Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:34 PM

63 posts, read 287,570 times

Advertisements

Sorry, the owner of Southern Crafted Homes which is the builder in Stonegate is a thief. Do not buy there. We put a deposit on a home, more than what we could afford, they knew it and took our deposit. They also knew my father was dying at the time we signed the contract (Feb 2007) and took advantage of my grief. They required 10% down so we wrote them a check for $37,000 out of our home equity line, they told us to do that too. A month later I came to my senses and we told them there was no way we could afford the house. Additionally, there was no way the house would be worth what they were charging us for it by the time it was built. Home prices are falling here bigtime, yet this homebuilder keeps charging too much for their homes. Anyway, construction had not yet begun, nothing had been done. We pleaded with them that we could not afford the home, we have two very small children, I am a stay at home mom, and we needed our money back and they kept every dime. We are now making monthly home equity line payments on that $37k. The owner of that company has no soul. Do not buy from them, period.

I heard from a realtor that southern crafted bought that property when the real estate market was hot and they paid a pretty penny. Allegedly, they cannot sell the homes for less than what they ask for because they'd lose money on their deal. God forbid. I hope they go bankrupt. We are not the only people who they have done this to. They are being sued by several people for doing the same thing in other communites.

And to the person who is selling that Grand Bahama, good luck getting what you paid for it. There are not many people that can afford and/or can get approved for a $619,000 home anymore.

Last edited by Tampa1228; 06-30-2008 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,324 times
Tampa, Florida New Home Builder Southern Crafted Homes (http://www.southerncraftedhomes.wordpress.com - broken link)

Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,401 times
Default Can you please provide more info on Dupree Lakes????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgb6 View Post
Stay out of Dupree Lakes built by Beazer homes. We bought there and not only are did we have tons of builder issues. The community is very shady at best. Several families have ran ran out of there. In addition to Beazer being a shady builder they have tons of consumer complaints.
Hello,

We are currently in the home building process in Dupree Lakes with Beazer Homes. We are having some issues with them and we would like to know more information about some issues other people have had before deciding to move forward with them. Can you please give me some insight to the types of problems you had with them. Thank you very much.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:01 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,665,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa1228 View Post
Sorry, the owner of Southern Crafted Homes which is the builder in Stonegate is a thief. Do not buy there. We put a deposit on a home, more than what we could afford, they knew it and took our deposit. They also knew my father was dying at the time we signed the contract (Feb 2007) and took advantage of my grief. They required 10% down so we wrote them a check for $37,000 out of our home equity line, they told us to do that too. A month later I came to my senses and we told them there was no way we could afford the house. Additionally, there was no way the house would be worth what they were charging us for it by the time it was built. Home prices are falling here bigtime, yet this homebuilder keeps charging too much for their homes. Anyway, construction had not yet begun, nothing had been done. We pleaded with them that we could not afford the home, we have two very small children, I am a stay at home mom, and we needed our money back and they kept every dime. We are now making monthly home equity line payments on that $37k. The owner of that company has no soul. Do not buy from them, period.

I heard from a realtor that southern crafted bought that property when the real estate market was hot and they paid a pretty penny. Allegedly, they cannot sell the homes for less than what they ask for because they'd lose money on their deal. God forbid. I hope they go bankrupt. We are not the only people who they have done this to. They are being sued by several people for doing the same thing in other communites.

And to the person who is selling that Grand Bahama, good luck getting what you paid for it. There are not many people that can afford and/or can get approved for a $619,000 home anymore.
They should have let you apply the $37,000 to a cheaper home in the same community.My sister-in-law realized she was in too deep and asked her builder to apply her $18,000 deposit to a smaller less upgraded home in the same community (MI Homes) and they complied! That way everybody is happy!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,936,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa1228 View Post
We put a deposit on a home, more than what we could afford, they knew it and took our deposit. They also knew my father was dying at the time we signed the contract (Feb 2007) and took advantage of my grief. They required 10% down so we wrote them a check for $37,000 out of our home equity line, they told us to do that too. A month later I came to my senses and we told them there was no way we could afford the house.
Sorry, but you are an adult who signed a valid contract. it is not their fault values fall, as it would not be their gain if values went up. They are not being crooks, they had a valid contract.

Out of courtesy, a lot of places will allow you to apply the down payment to another unit, but even that is not required.

You agreed to the contract, you would have expected them to live up to it, why should they not expect you to live up to your end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay