Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:23 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
I agree having more retailers is nothing to get excited about, very low paying jobs they can support. Nationally the business model of mall is declining big time. Some are converting to something else. People are just walking in 'em than spending but they seem to expand over here. They must know what they are doing as they are putting their money.
As with everything else in America, this is all assumption based. They assume transplants like to spend money here...and brag about it, so they're putting more malls instead of bringing some more valuable entertainment venues to these suburbs FULL of people, and get people out of this boring wasteful shopping rut.

This is nothing to get excited or be "positive" about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 08:39 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,244 times
These are great jobs for people looking for extra money, Retires, college students, empty nest housewives. Even young adults going into the workforce for the first time. If these are the jobs you look for to support your family that's on you. Not to mention the Pasco tax base that needs commercial construction to help pay for all those new schools that will soon be built. The more they put into the pot the less they got to raise it on residential homeowners.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:11 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Are these the high paying jobs that gov Scott keeps talking about? Lol. We're are the high paying jobs to support all the high rents thats happening here and to fill all of these new luxury appartment's.
Isn't "a job" whatever the "job" is better then giving our tax money to someone and not working!

Any person, even in a minimum wage job can go from a job to another job and normally a minimum wage job is a starters job to move up the ladder.

Many successful people started with a minimum wage job for a short time frame.

Part of having a job, even with a lower payment, makes a person part of a company and getting to socialize and getting to interact with others which is better then sitting at home and not feeling part of anything.

Anyone who believes that a starters job or lower wage job is a job for life should try to learn a skill or study on the side to get further in life.

Under Scott there are more jobs then under Charlie Christ so that shows more people are sharing the same thing which is having a job and having a chance to go further in life.

You can't expect to get paid the same for working at a service department of a dealership repairing cars as you would if you would flip a hamburger or filling the shelves at a grocery store.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:45 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,296,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
I don't see how this is a "good thing for consumers"??? People should spend their money to travel around the US or the world and not on continuing to stuff their closets with useless stuff. We have enough stores already, and they all sell crap.

Traffic is a nightmare already in that area...
I cant wait for COSTCO to get here so I can stuff my closet with more useless stuff that I actually will use!!

Old 05-10-2015, 06:28 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I cant wait for COSTCO to get here so I can stuff my closet with more useless stuff that I actually will use!!
Me to it will make traffic less congested I live by the Clearwater COSTCO and SAM'S club and traffic is a nightmare.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:46 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Plus the Tampa Premium Outlets going in on 54 and 75. 54 will be just like BBD in a few years. A good thing for consumers and a nightmare for traffic!
No, it's going to be like Dale Mabry or SR 60 in Brandon....

Old 05-11-2015, 10:50 AM

If they want to make Pasco more attractive, move all these malls towards New Port Richey. It will make more sense instead of squeezing everything within 1 mile radius at the already packed ramp off I-75....Traffic WILL BE HORRIBLE, so Wesley Chapel residents, get ready!

Old 05-11-2015, 10:54 AM

As for luxury apartments.... we are on #4 within 1-2 miles of I-75. One complex was build by Livingston on SR 54 not too long ago. Another one is underway across the street. New one across the street from Sams was recently opened (look at the pictures.... well, their definition of luxury is waaay different from mine), and this one at Wiregrass mall Phase II to come... really?

I guess I am missing something, but vacant homes/townhomes listed for rent ($1300) per months are on the market and new luxury apartments of the same or smaller size are renting for $1600? Let's see how long it will be lasting for... lol

Old 05-11-2015, 11:45 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,123,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Are these the high paying jobs that gov Scott keeps talking about? Lol. We're are the high paying jobs to support all the high rents thats happening here and to fill all of these new luxury appartment's.
Ask the people living in those new luxury apartments.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:59 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Ask the people living in those new luxury apartments.
You mean the 4 or 5 people living there splitting the rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay