Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 05:40 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,631,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Well evidently you haven't been to Miami and to really say nowhere in Florida like really.
I lived in Miami/Coral Gables my whole life before moving to Tampa, and will hardly consider Miami "middle of nowhere"!!! YAOOYM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Tampa premium outlets are convenience stores?
They are everywhere. There is nothing special about them. There are in Orlando, Ellenton towards Sarasota... Just boring stores, no character, overpriced when considering the quality. I am not a fan. I don't live to shop.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:34 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,248,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
They are everywhere. There is nothing special about them. There are in Orlando, Ellenton towards Sarasota... Just boring stores, no character, overpriced when considering the quality. I am not a fan. I don't live to shop.
so since you dont like them, that makes them convenience stores?

I dont like them either but i wouldn't call it a convenience store, I also wouldn't call the area "the middle of nowhere".

Old 03-27-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
so since you dont like them, that makes them convenience stores?

I dont like them either but i wouldn't call it a convenience store, I also wouldn't call the area "the middle of nowhere".
I'm not understanding what the problem is with calling them that? They are "conveniently" located where a LOT of people live.

It is middle of nowhere when you look at what's around! Nothing. Just open land everywhere you look & cows.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 AM

81 posts, read 88,204 times
They are building a TON of houses in Pasco and SOuthEast Hillsborough right now...

I have no idea where any of these people will be working, and I feel another bubble coming!

Old 03-27-2015, 07:49 AM

well, I live in land o lakes and work in riverview. takes about 35 minutes to commute up 54 and down i75 to get there.

not sure where everyone else works but this commute is less than what I have had in years

Old 03-27-2015, 08:30 AM

81 posts, read 88,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
well, I live in land o lakes and work in riverview. takes about 35 minutes to commute up 54 and down i75 to get there.

not sure where everyone else works but this commute is less than what I have had in years
That's not what I am getting at...

They are building tens of thousands of units right now. There is no big influx in jobs. In fact, the job market here is, and has been pretty mediocre, even in the run up to the last bubble. I have lived here my entire life and I am in my late 30's.

So they are building thousands of homes, and I might add too, apartment complexes... so in theory, people will be moving from existing housing to these new homes / apartments, right?

So that leaves two things, empty homes or apartments SOMEWHERE, or these are spec houses and there's fixing to be a huge bubble.

Remember all the empty units in S.E. Hillsborough in 2008-2011? Half finished subdivisions, ghost towns

I just do not see the impetus for all this growth... especially in Pasco, drive up and down US 19 and seeing empty strip malls and other death and destruction

Old 03-27-2015, 09:00 AM

5,868 posts, read 3,319,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post

They are building tens of thousands of units right now. There is no big influx in jobs. In fact, the job market here is, and has been pretty mediocre, even in the run up to the last bubble. I have lived here my entire life and I am in my late 30's.

So they are building thousands of homes, and I might add too, apartment complexes... so in theory, people will be moving from existing housing to these new homes / apartments, right?

So that leaves two things, empty homes or apartments SOMEWHERE, or these are spec houses and there's fixing to be a huge bubble.

Remember all the empty units in S.E. Hillsborough in 2008-2011? Half finished subdivisions, ghost towns

I just do not see the impetus for all this growth... especially in Pasco, drive up and down US 19 and seeing empty strip malls and other death and destruction
100% agree with your above statement. Tampa is very desirable to live now. 10 years from now? Who knows!

Old 03-27-2015, 09:06 AM

198 posts, read 226,896 times
Quote:

They are building tens of thousands of units right now. There is no big influx in jobs. In fact, the job market here is, and has been pretty mediocre, even in the run up to the last bubble.
As a person who moved here a month ago and has been home shopping every spare moment, I can vouch that the real estate market is nuts. Absolutely insane in fact. This has to be bubble 2.0 in the works..

Quote:

I don't get it either. Gulf View Mall and the Embassy Shopping Center right across the street both look very depressed. Go into that mall and tell me it's not on the verge of going under. Stores have very limited merchandise and there are very few people to be seen in the mall.

There's not much along the 54 corridor for convenient shopping either. Just a Target as far as I can see. No Best Buy, JCP Penny, Home Depot, etc.

The new housing developments on the 54
are high-density nightmares. The Lennars of the world are clear cutting every last tree in Trinity and packing cookie-cutter style houses as close as humanly possible. Lennar has absolutely killed the area next to the uber expensive
Champion's Club. I expect traffic will be insane once Lennar is though.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:

I missed your point, I do agree with you though. I know some business are coming to the area and growing but I always said the same thing, where the heck do all of these people work.. the other one is how do so many people have so much money (assuming they have a lot of money for all of the 350K+ houses being sold)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay