Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,411 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've lived in St Pete before, but have been gone for about 15 years. Am returning next spring to look for a house. I'd really like to try the old NE and Kenwood areas, but I'm also seeing several nice looking historic houses that have "S" south avenue or street locations.

I can't remember, are their some safe areas of the city that are south of Central, or is it best to just stay in the north? I'm not interested in Tierra Verde and other multi-million dollar places. In fact, I'd prefer to stay in one of the slightly inland zones that doesn't have to evacuate every time a storm even skirts Pinellas. Maybe the third-tier evacuation zone or higher?

I prefer funky, arty areas over traditional suburban looks.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 01:45 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,221,289 times
I've always liked Gulfport, low and near the water though. Gulfport is definitely artsy and vibrant, and safe. Not all of the Southside is crime ridden, and areas change for the better sometimes. It wasn't that long ago that my friend and I sat on his front porch in Kenwood counting the gunshots. Now, it's a great, desirable area.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:27 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,301,824 times
Gulfport is fairly safe. There are a few iffy areas near the eastern border, though. Generally speaking, I think the closer you get to Pinellas Point, the safer it becomes. Just because a street is south of Central doesn't mean it's bad. After all, a lot of the Pasadena area is south, but that seems like a pretty nice area.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:22 AM

39 posts, read 174,746 times
Default Check out CrimeReports.com

I saw this website on another post. Search CrimeReports.com This is the crime reported in the last 30 days. You can see areas of South St Pete that have had very little to no crime reported. You can adjust the map to see previous months too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: