Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:24 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Close to St. Rd 52 builders are also began to build new homes and in the past we have heard Six Flags had plans to build over there and it makes sense as hotels have been interested or already been build in that area and what other reason would they have to start a hotel in the middle of almost nowhere.
Hoax: Six Flags park not opening in Florida - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
Hernando leaders debunk Six Flags in Florida | Hernando Today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 07:08 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
There has to be an end game. At what point does the oversaturation bubble burst. Whether its housing or commercial at some point the house of cards has to fall. Who knows maybe I am wrong and there is sustained growth year after year.
There is no over saturation. We just picked up the growth like a couple of year or so ago from an extended recession. People are not even in place to some of these constructions you see around. It may be several years before the bubble you are talking about. If you have a view of the whole area (Tampa Bay), you will see we are no where near bubble. Relax.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:28 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
A lot of people moved in with family and many seem to be looking for houses to get more privacy but a lot of them won't qualify for a mortgage due to bad credit and others have a difficult time finding a home they like for a price they can afford.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:08 PM

49 posts, read 105,398 times
I'm late. Just read the news today. As a WC resident who frequents Wiregrass...Disappointed. No more luxury apartments. Build another elementary school instead and a library. Seven Oaks Elementary is currently overcrowded with no plans for expansion and the others are crowded too. Where will the children who live in these units go to school once they are built? Has anyone started a petition against it yet? As I am sure I am not the only one feeling off about this. There are other things that the area could use and with 3-4 luxury apartment complexes within 1-2 blocks we really don't need anymore right now. Seven Oaks has 2 complexes, Colonial Grand and Windsor, and Bonterra Parc just opened directly across the street from Colonial Grand. Oh, and Enclave next door to Bonterra Parc. And Bonterra Parc is massive! A lot of homes in Northwood are up for sale most of the homes for sale have views of their new huge luxury apt complex neighbor.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 AM

29 posts, read 25,275 times
You can tell the difference between the liberals and conservatives here. Libs are just miserable and want everyone else miserable too. They're the ones voting and changing Florida to be like the northeast. Let them move if they want to be like that and be happy. I plan to visit these places when I go to Florida and can't wait to retire there and enjoy it all. And I will vote PROPERLY!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:21 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Meh, go ahead and jam 'em in. Stack 'em up like cordwood. The development isn't going to stop, it's on steroids at this point.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:25 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,126,271 times
Right now Pasco County better start worrying about adding a better infrastructure so these new developments can handle the waste and storm water, seems Pasco has a problem with flooding. Heck they can't even fix what they have now. And they better start worrying about their water bill problem I smell a class action suit brewing and it don't look good for the county. Don't know why the state attorney general has not stepped in to look at this problem.

Last edited by Vannort54; 08-25-2015 at 01:53 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 01:18 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
This is OK with me since I dont rent, but my lord.. how do these people afford these "luxury" apartments and why aren't there any "normal" apartments left?

I cant believe the amount of people that pay 1200+ for 1-2 bedrooms in an APARTMENT?

Old 08-25-2015, 03:01 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Wesley Chapel has a library so I don't think there is a need for a 2nd one and there is even public transportation going by the library on St. Rd 54...it may be on the border of Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills but it is like 10 min. Or less from Wireglass Mall.

In the time we live right now there are less people reading books and more people who look online and/or even buy or share books online. Even from a smart phone you can access a lot and we have the Obama phones that are pretty nice for people who "can't' afford a phone and some have more than 1 Obama phone so even if you leave that out, IMO 1 library should be sufficient.

Since everything is about supply and demand it seems there is a demand for luxury apartments or they probably would not build them over there and right now there is not much vacancy and 800 new jobs will soon be filled up less than 10 min. Away from the mall.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:06 PM

29 posts, read 25,275 times
we have the Obama phones that are pretty nice for people who "can't' afford a phone

Enjoy that phone. I'm tired of paying for your phones.

Last edited by Sunscape; 08-26-2015 at 05:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay