Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 12:58 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
If they want to make Pasco more attractive, move all these malls towards New Port Richey. It will make more sense instead of squeezing everything within 1 mile radius at the already packed ramp off I-75....Traffic WILL BE HORRIBLE, so Wesley Chapel residents, get ready!
Aren't they going to build a mall in Trinity though? 8 to 12k housing development in the next few years there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 01:04 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,803,075 times
Not tracking that area, but new outlet mall and wiregrass phase 2 are in Wesley chapel

Old 05-11-2015, 01:16 PM

I think that business sees all the building going on and thinks commercial viability will be successful. Look at the extra traffic light at Lowes. Slows traffic at 41. Are there traffic impact studies done at all prior to building these places? Are there public hearings? Or is it just done and no one can say a thing? Again be a newbie to the area I don't know how it works. Like I said it gives more choice to consumers. I have gone to Lowes several times saving me time from having to go down to 75 and BBD. When COSTCO comes 100% I will be going.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:55 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,803,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I think that business sees all the building going on and thinks commercial viability will be successful. Look at the extra traffic light at Lowes. Slows traffic at 41. Are there traffic impact studies done at all prior to building these places? Are there public hearings? Or is it just done and no one can say a thing? Again be a newbie to the area I don't know how it works. Like I said it gives more choice to consumers. I have gone to Lowes several times saving me time from having to go down to 75 and BBD. When COSTCO comes 100% I will be going.
One of the toughest things to add is a signal. There should be enough data/ access management recommendations in place before signal could be added. Public hearings/ workshops are not held for this time of improvements.
What I have problem with now is that people from all over the place will be traveling to already congested area. Seriously considering moving out from WC area...

Old 05-11-2015, 02:05 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Isn't "a job" whatever the "job" is better then giving our tax money to someone and not working!

Any person, even in a minimum wage job can go from a job to another job and normally a minimum wage job is a starters job to move up the ladder.

Many successful people started with a minimum wage job for a short time frame.

Part of having a job, even with a lower payment, makes a person part of a company and getting to socialize and getting to interact with others which is better then sitting at home and not feeling part of anything.

Anyone who believes that a starters job or lower wage job is a job for life should try to learn a skill or study on the side to get further in life.

Under Scott there are more jobs then under Charlie Christ so that shows more people are sharing the same thing which is having a job and having a chance to go further in life.

You can't expect to get paid the same for working at a service department of a dealership repairing cars as you would if you would flip a hamburger or filling the shelves at a grocery store.
Under Charlie Crist the nation was in the worst recession in memory. As another poster once said, "Rick Scott has nowhere to go but up" since the economy was improving when he took office.

In a lot of situations we are giving our tax money to low wage earners anyway, but I do agree people should work even if it's a minimum wage dead end job.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:45 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
You mean the 4 or 5 people living there splitting the rent.
sure, ask them too. Same in a lot of places and certainly nothing new. If u want to be somewhere u do what u gotta do.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:10 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If u want to be somewhere u do what u gotta do.
Why on earth would someone put themselves in such a miserable living condition just to live in the Tampa area?

I'm sure any novelty of the area would soon wear off when they realize the jobs pay less and it's not all parties and beaches.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:22 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Aren't they going to build a mall in Trinity though? 8 to 12k housing development in the next few years there.
Correct, that's the plan as well as a movie theater. That area is growing so fast.

Tampa doesn't have much vacant land left to build on and Pasco has vacant land left so that is a no brainer that developers are building in a County with lower property taxes and many places with reclaimed water to keep the water bills lower.

Close to St. Rd 52 builders are also began to build new homes and in the past we have heard Six Flags had plans to build over there and it makes sense as hotels have been interested or already been build in that area and what other reason would they have to start a hotel in the middle of almost nowhere.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Correct, that's the plan as well as a movie theater. That area is growing so fast.

Tampa doesn't have much vacant land left to build on and Pasco has vacant land left so that is a no brainer that developers are building in a County with lower property taxes and many places with reclaimed water to keep the water bills lower.

Close to St. Rd 52 builders are also began to build new homes and in the past we have heard Six Flags had plans to build over there and it makes sense as hotels have been interested or already been build in that area and what other reason would they have to start a hotel in the middle of almost nowhere.
There has to be an end game. At what point does the oversaturation bubble burst. Whether its housing or commercial at some point the house of cards has to fall. Who knows maybe I am wrong and there is sustained growth year after year.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:15 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,740 times
Quote:
There has to be an end game. At what point does the oversaturation bubble burst. Whether its housing or commercial at some point the house of cards has to fall. Who knows maybe I am wrong and there is sustained growth year after year.
Believe it or not a lot of Florida counties depend on growth. Otherwise they would end up declining and just like a recent census report stated the deaths would be higher than births. So the population increasing helps keep a stable economy which is obvious so I believe in five or ten years things might have slowed down however as of now its not stopping which isn't exactly a bad thing IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay