Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 PM

190 posts, read 650,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjh20 View Post
Shouldn't you expect Tampa to be hot if it's in Florida? I mean, if you want there to be winters during winter season, obviously Tampa isn't gonna be your type of place. Overcrowds, pompous/selfish people, and traffic is a problem in EVERY major city my friend. Maybe you should stick to the suburbs.
for sure, you said it. i came down 6 months ago from RHODE ISLAND, most people here never heard of it and think its in NY, but thats probably the only thing i hate about Tampa.

besides that, the weather, what more can you ask for?
the people are laid back but not hill billies, a diverse crowd
excellent night life
alway something to do and cool people to do it with
beautiful women
motorcycle 10 months a year ( love bugs season ya cant, i guess i hate that too )

and overall, Tampa is a place you can live and work. its a great mix and as long as your responsible and not partyin every night and get up for work, you can definitely live a good life even on a tighter budget....

im not a southerner, but im sure trying

im just not going to buy those flip flops... ( sandles )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 AM

121 posts, read 515,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS1981 View Post
Do the leaves on trees turn colors in autumn in Tampa?

Just wondering.
Yes, the leaves turn. They go from alive and green, to dead and brown, back to alive and green again.

No, there are no pretty fall colors here. But there are palm trees!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:01 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,463,360 times
pros
Cheap compared to many similar places
kinda diverse population
on the water
lots of stuff to do
lots of "naugtiness"!!!!
hot hot hot babes
warm nearly yr round
laid back

Cons
lots of old people
traffic bites
too many conservatives
getting pricey
hurricanes!
job opps arent the best
low paying
people arent willing to pay for services they demand Budget cuts lock more out of state universities - 04/02/2008 - MiamiHerald.com (broken link)

Last edited by crystalblue; 04-02-2008 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-02-2008, 09:04 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoose9000 View Post
what are the best reasons to live in tampa?

What about tampa makes you want to pull your hair out?

In answer to both: the people.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewu9900 View Post
im not a southerner, but im sure trying

Just be Mike.
You can't achieve "Southern" by trying, and you sure can't do it by emulating the average Tampa Bay resident, most of whom have only been here a couple years longer than you have.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Do the leaves on trees turn colors in autumn in Tampa?

Just wondering.

No, but the license plates do. 'Long about October you start seeing blue and white, red white & blue, red & white...Then in spring they mysteriously change back, somewhere between Easter and Mother's Day.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
BigGoose 9000,

I don't think the crime in Tampa is caused by people who seek out employment and purposefully relocate to the city for its climate ("bums like us"). I am sure that the majority of Tampa's crime, as in other major cities, is caused by impoverished residents of its urban core.

<snort>

Tampa's crime is like anyone else's. There's people who are criminals because they got a bum deal, and others who are criminals because they want to be. To assume all the lowlives in the area are native is kind of naive. A**hats relocate for warm weather the same as anyone else.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:57 PM

79 posts, read 331,082 times
Since I moved here from NYC two months ago, I haven't worn jeans, not once. I wear my suit at work downtown, come home to my nice quiet apt. complex with a pond and a pool, pull into my two car garage, with my backyard being a golf course, change out of my suit and into my shorts, tee and sandals. every day. it's a wonderful thing, ya ask me.

though i can feel the extreme heat just over the horizon....

still, the no need for long pants makes up for lots of things....

Old 04-02-2008, 04:33 PM

119 posts, read 524,900 times
I should clarify. That post came out wrong. I meant that crime is caused by criminals, obviously, both urban and rural. Etc. I did not mean to classify criminals in one bracket - geographic, socioeconomic, or otherwise. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
<snort>

Tampa's crime is like anyone else's. There's people who are criminals because they got a bum deal, and others who are criminals because they want to be. To assume all the lowlives in the area are native is kind of naive. A**hats relocate for warm weather the same as anyone else.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:50 PM

52 posts, read 194,805 times
gotten the impression that politics in FL is somewhat a mess...

seen as a con for moving to tampa lots of conservatives...

any thoughts on the prevailing political climate and how this makes tampa great and or terrible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay