offenders is 2,270 to 1
(Note: Higher values mean more residents per sex offender)

CARROLLWOOD: WAY MORE CRIME INCLUDING LOTS OF BATTERY CHARGES; MUCH CLOSER TO SUITCASE CITY; TWICE AS MANY SEX OFFENDERS PER RESIDENT AND NOW MORE RESTAURANTS.

BON APPETIT!

Old 06-17-2014, 06:11 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
I live in the Carrollwood area. I like it here. It's pretty convenient to almost everything. Also, the closer you get to 75 the more likely you'll experience more storms. The storms almost always develop around 75 and EAST.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:51 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,582 times
Temple Terrace and Carrolwood both have crime, but its not violent crime. Its mostly car thefts and break ins.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 AM

It's not as if the clouds run out of water before they hit USF. Those storms go where the winds blow. I seriously doubt we've more water here than 8 miles west. Though I'm a gardener so I'd be glad if we did have more. Rain makes the gardens happy. Anyway, that could maybe be confirmed with wunderground data.

As to crime, of course any area gets some but clearly and consistently there is much more crime in Carrollwood than in Temple Terrace even when comparing relative to population densities which are fairly equivalent, Carrollwood with a density of 4,085 people per square mile and Temple Terrace at 3,674, an 11% difference.

The crime stats have been highly divergent every time I've looked at it with Greater Carrollwood having by far the greater amounts of crime. There is no doubt about this. That is simply an easily verifiable fact so it is ridiculous for anyone to say otherwise.

Carrollwood has a land area of 9.57 square miles while Temple Terrace has 6.9 square miles. So to look at the crime maps shown above, which utilizes merely 2.5 square miles of Carrollwood, so only looking at between 1/3rd and 1/4th of Carrollwood, in the random recent week selected, just last week, we find Carrollwood with 75% more burglaries (again, in just that small area). Plus Carrollwood has 7x's more batteries (a criminal offense involving unlawful physical contact) & 21x's more thefts & 8x's more drug arrests & 9 times more mischief arrests (with Temple Terrace having none of any of that even when looking at the entire town of TT verses just a segment of Carrollwood).

So, again, that's just in 2.5 square miles measured from approx. center of Greater Carrollwood. I didn't pick and chose any specific area but just headed towards what looked on a map like center. Anyone who says there is more crime in Temple Terrace or who tries to characterize the TT area as being near Suitcase city WHICH IT IS NOT is nothing but a forum TROLL.

And just to note that I'm not dissing Carrollwood. I actually like there too and looked there but found a property in an area elsewhere that I liked better. All I am doing by offering these verifiable stats is correcting misinformation provided by forum trolling and which had possibly been offered up as a legitimate thread or more likely, by the known history here, it originated as nothing but a stage for sock puppetry.

I'm not saying for certain that this was trolling by a sock--I suppose city-data could look up IP addresses and figure that out for themselves if they were so inclined--but if it is, thank you for providing yet another opportunity to show how wonderful and safe is living in Temple Terrace.

Temple Terrace: Less crime. More education. Plenty of restaurants.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:59 PM

FYI on that rain report, copying wunderground data to excel. Here's what shows for the year June/June 2013-2014 on these two stations picked at random...

E of 75 vicinity Thonotosassa Thonotosassa Weather | Personal Weather Station: KFLTHONO3 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground

total 53.33 inches

W of 275 vicinity Citrus Park Fawnridge Weather | Personal Weather Station: KFLTAMPA19 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground
total 51.95 inches

According to Tampa, Florida - Average Rainfall - Current, Historical Data

the average annual for Tampa is 46.3 with the average annual for Florida at 52.80 inches.

Temple Terrace: Less crime. More education. Plenty of restaurants. Just as wet.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:49 AM

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...ders-live.html
The ratio of number of residents in Carrollwood zip code 33625 to the number of sex offenders is 1,103 to 1
The ratio of number of residents in Temple Terrace to the number of sex offenders is 2,270 to 1
(Note: Higher values mean more residents per sex offender)

CARROLLWOOD: WAY MORE CRIME INCLUDING LOTS OF BATTERY CHARGES; MUCH CLOSER TO SUITCASE CITY; TWICE AS MANY SEX OFFENDERS PER RESIDENT AND NOW MORE RESTAURANTS.

BON APPETIT!
Just checked City-Data which now shows above stat on Greater Carrollwood zip remains the same but Temple Terrace no longer shows 2,270 to 1 as previously reported but rather merely 3,149 to 1 as of June 18, 2014.

So you guys west of 275 have at least 3 times more sex offenders, not merely the two times more sex offenders as previously reported. There was a storm yesterday heading in from I-75. Could be our rains drove some extra offenders your way.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:25 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
I think both areas are nice and would be great places to live. They both have pluses and minuses. The nicest part of Temple Terrace is much further away from the crime center, and is very beautiful having the river run through it. It is easily accessible to I-75, so you can get downtown or anywhere very quickly. There are plenty of restaurants/shopping nearby due to proximity to USF, etc.

Carrollwood is nice because it feels more city-oriented, and closer to things like Fresh Market, Whole Foods, etc. Being on the western side of the city it is also closer to airport and easier access to St. Pete and other Pinellas County cities, beaches, etc.

I would not be concerned with crime in either of these areas. At the end of the day, one just has to visit and see what suits you the best. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay