Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryland rob View Post
Can anyone give me some info on the dunedin/clearwater area in terms of family atmosphere? My wife and I have a 2 year old son and may be looking to have another in a few years (after relocating). Also if anyone is a verizon employee (who I work for here in md.) please let me know how it is there...Thanks
I love Dunedin. Great place for a family. Some areas are kind of rough, but all in all, it's wonderful.

Another city that's very nice is Safety Harbor.

About Verizon: will you be working in their Tech Center in Temple Terrace? I hope not.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 06:44 AM
TCK

166 posts, read 565,496 times
What areas are rough in Dunedin. Planning a trip there this summer to see area. Interested in areas near main street, near community center and near grocery stores...i.e. Publix. Looking for an area where can walk to these areas safely.

Please tell me what areas would not be good for renting. Thanks you.

Also to beat those renting for the winter from up north.....what is ideal time to obtain a rental for year lease? End of summer still early enough?

Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,381 times
Smile Dunedin

Hi,am looking for anyone that could help me out am a 56 yr old and a mother of 5-boys and 1 girl and my youngest is 18 and has termial brain cancer and i would love to relocate to dunedin ive already been to clearwater beach and love it,don't worry am looking for a 3 bedroom house ,so when my kids come to visit they have a place to stay am only coming with my 18yr old the rest are on their own,and my soon to be ex oh well,anyway i just want to know how do i go about getting a relocation package sent to me,and does anyone know of a good rental place to could rental during my visit when i come down to look for houses,maybe in july?? Am coming from schenectady,ny and right now the weather here sucks and so does the taxes and everything esle,you all are so lucky to be in fl,i use to live in tampa when i was a little girl,and gainsville,but we had to move back here,oh well,but now that am all grown up its my turn,so if there anyone out there,send me some infor..
Thanks

Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM

119 posts, read 209,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesma View Post
My husband substitutes all around Pinellas Co. schools and I would agree with Spainbrit about Seminole. I would not choose Clearwater with a young child. BTW we are going to a neighborhood assignment system in the Fall so your choice of where to live is very important. Seminole is very family friendly and close to beaches. There are some good apt. complexes if you're not ready to buy. It's a little more central since you don't have a job lined up. You won't be far from Largo which has great a cultural center and lots of ops for kids.
Yeah, what's this not fitting in business? Once you establish that you aren't snowbirds and you're here to contribute to the community. not just enjoy what our taxes pay for, you'll be fine. We're Orthodox Jews, talk about not fitting in but we're accepted to the extent we want to be. My husband wears a yarmulke to school and it is more a source of interest than a problem. I get a few stares because I'm usually in a long skirt where most women are in shorts but so what? Who wants to look at my old legs anyway?
Keep an open mind and don't worry unless there's something really strange about y'all

Can you tell me the names of some of the apartment complexes in the Seminole area that are in safe places? I have been looking on line and, not knowing the area, its hard to find one thats "in" Seminole. Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay