Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 04:49 AM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Certain posters on here are paid to sway opinion by spreading misinformation about other posters on here so it’s best not to interact with them.
Too many home sellers on here that paint a pretty pic to fool others into buying a home from them. Kinda like one saying my hood was nice when just about half the homes have been stitting empty since 2007 and the rest are rented out to scum bags. And Code is a joke in Pasco county. Most of them homes should torn down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 07:28 PM

78 posts, read 57,863 times
...Buckeye here/now in Tampa

Yes, I agree. it's easy to enjoy Tampa on vacation. Florida as a whole is a much different place to live. The economics of the MW are much better; however our quality of life has improved. There is alot to do here and we are enjoying life much more than in the MW, where we crammed life into June-August in anticipation for the crappy weather. Overall the MW gives you more bang for your buck. We miss the reasonable car insurance rates and better overall schools. Traffic and the layout of the city is conducive to accidents and the traffic is horrible. A level schools here are C/D level in Ohio. We miss more common sense gun laws that leave us on edge (dont let the palm trees lull you into thinking this is paradise) and basements among other things.

I would continue to encourage friends to raise their families in the MW, come here later...for a few yrs...maybe not for the whole retirement thing. I do enjoy the detour; however, if you can visit often, appreciate where you are. Everywhere the pros for you should outweigh the balances.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:50 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingm View Post
...Buckeye here/now in Tampa

Yes, I agree. it's easy to enjoy Tampa on vacation. Florida as a whole is a much different place to live. The economics of the MW are much better; however our quality of life has improved. There is alot to do here and we are enjoying life much more than in the MW, where we crammed life into June-August in anticipation for the crappy weather. Overall the MW gives you more bang for your buck. We miss the reasonable car insurance rates and better overall schools. Traffic and the layout of the city is conducive to accidents and the traffic is horrible. A level schools here are C/D level in Ohio. We miss more common sense gun laws that leave us on edge (dont let the palm trees lull you into thinking this is paradise) and basements among other things.

I would continue to encourage friends to raise their families in the MW, come here later...for a few yrs...maybe not for the whole retirement thing. I do enjoy the detour; however, if you can visit often, appreciate where you are. Everywhere the pros for you should outweigh the balances.
As a former Midwesterner, I would agree wth you to some extent. The quality of life in the Midwest is better, but its hard to quantify exactly what that consists of.

As for the winter, well, we never crammed our lives into the house. We got out and enjoyed the winter. Snowmobiling, cross country skiing, etc., etc. No reason for cabin fever in winter - it's what you make of it.

That being said, I can do without the mess and inconvenience of cold weather. That part I don't miss.

RM

Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 AM

983 posts, read 608,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
As a former Midwesterner, I would agree wth you to some extent. The quality of life in the Midwest is better, but its hard to quantify exactly what that consists of.

As for the winter, well, we never crammed our lives into the house. We got out and enjoyed the winter. Snowmobiling, cross country skiing, etc., etc. No reason for cabin fever in winter - it's what you make of it.

That being said, I can do without the mess and inconvenience of cold weather. That part I don't miss.

RM
We are currently in northern Illinois and used to do cross country skiing and a lot of winter activities with our kids but they are grown and we are at the point we don't enjoy the cold or skiing anymore. We will be relocating to FL soon!

Old 09-18-2018, 12:58 PM

35 posts, read 42,467 times
Default Chickens in Ybor

https://www.motherjones.com/environm...sters-florida/

Here is a link that will give you the history of the Ybor chickens. Glad you like our area!

Old 09-18-2018, 02:12 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
As far as Florida cities go, I thought Tampa was OK, but "impressed" isn't a word I'd use to describe my attitude toward it. It's tolerable. Which is more than I can say for Miami and Orlando.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:26 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
As far as Florida cities go, I thought Tampa was OK, but "impressed" isn't a word I'd use to describe my attitude toward it. It's tolerable. Which is more than I can say for Miami and Orlando.
"Beauty" is always in the eye of the beholder. Some will love it, some will hate it, and yes others will just be sort of neutral.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:52 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post

RM
I believe the quality of live is better in FL, especially since a lot of Midwesterners are moving to Florida. There is a lot more stuff to do in FL than in OH.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:40 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I believe the quality of live is better in FL, especially since a lot of Midwesterners are moving to Florida. There is a lot more stuff to do in FL than in OH.
More specifically, the quality of life was and is better in southeast Wisconsin in my opinion. That is not a measure of "stuff to do".

RM

Old 09-23-2018, 10:05 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,101,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Eh I guess it depends where in the Midwest v. where in Florida.

Besides salt water activities/outside recreation in winter months what exactly does Florida offer that can't be found in the Midwest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay