Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 03:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,161,385 times

Advertisements

[quote=jambo101;39722653]
Quote:
Not a good idea only glowing accolades are permitted in any topic about Tampa, any negatives about the area are considered blasphemy and you will quickly be asked to return from whence you came. Stick to the topics of Beautiful beaches and wonderful weather and how much of a Paradise Tampa is and much rhetoric about best move we ever made etc , seems thats all any one wants to hear.
Not really Jambo. If someone posts from their experiences, that is one thing. Making blanket statements about a state that have no truth to them are silly. Its non-information.

Also posting complete b.s. is ridiculous. However, the malcontents will always be there. It is up to the reader to determine the accuracy of the post. Also a good way is to look back in the posting history of a suspected malcontent. That will show the character and demeanor of a poster.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:07 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,019,870 times
I think the whole Tampa is this or Tampa is that is pointless. You can't argue with personal preference, you can't day is hot because someone will say how they love the heat and humidity, and how they don't even need a/c in their car. You can't say traffic is bad because ten people from DC will say how they were use to a 4 hour commute. I look at the median income level and household wealth index, at the number of Fortune 500 companies headquartered here and that paints a clear a picture, I personally never looked for a job here i was headhunted and here I am, some people here day they actually got more money when they moved here and that's all that matters.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:22 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,803,044 times
Everyone has different tastes. What appeals to some won't appeal to others. Personally, I LOVE Tampa. I am a native and have lived here most of my life, and moving away for a while only solidified how much I love this place. I love the casual, laid-back lifestyle. I love the beaches. I love being right near the water. I love the heat, and I love how mild our winters our. Our thunderstorms are great, too! The food here is great - Cuban sandwiches, seafood ... yum!

It doesn't rile me up when someone knocks my city. I really could care less. It works for me here, so why would I care if it didn't work for someone else?

Old 05-22-2015, 05:29 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,024,422 times
What I don't understand is that you said you lived in Wesley Chapel in another thread... Why would you want to make negative comments about Tampa? You should probably stick to Wesley Chapel.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:06 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,436,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
What I don't understand is that you said you lived in Wesley Chapel in another thread... Why would you want to make negative comments about Tampa? You should probably stick to Wesley Chapel.
I'm back in Tampa temporarily right now and currently reside in WC, yes. I have lived all over Tampa in the past, so I think that qualifies me.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:31 PM

554 posts, read 978,215 times
I have lived in a few states and have been regulars on the forums for those states. The people in the other forums I have seen are just as defensive about their home turfs. Like in other states, this forum does have a few negative people who have to try to contradict anything positive someone says.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:30 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,618,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
People who love Tampa sure are defensive. Is it just me or are Tampa locals more boosters of their own city than they ever were of other places? Been back here for a few months now, it's OK but I'm looking forward to be leaving again. I was going to create a thread about the things I don't like about Tampa, not as a troll post but as genuine discussion. However, I noticed that people seem to really love Tampa and whenever someone says something bad about the city on here, it's treated differently vs. other cities.
Well, unfortunately some have trouble understanding that "others" have different standards. Or that they came from other places that had more to offer.

You can't have an objective opinion if your focus is subjective.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:14 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
[quote=Spring Hillian;39724055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

Not really Jambo. If someone posts from their experiences, that is one thing. Making blanket statements about a state that have no truth to them are silly. Its non-information.
If people are spouting pure bs i'll be one of the first to call em on it but if they are just not liking Florida and express some of the reasons why Florida is not to their liking i dont see where they need to be attacked with the proverbial hater/basher designation.they just dont particularly like Florida and are giving reasons why.My personal pros and cons of Florida would include,
pros
great fishing,
great weather when the rest of the country is covered in snow,
much outdoor activity.
Cons would include
Too hot and humid for too long,
too much traffic in the areas i frequent, (Tampa Bay area)
a geology that is just too flat and straight.
For these types of opinions some would call me a hater and a basher of Florida and invite me to go back where i came from.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:49 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,024,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Cons would include
Too hot and humid for too long,
This is one of the dumbest "cons" that people continue to list. What did you think you were getting into when entering "The Sunshine State?"

Old 05-23-2015, 01:13 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
This is one of the dumbest "cons" that people continue to list. What did you think you were getting into when entering "The Sunshine State?"
I had no choice in the matter and when i did discover i had problems dealing with heat i addressed the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay