Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 06:13 PM

270 posts, read 161,620 times

Advertisements

What do you do when an electrical fire burns you out? Slab leak? Mold? Hurricane?

If you can afford to replace it all at once, you may have something there.

FL sun is murder on asphalt roofing. Go with Tile. Tile roofs in FL last from 25 years to 50 years. Metal roofs can last up to 50 years in Florida weather.

How much to reframe the roof after the tornado displaces it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0key View Post
The day I pay my place off, I'm firing the insurance. Done.

No point in insuring a roof if you only have to replace the damn thing every 10 years. So instead of insuring it, just say eff the insurance co's (fire them), and if / when it gets blown off by a tornado, then just buy another one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 05:49 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
More insurance hikes for Florida!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/florida...763328?mod=mhp

Old 06-21-2022, 08:13 AM

60 posts, read 65,663 times
Great article, thanks.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre D View Post
Great article, thanks.
Make sure you read the comments under the article, very educational

Old 06-21-2022, 04:53 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post
What do you do when an electrical fire burns you out? Slab leak? Mold? Hurricane?

FL sun is murder on asphalt roofing. Go with Tile. Tile roofs in FL last from 25 years to 50 years. Metal roofs can last up to 50 years in Florida weather.

Buy another house like a silly mouse once prices crash nash. I have saved enough over 20 years going bare blare to buy another brother.

Old 06-21-2022, 05:09 PM

211 posts, read 140,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post

What do I do?

With insurance:

I wait months or years for a claim or litigation before anything gets done. After deductibles, lawyer fees, and actual cash value, I'll never be made whole.

Without insurance:

Put the insurance savings toward the loss. Suck it up, get a loan and start getting it fixed now.

See, when there's no such thing as insurance, the cost to recover from all our accidents and emergencies no longer includes: TV commercials, executive salaries, litigation, government regulations, fraud, etc. And your place gets restored months or years sooner.

Old 06-23-2022, 07:38 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0key View Post
The day I pay my place off, I'm firing the insurance. Done.

No point in insuring a roof if you only have to replace the damn thing every 10 years. So instead of insuring it, just say eff the insurance co's (fire them), and if / when it gets blown off by a tornado, then just buy another one.

What's the point of getting a 25yr or more shingle roof if the insurance company wants you to get a new roof every 10 yrs?

Old 06-23-2022, 07:48 AM

Florida homeowners pay nearly 3x national average for homeowners insurance
A new analysis by the Insurance Information Institute finds Floridians are paying property insurance premiums nearly three times the national average.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/p...MKbqp0J6r_pK_Q

Old 06-23-2022, 10:25 AM

64 posts, read 52,330 times
That's because of too much building, crowding and people moving here,...and because of lawyers and chasers.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:33 PM

211 posts, read 140,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
What's the point of getting a 25yr or more shingle roof if the insurance company wants you to get a new roof every 10 yrs?

Right, exactly. Like maybe what the hell is the point of having insurance at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay