Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM

22 posts, read 96,458 times

Advertisements

BAsically im moving noone one will answer me can you please tell me how much car insurance is and renters insurance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 01:17 PM

471 posts, read 1,661,518 times
I pay $412 per yr. for renters insurance. I still have my car insurance out of state so can't help you with that.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:29 PM

6 posts, read 23,289 times
We paid twice as much for car insurance in FL as we did in NC. Two adult drivers with perfect 10+yr driving records, 2 cars, we pay about $100/month for basic coverage + a bit extra PIP. Never had renters insurance though.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 AM

58 posts, read 254,864 times
For husband/wife, we pay $464 every six months for 100/300 full coverage on two vehicles. Our rates went up by $15 (every six months) in a move from one side of town to the other. Our renter's insurance (I believe) was a around $450 every six months (could be lower or higher, but I just don't remember).

Obviously this number varies depending upon your age, marital status, address, etc.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 PM

942 posts, read 1,393,058 times
I cannot imagine anyone paying $450 for renters insurance, mine is $96.00 for 12 months with state farm. I think fla has some sort of a mental problem with their insurance rates, and people are foolish to put up with it, and not demand answers or something would be done. Granted my address is in Portland Oregon, but I can't imagine renters insurance changes that much from here to fla, but I see several have rates in the $400's. so I guess it must change that much from here to there. It might have alot of sun there, but when I hear this insurance stuff, and everything else I hear about it. Well it seems like a very overpriced place to set up housekeeping, and I am surprised people have tolerated it.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,576 times
Look, OregonRain- there is a big difference between Oregon and Florida. In Florida there are high crime rates, hurricanes and other disasters that effect insurance rates. Anyone who has half a brain would know this.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,701,083 times
This is how it usually works on the renters insurance (I am an assistant manager for an apartment community).
They base it off of the size of the apt., the security features in the apartment/home, the way the building is built, the roof construction, and the year built.

Also, you should get a break on car insurance if you have renters insurance. Your car insurance is based on what part of Tampa you live in-that's how they determine the cost.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shestrixie547 View Post
BAsically im moving noone one will answer me can you please tell me how much car insurance is and renters insurance

Old 04-21-2009, 09:44 AM

16 posts, read 78,752 times
I plan on moving to Fl. in the next 6 months or so, and I am wondering, can I keep the car insurance that I have out of state, because it is cheaper, or do i have to have ins. in the state I live in??? Sorry if it sounds silly, but I do not know the answer.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiipie49525 View Post
I plan on moving to Fl. in the next 6 months or so, and I am wondering, can I keep the car insurance that I have out of state, because it is cheaper, or do i have to have ins. in the state I live in??? Sorry if it sounds silly, but I do not know the answer.
All your questions should be answered here. You can keep your old tags and insurance for a little while, but if you plan on being a Fl resident, you will eventually have to pay the piper

Florida DHSMV - New Residents

Old 04-21-2009, 02:43 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Call any ins. company and give them your car info...that will be the best way to go from since at least you will know what your specific car will cost...it also depends which county, your age, race (at least one black man told me he had to pay more and he understood it, since black males are more risks for car ins..), male or female...have you had tickets, accidents, etc...

Renters ins. can also be inquired very easy and you probable will get a better answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay