Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 PM

7 posts, read 18,880 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are most likely moving to the Tampa area and spent last weekend looking at beach properties to rent. Unfortunately, we didn't spend much time in the St Pete Beach area, other than going down to Pass-A-Grille for breakfast. We drove from Pass-A-Grille all the way to Clearwater Beach on Gulf Blvd to feel out different parts of the beach. We really liked Redington Beach because it seems to have the right feel for us (quiet beach town, restaurants nearby, newer feeling condos/townhomes, not too many tourists- it felt like it was mostly permanent residents). One of my concerns with Redington is the age of the residents: we are 30 years old and don't want to be the youngest people around struggling to make friends. I'm also a little worried about her commute to work (most likely near HSN on Roosevelt in St Pete)- Park Blvd has a ton of traffic lights and I'm guessing she would be fighting traffic both ways. I estimate her commute to be about 35-40 minutes.

We are willing to pay up to $2500/month to be on the beach or at the most 1 block from the beach and prefer a 3/2 place. I'm curious to hear thoughts on the comparisons of St Pete Beach to Redington Beach on things such as:

- Traffic to and from where she will be working
- Demographics of each area
- Restaurant selection (both beach dives and nicer places for dinner)
- Parks, dog parks, dog beaches, etc.
- Concentration of tourists
- Value for your money when renting

Thanks for the feedback and help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,301,319 times
This is an interesting situation, really. They're both nice cities, though I prefer St. Pete Beach because it seems a bit more well-rounded, plus Pass-a-Grille can't be beat. I also love going to the Beach Theater on The Big Lebowski nights. You're right about Park Boulevard being choked with lights. While St. Pete Beach may be farther, it is also close to 275 due to the Pinellas Bayway. With that in mind, the commuting times might be very close. I don't know how congested 275 gets between the Skyway/Bayway and Downtown St. Pete.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:14 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,186,004 times
How about Terra Verde? It is a unique area IMO. You are close to the beach and there are trails where you can walk, jog or ride a bike.

I like Redington Beach, it is my favorite place to stay. I think there are more seniors and tourist than young professionals.

The biggest issue is going to be commute times especially if either of you work in Tampa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay