Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:41 AM

582 posts, read 2,039,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
I thought you moved from Ft. Laud to Tampa because of job opportunities? And now you're bashing Tampa as well?
i think if one is to move they're better off just doing it.because if you listen to some of the bloggers you will be totally confused.i heard tampa was absolutely one of the better places for jobs in florida.now i hear that that's not the case from what i take there's seems to be a lot of unhappy people in florida as far as the job market or people looking to move are being misinformed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 06:05 PM

409 posts, read 1,505,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
i think if one is to move they're better off just doing it.because if you listen to some of the bloggers you will be totally confused.i heard tampa was absolutely one of the better places for jobs in florida.now i hear that that's not the case from what i take there's seems to be a lot of unhappy people in florida as far as the job market or people looking to move are being misinformed.
Yes, it is misinformation. If one person can't find a job they are looking for they seem to post on here that Tampa (as a whole) is a terrible place for jobs and the pay sucks. I am happy, and every single person that I am aquainted with seems to be happy. I just want everyone who may read this thread to not take anything too seriously. Its all a matter of opinion, and that is the beauty of it.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:32 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
Some people will never be satisfied, they will always blame the place instead of looking at themselves.

To it doesn't seem too bad--it will never be New York, Chicago in terms of jobs, but its not Wyoming either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
Yes, it is misinformation. If one person can't find a job they are looking for they seem to post on here that Tampa (as a whole) is a terrible place for jobs and the pay sucks. I am happy, and every single person that I am aquainted with seems to be happy. I just want everyone who may read this thread to not take anything too seriously. Its all a matter of opinion, and that is the beauty of it.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:45 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
Some people will never be satisfied, they will always blame the place instead of looking at themselves.

To it doesn't seem too bad--it will never be New York, Chicago in terms of jobs, but its not Wyoming either.
Actually, Wyoming has a lower unemployment rate then any of the places you mentioned. It's in the 2% area.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:29 AM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
well you got me on that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Actually, Wyoming has a lower unemployment rate then any of the places you mentioned. It's in the 2% area.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:19 PM

849 posts, read 3,528,219 times
Default sorry you feel that way

I'm 61 and didn't buy into the women's lib movement so now I have no college degree and missed going to law school and want (need?) to work. Oh yeah! Talked to the paralegal colleges in the area. They'd be more than happy to take me but I wouldn't get a job afterwards because according to the program directors, I'M TOO OLD. So I guess looking into my self and seeing I was young and foolish once upon a time didn't work. I can change my attitude but if other won't see it, what can I do? Will I check it out elsewhere. I sure will, but we're talking about Tampa where it seems like externals such as a few wrinkles and a few gray hairs are too much for employers to deal with. They're more concerned with what's on the outside of my head than what's inside of it.
It's not all, as you dear young ones seem to think, a matter of opinion. For us Tampa does suck. The thing about a forum is that it's unfair to tell only the happy stories because you really don't know who that questioner is. They might have issues they haven't gone public with to which my circumstances and experiences speak. Why would anyone ask these questions if they weren't expecting serious answers? When I check the Atlanta forum it's because that's where I want to be and I am looking for real info.

Quote:

Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
i disagree with most of this, but you can look here, maybe contact some of these organizations.

Business: Young professionals to peers: It's great in Tampa Bay

Old 01-21-2008, 09:15 AM

127 posts, read 427,464 times
I'm sure this report by CNN will be disputed by some on this board but it should serve to continue the debate...

America's best jobs in the hottest markets | 7 | Business 2.0

Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 AM

409 posts, read 1,505,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjr View Post
I'm sure this report by CNN will be disputed by some on this board but it should serve to continue the debate...

America's best jobs in the hottest markets | 7 | Business 2.0
That you for this great post. I knew that Tampa was up there.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
Quote:
That you for this great post. I knew that Tampa was up there.
notice that the company they focus on is Ikea?

That should tell you something...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay