Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:18 PM

119 posts, read 384,910 times

Advertisements

I only saw fake Elvis at the petting zoo. haha We missed his show. But he was a nice guy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 03:26 PM

59 posts, read 285,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsdove View Post
....and the no income tax is great!
Please don't help spread this bit of misinformation. Tennessee does have a personal income tax. It just doesn't include earned income (wages), but it sure does cover a lot of investment income in the form of dividends and interest, with certain exceptions. I, for one, have had the "privilege" of paying said income tax to Tennessee, and it upsets me a wee bit when people tell me there is no such thing.

See: Individual Income Tax (http://tennessee.gov/revenue/tntaxes/indinc.htm - broken link)

Old 07-04-2007, 09:59 PM

119 posts, read 384,910 times
Well, I was talking about wages....which you even admit is correct. So sorry about whatever else you've been told about other things. I'm talking wage income tax....

Old 07-25-2007, 10:07 AM

48 posts, read 139,242 times
Godsdove,

Please PM me with more details on Oak Ridge, I love what you and LauraC have said so far, exactly what part of oak ridge are you, tell me more about the neighbourhood, stores, schools etc. My kids will need High School in 2 yrs time, also are you planning to attend the Forum get-together? Thanks

Old 07-25-2007, 03:10 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,360,151 times
Oak Ridge has plans to store all of the country's enriched uranium. They are building the facility now.

Last week, a 67-year-old subcontractor was arrested for trying to sell nuclear secrets to France. He was actually selling them to the FBI.

The background on Oak Ridge, for those of you that missed that day in school:

Oak Ridge was a secret town created by the federal government during World War II. It did not appear on any map and wasn't even named until about 1949.

Oak Ridge separated and produced uranium and plutonium for use in developing a nuclear weapon. Most of the people that lived and worked there did not know exactly what they were doing. They did not know the danger that was involved. Their work was instrumental in dropping one of the bombs in Japan, and ending the war.

You might want to go ahead and google Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,081,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oak Ridge has plans to store all of the country's enriched uranium. They are building the facility now.

Last week, a 67-year-old subcontractor was arrested for trying to sell nuclear secrets to France. He was actually selling them to the FBI.

You might want to go ahead and google Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
The man (who does not live in Oak Ridge) trying to sell stuff (pieces of classified equipment) to France (and later the the FBI sting) never worked at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. The contractor worked at the former K-25 plant, which is now the East Tennessee Technology Park. Some of the TV news shows got it wrong and never bothered to correct their stories. I know, I saw one of them where the TV reporter stood in front of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory sign to do her story. K-25 was cleaned up and is now open for business/to attract business in this area. So, for info on that sting story google "K-25" or "East Tennessee Technology Park."

The new building is also not at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory so googling ORNL won't give info on it. That would be Y-12, the National Security Complex.

All 3 are on the OR reservation, though.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:35 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,360,151 times
Want to know what I want to know? What ever posessed this guy to pick France?

Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 7,012 times
Default Trying to get info on an economical place to relocate in TN

I have had one heck of a time figuring out how
to post in here. If I am intruding on someone's
post, please excuse a senior citizen that doesn't
have much knowledge on the internet.

I have been looking for a place in eastern TN
that is under $100,000 and so far, no luck.

If anyone has one for sale, please e-mail us at
ksd57@lbbhost.com. Sure would appreciate hearing
from someone in that area. Also, is it cooler
there than in central Fl.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,081,126 times
Quote:
Want to know what I want to know? What ever posessed this guy to pick France?
<snort> I was thinking the same thing myself. Maybe France was the only phone number in the phonebook.

Treason Guy: Operator, can you connect me to Iran.
Directory Assistance: I'm sorry sir, I have no listing for Iran but I do have one for France.
Treason Guy: Well, if that's all you got. Hey, I won't have to speak French, will I?
Directory Assistance: No sir, the F. B., er France, will ask you to Press One for English.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:25 AM

16 posts, read 38,275 times
Quote:
Godsdove, my coworker is a graphic designer. He works with me NOT doing that and making $10 an hour. He's a life-long resident. Born in Clinton.

inave, I got to the festival too late. We got there about 12:30. LauraC told me where she was sitting, and I was sooooo close. She was sitting in a chair and i don't think I looked for anyone sitting down.

Lauren and I were at the petting zoo after the reenactment. We probably passed right by each other!
$10hr holy smokes....that scares me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee