Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:48 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,125,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaGuy32 View Post
Just don't live in "New Tampa" and it's not too bad..
Thanks for the advice. I am looking all over the dang place, its really getting to be much more difficult than I can imagine. Pretty much have narrowed it down to Riverview (just cause you get more for your money and the schools are good, but out there a ways ), Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Seminole, Oldsmar, Carrollwood, Temple Terrace and Town 'N Country (very close to my work, but I understand I have to be careful where I pick). I keep hearing Wesley Chapel, but isn't that quite a ways out there? Especially if I need to commute to Rocky Point? At least Riverview has the Crosstown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 04:12 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
Thanks for the advice. I am looking all over the dang place, its really getting to be much more difficult than I can imagine. Pretty much have narrowed it down to Riverview (just cause you get more for your money and the schools are good, but out there a ways ), Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Seminole, Oldsmar, Carrollwood, Temple Terrace and Town 'N Country (very close to my work, but I understand I have to be careful where I pick). I keep hearing Wesley Chapel, but isn't that quite a ways out there? Especially if I need to commute to Rocky Point? At least Riverview has the Crosstown.
Buy ya a house in Danashores and you will be 2 miles from Rocky point.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Buy ya a house in Danashores and you will be 2 miles from Rocky point.
Saw that neighborhood. Seems a little too spendy for my blood. Plus, looking to rent a home first. Thanks though!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 PM

27 posts, read 156,459 times
Quote:
Sounds like you have a pretty good scope on things. Yeah, wesley chapel is a serious commute. Dunedin is really cute, my wife and I would have considered it if I didnt work in downtown tampa. Pinellas vs hillsborough is a pretty big difference because of the beach lifestyle being more evident in pinellas even tho it's not far away from hillsborough. We are loving carrollwood, of course I've probably mentioned that before around here. Temple terrace I like personally because it is cozy and I like the older neighborhoods with the big oak trees. I think it's like illegal to cut down a big oak in Temple Terrace! Also you are close to the river. Only thing is that it's not very central to tampa at all, which I prefer because you never know where you'll end up working. Of course if you don't mind an hour commute, being in TT near to I-75 gives you the option of working in sarasota. I suppose riverview would give you that as well. If you don't mind living out to the east i.e. riverview, you might check out bloomingdale/valrico. I'm a little iffy on where the "areas" start and stop out that way as far as names, but a lot of middle aged folks live out that way and it seems nice.

There are actually a couple of homes on my street (in carrollwood) either for sale or going to be within the next month, asking in the 200's. If you're interested in more info on those, hit me with a PM (i'm not an agent or anything).

Wish you the best of luck, and assuming you are from alaska, you can put 90% of your wardrobe in a box! One word: Sandals.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:02 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
I don't think it's that bad....no.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:07 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,843 times
I agree that public transportation here might as well be non-existant, but if you want to see a horrible commute, try commuting in the DC metro area.

There is NO WAY tampa is worse then LA, DC, or ATL.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:18 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,843 times
Quote:
Dont think the crosstown will easily get you to Rocky Point. I live over by rocky point and I hate having to go out to brandon or riverview. i hae friends out that way and hardly see them now. If you take the crosstown as far west as it will go, it will dump you on dale mabry and you have to head north- which is a NIGHTMARE in the afternoon, then head west on boy scout/columbus, which is hit or miss. You could also take the crosstown to 41 (i think) to 275 to dale mabry or lois, which is probably a worse idea.

You are looking at a 45 minute commute in rush hour going from riverview to rocky point. I would look at the westchase area or anything off of veterans parkway. if you are gonna pay $150 a month in tolls, might as well be on the veterans- and it might as well save you some time. The crosstown is virtually useless for people living in north westshore/rocky point area. they really need to continue the crosstown by having it fork off and continue along 60 when it starts heading southwest and have it run into veterans- 60/kennedy is really not a viable option during rush hour.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:13 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Dont think the crosstown will easily get you to Rocky Point. I live over by rocky point and I hate having to go out to brandon or riverview. i hae friends out that way and hardly see them now. If you take the crosstown as far west as it will go, it will dump you on dale mabry and you have to head north- which is a NIGHTMARE in the afternoon, then head west on boy scout/columbus, which is hit or miss. You could also take the crosstown to 41 (i think) to 275 to dale mabry or lois, which is probably a worse idea.

You are looking at a 45 minute commute in rush hour going from riverview to rocky point. I would look at the westchase area or anything off of veterans parkway. if you are gonna pay $150 a month in tolls, might as well be on the veterans- and it might as well save you some time. The crosstown is virtually useless for people living in north westshore/rocky point area. they really need to continue the crosstown by having it fork off and continue along 60 when it starts heading southwest and have it run into veterans- 60/kennedy is really not a viable option during rush hour.
Great advice ^^^^ - I agree with all this.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Check out Safety Harbor, Country Way or Citrus Park. Safety Harbor is a quaint little town and there are some nice subdivisions. You can get to Rocky Point using Courtney Campbell. Citrus Park is next to Westchase but not as expensive. Country way is an older subdivision but very nice just on the outskirts of TnC

Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like my office in Rocky Point is just in a very inconvenient area that either has hit or miss neighborhoods around it or expensive nice neighborhoods. lol And the search for a rental house continues! Oh, I assume a home in New Tampa would just be asking for a headache?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay