Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:03 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,700,078 times

Advertisements

I used to go to Lion Country Safari as a child (literally a zillion times!) I LOVED it! It's a great way to go, the animals roam freely around you as you drive through the "safari!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
I see. Definitely just stick around the Orlando area then. Disney (EPCOT) and Sea World are probalby the best places to take handicap people to. The only time I've been to Islands of Adventure was on its technical rehersal day years ago, and much like its Universal Studios counterpart, rides were the important factor too. Universal Studios is more of a show/ride combo. The attractions haven't really been hitting the spot with me as of late since they keep removing a lot of the classic ones and replacing them with something else.

If you're aiming to see animals in Florida (besides Animal Kingdom and Tampa), there is
West Palm Beach's Lion Country Safari. I went there once and it was a pretty good well-kept drive through zoo.

Edit: Sorry... Put down the wrong town name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 AM

5 posts, read 4,727 times
I MUCH prefer Busch Gardens over Disney. Busch is an absolutely beautiful park, with lush landscaping and themed architecture. The are more stage shows, and imho much better food, including the a sit down restaurant that overlooks the wild animals. Disney is far faker, with animatronics whereas Busch everything is real! Better rides, better food, much more beautiful park, and far superior customer service. Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, voted most beautiful park in the nation, is even better.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
First off comparing these two parks is like apples and oranges! Busch Gardens is in the middle of the ghetto! Its smaller, busy, and the overall quality of ppl sucks. I couldn't see the lush landscapes because it was blocked by motorized scooters I was trying not to get ran over by! (most of which were used by those who don't really need one)

However, my guess is that you have not been at Epcot, Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios because if you did you would have seen much more "themed architecture" than at Busch Gardens.

Disney is not for everyone, but your description is silly at best. They pioneered the "thee park" industry.

What's so real at Busch Gardens? it is not the same type of park as Disney parks are...Once at Disney everything else is a downgrade. Sure the food is not the best, but where is it really? All restaurant food is overpriced, and rarely any good, not to mention the elephant portions! We don't eat at Disney, we pack our own lunch!

I am assuming the Busch gardens in Williamsburg is not in the ghetto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnyc1 View Post
I MUCH prefer Busch Gardens over Disney. Busch is an absolutely beautiful park, with lush landscaping and themed architecture. The are more stage shows, and imho much better food, including the a sit down restaurant that overlooks the wild animals. Disney is far faker, with animatronics whereas Busch everything is real! Ridiculous statement! Better rides, better food, much more beautiful park, and far superior customer service. Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, voted most beautiful park in the nation, is even better.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Love them both, they are very different. Busch is one Park... Disney is several. Busch is essentially a Disney Animal Kingdom.

If you want to ride on roller coasters.... visit Busch.

If you want shorter lines... visit Busch.

If you want a more affordable experience... visit Busch.

If you have kids under 48"... go to Animal Kingdom.

If you love all that is Disney... go to Animal Kingdom.

Disney is set for more of an ALL ages experience. Busch Gardens is probably better for those with families with kids 8 and older.... at least 48"... preferably 52" tall.

As a local - I prefer Busch as do many of my visitors. #1 complain about Disney is how crowded it is and how long the lines are.

Both places have the same quality of people. Being located in the 'ghetto' has absolutely nothing to do with anything on this subject. Busch is a very clean and professionally ran park. The same people that own Seaworld own Busch.

FWIW - I have been to the each Disney Park about 3 times and Busch a dozen or so.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:14 AM

Exactly.

What does "FWIW" stand for?

Been to Busch Garden once, and had enough...been to sea World over 200 times since 2001...and until 2009 when they removed the water fountains throughout the park and forced everyone to buy bottled water at $2,50 a bottle, and some other antics. I still prefer Sea World over Busch Gardens. We go to Disney almost every weekend, and there is always something else we can do there. We do avoid certain holidays...but if you know when to go, and time your rides well, you don't even notice the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Love them both, they are very different. Busch is one Park... Disney is several. Busch is essentially a Disney Animal Kingdom.

Disney is set for more of an ALL ages experience. Busch Gardens is probably better for those with families with kids 8 and older.... at least 48"... preferably 52" tall.

As a local - I prefer Busch as do many of my visitors. #1 complain about Disney is how crowded it is and how long the lines are.

Both places have the same quality of people. Being located in the 'ghetto' has absolutely nothing to do with anything on this subject. Busch is a very clean and professionally ran park. The same people that own Seaworld own Busch.

FWIW - I have been to the each Disney Park about 3 times and Busch a dozen or so.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Exactly.

What does "FWIW" stand for?

Been to Busch Garden once, and had enough...been to sea World over 200 times since 2001...and until 2009 when they removed the water fountains throughout the park and forced everyone to buy bottled water at $2,50 a bottle, and some other antics. I still prefer Sea World over Busch Gardens. We go to Disney almost every weekend, and there is always something else we can do there. We do avoid certain holidays...but if you know when to go, and time your rides well, you don't even notice the lines.

FWIW - For What It's Worth

At ANY Theme Park you can go to a drink stand and ask for a cup of Ice Water.... it's always free and they always do it with a smile.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Thank you!
Quote:
FWIW - For What It's Worth

Except that there weren't any...I am still trying to figure out WHY they did that in the first place. I hope it changed because my kids loved those shows, and I would really like to go back to Sea World. They also made people buy food for the Dolphin Cove, and made it so that unless you buy that food you can't go close anymore...a very STUPID move on their part.

Quote:
At ANY Theme Park you can go to a drink stand and ask for a cup of Ice Water.... it's always free and they always do it with a smile.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 AM

670 posts, read 1,277,823 times
I agree wholeheartedly with you Florida ! I LOVE BG! I too have visited Disney and they can have it. I cant deal with the crazy crowds. I went to Disney last year and got bumped, pushed and shoved by foreign tourists that didnt seem to see me. I had enough in that 1 visit and dont care to EVER go back to Disney. My 7 year old loved it but my 9 and 13 year olds, who are avid rollercoaster riders found Disney very boring.

Quote:

Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 AM

74 posts, read 120,666 times
I bought platinum passes for myself and my family, (5), for Busch, Sea World, and the two waterparks that are near them.
Therefore, they are the superior parks.
Case closed.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:46 PM

205 posts, read 293,831 times
Gotta say that BG is NOT in the ghetto. Maybe I have a different definition of ghetto, I don't know. In ghettos there is a murder or gang shooting every few days and houses that can barely stand up. You will NOT get shot walking to your car at BG. That being said, the area around it isn't great looking either. But that doesn't matter because you're in a flipping THEME PARK.

I prefer BG over Disney because I love rides and I hate lines. It's also got a better animal showing than Animal Kingdom IMO. The only good ride at Disney in the 10 and over age limit is Space Mountain...and you've gotta wait an hour to get on. The problem with BG is that the atmosphere isn't impressive and the park feels small. It's hard to compete with Disney in that regard. So if you care about that more than rides, Disney is probably the place to go.

The Universal parks are best IMO though, along with Sea World. These do the best job of offering something for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay