Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:56 PM

11 posts, read 67,225 times

Advertisements

California Leavin' - I have to agree with everything and I mean EVERYTHING you have said about California. I, too, have recently moved here from Southern California and I, too, hated it there. I enjoyed the match between you and Akm4 but I have to say, you are right. We are all entitled to our opinion and yes, you can hate an entire state based on your own experiences. Good Old Arnold sealed the deal for me. When he came into office, I knew things would get bad and they did. And I also agree with what you said about the only nice areas in California are for the wealthy. There are definitely beautiful, safe, friendly neighborhoods to be found - at the cost of about a million dollars. The middle class neighborhoods leave much to be desired. Just wanted to add my two cents for whatever they are worth. There wouldn't be such a huge migration of Californians to the south if it was a great state. I took a huge pay cut in moving to Tennessee but it was worth it to get out of that state. I am new to this forum and enjoying what everyone has to say. This title caught my eye, being from California myself and I have enjoyed your responses. Thanks!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,878 times
Another unhappy Californian soon to be moving to Tennessee. Enjoying all of the interesting threads from you folks. Love the competitive nature of this thread. Touchy subject?? Just wondering if Tennesseans aren't getting sick of hearing about all of the Floridians and Californians moving to their beautiful state. It must be worrying you all!!

Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,715 times
i hear banjos muhahahahahahah!!!!!!! comin from out yonder

Old 09-20-2006, 08:26 PM

3 posts, read 8,444 times
I think I missed something- at the top of this page there's a post from CA Leavin endorsing all of CA Leavin's remarks. Huh? Are you agreeing with yourself, or did someone steal your screen name? Don;t attack me too, just askin. (That's a joke!)

Old 09-20-2006, 09:17 PM

5 posts, read 12,816 times
Howdy,
I'm from Texas and I've got a penpal from Tennessee and she's the sweetest! I've always loved people from Tennessee! But remember, don't try to hard or not enough to fit in. You've got to find the golden middle. They'll look at you and know your not from TN, but in your normal they'll come around. Trust me, there are lots of Cali here in the Dallas area. But like I said, find the golden middle. And don't meddle the way they talk or do things either! Nobody likes that! Good luck. ;p

Old 09-20-2006, 09:22 PM

5 posts, read 12,816 times
Talking One more thing!

it's y'all; not you guys

Old 09-22-2006, 03:25 AM

11 posts, read 67,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builderman View Post
I think I missed something- at the top of this page there's a post from CA Leavin endorsing all of CA Leavin's remarks. Huh? Are you agreeing with yourself, or did someone steal your screen name? Don;t attack me too, just askin. (That's a joke!)
This is California Leavin' and I must explain the post you are speaking about. I was at work, showing my co-workers this forum and there is a guy from California who was annoyed with the dialogue I was receiving from akm4 so he decides he is going to respond. He doesn't inform me of this and instead writes his post and sends it under my screen name. I then go to this forum days later and there is a post about me - from me and I was so confused. I thought someone had taken my name. I don't know why but now I am unable to log in under California Leavin'. I says I have been restricted due to an infraction. I had to change my screen name. I was complaining about it at work and the co-worker revealed what he had done. So no more California Leavin'. I now will go by Cal Gal. I was really, really hoping no one would notice. I guess whoever runs this forum noticed and maybe they will ban Cal Gal cuz they didn't like the little match going on between me and akm4. I personally thought it was fun and our little thread got a lot of attention. Well, that is the story and I will leave this thread for good!!!

Old 09-22-2006, 04:10 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,270,215 times
There will be California Leaving, only restricted for some time. Multiple screen names are a violation of the forum rules. They are established by IP address comparison. Once the infriction expires, you will be free to post again.

Now, back to the original topic, please?

Old 09-22-2006, 03:52 PM

111 posts, read 598,795 times
I'm from middle tn and moved to Tampa 10 years ago basically to #1 escape the cold weather, and #2 leave the southern baptist way of life. I was tired of people talking nice to you and then bad mouthing you behind your back. I had a friend who is from the south as well and he put it very eloquently..(we are nurses and work with women)."when someone comes to me to ask me if I like so and so, I play dumb and don't get involved." I have never had this happen here in Tampa, so now that we're looking at moving back home, this worries me the most. Folks here in Tampa are more tolerant of others and the south isn't no where near this liberal.
I want to live in a liberal community that votes conservatively!

Old 09-22-2006, 05:07 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,566 times
Default Playwry527

Quote:
Originally Posted by plawry527 View Post
I'm planning on moving to Franklin from central California because I have family there. Well, and because California isn't exactly receptive to us narrow-minded, judgmental, intolerant members of the vast Christian right wing conspiracy that's ruining the country. I figure I might as well spend my Golden Years with my own kind. I know other states don't like us because we sell our houses at an enormous profit and then move to their state and pay cash and jack up the prices beyond the locals' ability and that makes them hate us all. ** gasp for air** So if I show up with only my dog and my final paycheck, will I be welcome? (I promise not to say 'like' more than once an hour)
I am a native Californian by way of five years in Las Vegas when I moved here to Missouri last June. I sold my home for an "enormous" profit and paid cash for a fantastic custom home on acreage here. I don't give a hoot what others may think about that! That's life and tough totems to anyone who's upset about our stroke of luck. However, that said, I've not encountered one person who disliked me instantly because I moved here after selling out in Las Vegas. If anything, they admire the courage to lift up roots, quit one's job, and make the plunge and totally understand why people want to live here. Don't worry about it, just do what's right for you if that is truly the area calling you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee