Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,488,756 times

Advertisements

We were just checking the greatschools.com website for palm Harbor schools and most of the(elem) schools there got 9 or 10 out of ten. I was just wondering, are the schools that good or pay no attention to those stats? Also, how are the public schools there as compared to private? (Teacher to child ration etc)?
What subdivisions are best for very friendly neighbors and lots of kids? I looked on Lippy real Estate, but saw the names of neighborhoods, but not a lot of information like I am seeking. thanks to you all for your help, sorry if I am being annoying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 10:33 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,078,006 times
Not annoying.
Palm Harbor is great for schools, also nice area to live, along with Tarpon/East Lake and that area north of countryside/clearwater. Private schools are not always low ratio classes particularly in elementary,but they are generally good, but if you want state, then look at the area you mentioned and also Seminole (which has better price housing and more central) Depends on your budget what neighborhoods you would look at. Because there aregood schools in both, there are lots of children and families who care about education and therefore their children/families.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:37 PM

Thanks for your reply! It is so hard to do this long distance! I appreciate you taking the time. I am just worried about public school becasue I am comparing them to ours here in Louisiana and public is not a choice here!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:48 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,597,654 times
The public schools in Florida have had limits on classroom sizes for a number of years. However, due to the economy now, that may change. You can google/bing and search more, but here's the latest article I found today --> Senate votes to loosen class size limit | Fox10tv.com.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,120,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
The public schools in Florida have had limits on classroom sizes for a number of years. However, due to the economy now, that may change. You can google/bing and search more, but here's the latest article I found today --> Senate votes to loosen class size limit | Fox10tv.com.

Wow, interesting stuff. Those newly proposed class size maximums are still much smaller than a lot of other place. 30+ in each class is the norm around here for 3rd grade and up.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:54 PM

interesting. That is not too bad-here the class limit is 24 students for 1st grade. That is for private. The thing is, they also have only one assistant for 6 1st grade classes! That is dumb and for the amount of money we pay....

Anyway, I was trying to remeber a really nice neighborhood on the non beach side of the main drag. It was pretty large and the homes were nice-it was not gated, but the people we saw wre nice and waved to us. it seemed like a newer neighborhood and like I said, pretty darn big-any ideas???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: