Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 535 times

Advertisements

Simply put, you can avoid all this by going to a cash home buyer like www.offermecash.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 10:42 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocioffer View Post
Simply put, you can avoid all this by going to a cash home buyer like www.offermecash.com
True, but in doing so you're going to take a significant hit on the sale proceeds. For instance, I recently had both a market assessment and appraisal performed on a property I own that I am considering selling.

Just for grins, I contacted OfferPad for a quote.

The property was appraised at around $290k, the market assessment was $300k. Based on comps in the neighborhood that have sold recently, the $290k price is pretty much on target.

OfferPad made me an offer of $210k. It was predicated on an inspection by them which, should they find anything they felt needed repairs or improvements, would be deducted from the price. I would add that it's a 20 year old house that has a brand new roof, AC, water heater and floor coverings throughout. The kitchen has been updated as well.

So they essentially offered me 70% of market price, and that's without them going over the property and deciding it needed something done.

I guess if you had plenty of equity in the place it could possibly make sense, but when you're talking about a 30% difference in the proceeds that's not a hit most sellers are willing to take.

RM

Last edited by MortonR; 10-20-2018 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-23-2018, 03:59 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,080,207 times
As a realtor, who sold my own homes, I took the step of having a professional appraisal done, I use a well known company in Pinellas. I marketed a little above appraisal price and sold for $2.5K less than asking for one and exact appraisal price for other.

Also being a realtor I know the value of making sure that the place looks perfect, (and clean!) and getting photography done and I did have the advantage of being able to list it on the MLS and only having to pay the buyer agent (in the case of one, I didn't have to pay that either as buyers were not represented)

other posters will advise to save money and it is possible to do this and sell without an agent, depends on how confident you are and what you know legally that you must and must not do, and keep things on track, and follow up on lenders/inspections etc etc. But you can google most of this anyway. Offering a commission to a buyer agent I think is important, after all you may lose the opportunity of a sale, unless the offer is too low. You can always refuse an offer if it is too low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: