Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 07:09 AM

5 posts, read 14,599 times

Advertisements

No offense to New Port Richians, as I assume there are many normal people there, but I’ve been to New Port Richey for a while and I basically vowed never to live there. Now I’m moving to Spring Hill and I want to know if it’s better? I’ve heard there are a lot of older people there and that is something I’m completely okay with, but I’ve also heard there’s drug use. If people are doing drugs and you don’t see people rolling around on crack in the streets, and if they don’t try to get uninvolved people like me to buy drugs, then I don’t really care. But I don’t wanna see a bunch of crackheads running around saying “Gang ****!!” and I also would rather not hear loud rap music every time a car passes by so I wanted to get clarification on these things. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 11:59 AM

270 posts, read 161,620 times
I have friends who have lived there since the '80's. Nice place. It's known as the "Nature Coast" and "Adventure Coast". The area population has grown by leaps and bounds since the 90's. Drugs? I haven't heard of any American town where there are no drugs. I've been up that way many times and always found it to be a typical town in America. Dozens of restaurants, good roads, loads of retail. I am considering a move up to Crystal River, 40 or so miles north of Spring Hill

Old 06-26-2019, 06:47 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
IMO, you've got to be a dam FOOL to live in NPR, PR, Hudson, or anywhere else around that area of Pasco County.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:57 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
I've lived in Spring Hill since 2012. There's drugs everywhere in the country. Compared to West Pasco, there's much less.

I like it here. Like anywhere else there are neighborhoods nicer than others.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
IMO, you've got to be a dam FOOL to live in NPR, PR, Hudson, or anywhere else around that area of Pasco County.
This is in hernando county. Is that bad?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I've lived in Spring Hill since 2012. There's drugs everywhere in the country. Compared to West Pasco, there's much less.

I like it here. Like anywhere else there are neighborhoods nicer than others.
What is west pasco? I mean what towns? And I just looked at the houses around and thought they looked nice. I hope it’s a good neighborhood.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:16 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoFill Contact View Post
What is west pasco? I mean what towns? And I just looked at the houses around and thought they looked nice. I hope it’s a good neighborhood.
West Pasco = Hudson, Port Richey, New Port Richey, and Holiday.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
West Pasco = Hudson, Port Richey, New Port Richey, and Holiday.
Cool, so I’m safe. It seems like a nice area but you never know what kind of weird things happen until you live there lol. That’s why I came on here.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:58 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,365,693 times
I’ve been told, and this is just anecdotal, that Spring Hill isn’t much better than west Pasco in regards to drug abuse and related crime.

RM

Old 06-28-2019, 05:58 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I’ve been told, and this is just anecdotal, that Spring Hill isn’t much better than west Pasco in regards to drug abuse and related crime.

RM
Agreed. Same w/ Shady Hills. (Can be quite shady imo).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay