Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,454,245 times

Advertisements

People who love Tampa sure are defensive. Is it just me or are Tampa locals more boosters of their own city than they ever were of other places? Been back here for a few months now, it's OK but I'm looking forward to be leaving again. I was going to create a thread about the things I don't like about Tampa, not as a troll post but as genuine discussion. However, I noticed that people seem to really love Tampa and whenever someone says something bad about the city on here, it's treated differently vs. other cities.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:44 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,172,341 times
Uh, maybe they just LOVE Tampa. Just saying......

Old 05-22-2015, 09:47 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,032,119 times
Somebody has to love Tampa. There's so few natives here and so many transplants who loved it "back home."

Old 05-22-2015, 10:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,308,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
People who love Tampa sure are defensive. Is it just me or are Tampa locals more boosters of their own city than they ever were of other places? Been back here for a few months now, it's OK but I'm looking forward to be leaving again. I was going to create a thread about the things I don't like about Tampa, not as a troll post but as genuine discussion. However, I noticed that people seem to really love Tampa and whenever someone says something bad about the city on here, it's treated differently vs. other cities.
It's not just Tampa--it's the entire west coast of Florida from Tampa south. Not kidding--go an hour south, then two hours south. Massively defensive about the entire area being wonderful even though it is definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Never really understood it--it's like they all take it personally if you don't love it.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:36 AM

85 posts, read 101,557 times
Well if you just don't having different point of views it would be boring. Just have happy thoughts. lol

Old 05-22-2015, 11:07 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,179,649 times
What twists my shorts is when absolutely false or incorrect info is posted. i.e. "I think the woman in #8 is a tourist. She didn't have any visible tattoos", "he only jobs in Florida that seem to pay well are the professional fields, medicine and law. Other than that most of the labor force seems to be struggling with low paid minimum wage jobs.", " old people in FL are far more rude than any other old people in any other state he's ever seen", " As a native, most areas of FL are VERY transplant heavy, and many are unfriendly and / or aggressive types. ", "Florida is 100% built on sprawl", "Limited corporate presence, so little opportunity for career advancement, Non-competitive salaries/wages with a disproportionately high COL, -Poor non-wage benefits, Lack of refined tastes and interests among residents (most people in Florida are low-wage, working-class folks) Constant rain and intense humidity from late April/early May to mid-December, at least in South Florida , Many immigrants from Latin America who refuse to speak English, even if fluent, or will give preference to Hispanic/Spanish-speaking customers, A very pervasive ghetto culture in the urban areas and redneck culture in rural areas, Lots of Jewish business people who lack ethics and integrity in their dealing with clients, business partners, and others, -Frequent adverse weather events (hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms, etc.), More ghetto/dangerous areas than safe areas, Generally under-performing public schools, High food costs due to a lack of competition created by Publix monopoly,
Uninspiring scenery due to lack of topographical variation, Lots of ex-convicts, drug addicts, alcoholics, pedophiles, mafioso, et al., which result in many social ills" " The choice between red ants or the sweet stench of pesticides wafting through my window, the one day of the year that the weather is tolerable.", "Because so many people over the age of 65 live in/move to Florida, the population is inherently less educated, since educational attainment is lower among people age 65 and older than in younger generations.", "Be prepared for constant sweating, heat exhaustion and staying indoors (March-Nov)"

None of the quoted statements are true. Anyone reading such trash would (should) block the writer as it is certain more trash will follow.

Last edited by Spring Hillian; 05-22-2015 at 11:46 AM..

Old 05-22-2015, 11:45 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,921,716 times
People who chose Tampa Area, chose right and are happy.....that's the OP's gripe??? Get a life.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:53 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,454,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
People who chose Tampa Area, chose right and are happy.....that's the OP's gripe??? Get a life.
That's clearly not what I was griping about. And if you look at the above replies, then you would see that.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:02 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,636,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
What twists my shorts is when absolutely false or incorrect info is posted. i.e. "I think the woman in #8 is a tourist. She didn't have any visible tattoos", "he only jobs in Florida that seem to pay well are the professional fields, medicine and law. Other than that most of the labor force seems to be struggling with low paid minimum wage jobs.", " old people in FL are far more rude than any other old people in any other state he's ever seen", " As a native, most areas of FL are VERY transplant heavy, and many are unfriendly and / or aggressive types. ", "Florida is 100% built on sprawl", "Limited corporate presence, so little opportunity for career advancement, Non-competitive salaries/wages with a disproportionately high COL, -Poor non-wage benefits, Lack of refined tastes and interests among residents (most people in Florida are low-wage, working-class folks) Constant rain and intense humidity from late April/early May to mid-December, at least in South Florida , Many immigrants from Latin America who refuse to speak English, even if fluent, or will give preference to Hispanic/Spanish-speaking customers, A very pervasive ghetto culture in the urban areas and redneck culture in rural areas, Lots of Jewish business people who lack ethics and integrity in their dealing with clients, business partners, and others, -Frequent adverse weather events (hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms, etc.), More ghetto/dangerous areas than safe areas, Generally under-performing public schools, High food costs due to a lack of competition created by Publix monopoly,
Uninspiring scenery due to lack of topographical variation, Lots of ex-convicts, drug addicts, alcoholics, pedophiles, mafioso, et al., which result in many social ills" " The choice between red ants or the sweet stench of pesticides wafting through my window, the one day of the year that the weather is tolerable.", "Because so many people over the age of 65 live in/move to Florida, the population is inherently less educated, since educational attainment is lower among people age 65 and older than in younger generations.", "Be prepared for constant sweating, heat exhaustion and staying indoors (March-Nov)"

None of the quoted statements are true. Anyone reading such trash would (should) block the writer as it is certain more trash will follow.
Hey look your first quote was from me, lol.

I wouldn't say everything in that wall of text you just typed is untrue. You really need to get a grip.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:30 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,429,979 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
People who love Tampa sure are defensive. . I was going to create a thread about the things I don't like about Tampa, not as a troll post but as genuine discussion.[/quote
Not a good idea only glowing accolades are permitted in any topic about Tampa, any negatives about the area are considered blasphemy and you will quickly be asked to return from whence you came. Stick to the topics of Beautiful beaches and wonderful weather and how much of a Paradise Tampa is and much rhetoric about best move we ever made etc , seems thats all any one wants to hear.

Last edited by jambo101; 05-22-2015 at 02:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay