Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 01:07 PM

745 posts, read 800,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
you are exactly right. There are not many options to travel from SR 56. Even when SR 56 will be extended to US 301, I don't see how it will help WC residents who commute to downtown... it actually will create more traffic and bring US 301 residents to SR 56 to access I-75/I-275...
It wont...

You couldn't pay me to live in that area... all extending 56 to 301 will do is help people who live in Zephyrhills and Dade City get to Tampa faster, and, in the process, put MORE people on 275
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 04:07 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Where did I say someone purchased pass? It appears you have issues with English understanding again.
Let me repeat it again - I heard other people were considering moving to Arbor Woods and buying passes to Seven Oaks amenities. I never said someone did this already, but it's a valid alternative. I know in fact it's possible to buy pass for non-seven oaks residents, but I doubt there are many who really interested in it. Otherwise I don't understand why Seven Oaks board of CDD advertising it for people who live outside of Seven Oaks. Do you?
In addition to this people can by $20 single day passes to use Seven Oaks amenities. But it's not the point I was making... sorry you missed it. There are alternative to communities without clubhouse and pool with broken slide...
On the side note I am glad you admitted seven oaks clubhouse is overcrowded as it is now
Before accusing me of not understanding English.... please call and check with Seven Oaks before writing about an entire family for approx.. $ 1200 being able to use the Club House.

As I stated it is possible for someone living outside of Seven Oaks to purchase a membership but it cost $ 900 per adult and $ 600 for a minor.

Reading is also an art.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 11,138 times
There are some good replies here, thank you for that. I can see there are people that wouldn't live in a place because of high HOA/CDD fees so I can see why the feelings would be shifted that way. From what I have seen the HOA + CDD at The Ridge is about $200 a month more than Seven Oaks but includes all exterior lawn maintenance and a brand new community pool. I don't know about others, but in general I spend about $150/month on lawn care which includes the sprinkler system. All of that said, if the argument is that Estancia, Seven Oaks and The Ridge have too high of HOA/CDD fees then I can understand the arguments much better. That being said when we went to Seven Oaks the community pool wasn't in the best condition and the slide was closed? There are also so many houses (and they are adding more!), I can't imagine how busy it is on the weekend?

As far as prices, we haven't seen a major difference between Estancia and The Ridge, but maybe 2-5% at Estancia? I was really hoping to find people who would consider those type of communities and see if there was things they really liked or didn't.

The options in the back of Meadow Pointe are ok, but the lot fees at the new Standard Pacific development are really high and it doesn't look they are selling well? Union Park might be ok, but location isn't great and I just don't get a great feel from the builders or area.

Right now we are leaning towards Estancia because of the location and it seems like it is developing nicely, I don't have a good feel for how quickly The Ridge will develop and of course who knows when the community center will actually be finished.

Thanks again for the comments, some of them are very helpful.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Like in Seven Oak, Estancia is being build with a similar concept and similar developer/builder although Seven Oaks had other builders back in the days but it was mostly Westfield Homes which later was bought by Standard Pacific homes.

Union Park is not really comparable if you look at the community since it has a lot of smaller homes and different price range.

The Ridge seems to be higher end and so far I haven't heard of the CDD fees which probably will sooner than later will be disclosed.

The community is not yet listed on the MLS and builders have to disclose new construction on the MLS as well or at least as data.

The way they are not openly about the CDD fees makes me wonder how high they are and with so many CDD communities around that area it is very easy to compare what you get and what you have to pay.

Near Union Park there is another community that is called Windsor at Meadow Pointe and is just in front of Union Park which is more comparable to Estancia and Seven Oaks but than with the amenities of Meadow Pointe which are different than Seven Oaks and Estancia but nice.
Just wanted to let you know that I didn't have an issue getting HOA/CDD costs, sent an email and got a response that included the fees and what those fees cover.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:32 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleychapelhousehunter View Post
There are some good replies here, thank you for that. I can see there are people that wouldn't live in a place because of high HOA/CDD fees so I can see why the feelings would be shifted that way. From what I have seen the HOA + CDD at The Ridge is about $200 a month more than Seven Oaks but includes all exterior lawn maintenance and a brand new community pool. I don't know about others, but in general I spend about $150/month on lawn care which includes the sprinkler system. All of that said, if the argument is that Estancia, Seven Oaks and The Ridge have too high of HOA/CDD fees then I can understand the arguments much better. That being said when we went to Seven Oaks the community pool wasn't in the best condition and the slide was closed? There are also so many houses (and they are adding more!), I can't imagine how busy it is on the weekend?

As far as prices, we haven't seen a major difference between Estancia and The Ridge, but maybe 2-5% at Estancia? I was really hoping to find people who would consider those type of communities and see if there was things they really liked or didn't.

The options in the back of Meadow Pointe are ok, but the lot fees at the new Standard Pacific development are really high and it doesn't look they are selling well? Union Park might be ok, but location isn't great and I just don't get a great feel from the builders or area.

Right now we are leaning towards Estancia because of the location and it seems like it is developing nicely, I don't have a good feel for how quickly The Ridge will develop and of course who knows when the community center will actually be finished.

Thanks again for the comments, some of them are very helpful.
I would expect the Ridge be finished prior to Estancia simply because it's smaller.
The disadvantage buying in Estancia is if you decided to sell for any reason within next 10-15 years, there is a chance you will have to compete with brand new homes in your community (that's why some $500K> homes in Seven Oaks are struggling to sell now). Unless prices will go up which I don't see happening. We still have neighborhoods with much cheaper homes too close. It's just my opinion.

Seven Oaks was great 10 years ago, but started showing its age. HOA/CDD boards are doing well compare to other communities, but you are right, the community pool and clubhouse are already at their max capacity and the slide has been out of service for over a year now.

I understand you have no problems paying HOA/CDD. But you also need to consider how likely the entire community will be paying these fees. That's what happened when people bought during last bubble, stopped paying mortgages and HOA and some even taxes with CDD... It's ok when we talk about 1 house like that, but imagine it's more than that. No money coming to HOA/CDD => it's hard to keep up with expenses for all amenities. Another thing to keep in mind - HOA and CDD might be raising from time to time.

If you can wait another year, do it. You might see how The Woods will be doing and it they will be done with their amenities, it make sense to chose this community. However it's unclear what is their master plan after whatever lots they are showing on their map now.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:20 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
It wont...

You couldn't pay me to live in that area... all extending 56 to 301 will do is help people who live in Zephyrhills and Dade City get to Tampa faster, and, in the process, put MORE people on 275
Let's assume Pasco will agreed with City of Tampa and open the connection Kinnan St. & Mansfield - we should expect heavy traffic from Cross Creek and communities like K-Bar Ranch heading to SR 56 -> I-75/I-275.... I really hope the connection is out of question for another 10 years. We don't need Hillsborough residents crating more traffic and I feel bad for Meadow Pointe residents...

Old 08-19-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that I didn't have an issue getting HOA/CDD costs, sent an email and got a response that included the fees and what those fees cover.
I'm glad they you the info on CDD that right away as they don't have it up on the MLS and neither on their website when I checked it a few weeks ago.

CDD/HOA fees often have to be double checked as not all amounts reflect current amounts as not all sellers disclose the correct amount and some forget that they have 2 HOA fees and a CDD, etc.

You also have to compare what is included as you already stated that at the Ridge lawn maintenance is included but you still have to know what they include with the lawn maintenance as that can be different than what you expect to be included. They may not include trimming bushes or maybe it will be included.

There are communities with just one HOA fee and no CDD and when you calculate it for the entire year it comes down to a similar amount as another community with a higher CDD and a very low HOA.

CDD and/or HOA may also vary based on lot size so if a sales person gives you the amount than make sure that you verify that it is for every lot you inquire about as many sales people try to avoid that info and later have you sign a paper and than you find out your lot will have a way higher fee.

Some will include basic cable and there is for years a lot to do with some home owners who prefer a different provider than basic cable is offered through and you won't be reimbursed for using a different provider.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:44 PM

877 posts, read 1,912,515 times
We seriously considered the Standard Pacific new builds that are behind Meadow Pointe right before Union Park, but they didn't really have any amenities. We could use the pools and parks of Meadow Pointe, but none seemed to be within walking distance and I don't want to drive my kids to a park.

For us, it is either Westbay at Union Park or SP at Estancia right now. We will probably wait another year to see how the housing market does before finally purchasing though.

UP seems kid friendlier and has quite a bit to do. Estancia seems a bit snottier, but is more convenient to the interstate and shopping. The Ridge has a good location, but we just don't like that style of home. The entrance is beautiful though.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Old 08-19-2015, 06:35 PM

I understand completely, Union Park seemed like a decent option but we just didn't get a good feel when we went through the community. I agree about Estancia, the location is much better and more convenient, however The Ridge will have 3 schools in walking distance and there are lots available within walking distance of the future clubhouse, that isn't as realistic at Estancia.

Either way I was leaning towards waiting as well but I know interest rates are going up and I doubt home prices are going down, so its tough either way...

Old 08-21-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
I understand completely, Union Park seemed like a decent option but we just didn't get a good feel when we went through the community. I agree about Estancia, the location is much better and more convenient, however The Ridge will have 3 schools in walking distance and there are lots available within walking distance of the future clubhouse, that isn't as realistic at Estancia.

Either way I was leaning towards waiting as well but I know interest rates are going up and I doubt home prices are going down, so its tough either way...
You may want to look into a resale as there are homes with more upgrades for sale that are worth looking into.

Keep in mind that new built homes come with full warranty and often money towards closing cost paid by the builder which is nice to consider but at the same time model homes are not what you are getting if you by a new home unless you pay $ 70 K- $ 150K on top of the base price to get what you see at the model homes.

Some builders also need to opt their service after closing as there are some issues with getting things done.

If you like items like crown molding and other upgrades than you may be better of with a resale as many home owners over the years have add that after closing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay