Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:08 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

I know things can be very scary when you start reading the website about the builder. The sales people are very nice but in the end they tried to close anyway didn't care that you will go into foreclosure. Some people will say " just smart business", that is not how I will descibe ruining innocent peoples live. I on the other hand don't care if these people loose their job. That the Tampa manager at that time was fired.... Kb homes couldn't have done better on that decision. I have heard from people who quit their job within weeks after starting to work for Kb homes because of what was asked from them, I understand that not everybody is in the position to just quit, simple because they won't find another job, I respect that.
I would buy another home from them, regardless all the websites. I know their flaws and what to look out for. I know that there are people who have also have issues with other builders for different issues. Just be prepared. I met this week people who also live in a KB home and had some issues and leakages and all have been solved within a descend time. With Stadard Pacific Homes I had at the walk through over 4 pages of things they had to repair and over 500 blue stickers on the wall. Yes no misstake over 500 stickers, it was ridiculous. Westfield Homes as the name was at the time had an outside person doing the walk through so it would be fair for the customer, this person was shocked when she wasthere with me. The neighbors warned me about the warranty department since they we renters and had a huge leak in the roof and nobody was coming out. We had a special signed paper by the builder (at closing), stating the builder would repair these last 4 things ( 2 big, 2 small items) after closing within 4 weeks. After a lot of calls and saying I would go to the BBB, they came after 14 weeks. With Kb Homes I had 1/2 a page with really small issues and the construction manager pointed all these out to us, so that was pretty nice of him.
The thing I learned from this is never close unless everything is taken care off, I know the builders are putting things in the contract that you have to close or there will be penalties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 AM

13 posts, read 44,133 times
Thanks to everyone for all your comments. I have just gone into contract with KB and feel that I did the right thing. Everyone seems happy in my new neighborhood (from what I can tell) and I have my attorney working with me. I have the complete list of upgrades and have scheduled my appointment at the Design Studio. My salesman at KB has been perfect, honest & a gentleman. He is doing everything I've requested and is doing a great job. I will definitely keep the upgrades at a minimum. I have a lot to deal with & I'm very busy now! Wish me luck.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 AM

849 posts, read 3,528,219 times
DO NOT ever purchase without an inspection even of a new home. yes,a competent inspector CAN often see impending problems such as an improperly installed dishwasher and they know the builders rep. and what problems are chronic with them so the inspector knows what to look for particularly.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:14 AM

13 posts, read 44,133 times
Thanks for your input. I am planning on having an inspector look at it, but I guess I'll inquire with the county as to who would inspect it. My lawyer will also help with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay