Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:24 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times

Advertisements

Nice post, Jhubtin. I would give you a rep point . . . but the blasted thing won't let me. I must have given you one sometime earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 05:07 PM

132 posts, read 590,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Nice post, Jhubtin. I would give you a rep point . . . but the blasted thing won't let me. I must have given you one sometime earlier.
I don't know what a Rep point is... but I know I want one.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:09 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubtin View Post
I don't know what a Rep point is... but I know I want one.
Well, you've got 39 of 'em at the moment (the first ten are "free"). Just click "My Settings" in the toolbar above.

When you collect enough of them you can trade them in for free stuff like nose hair trimmers, and free Titans tickets, and pen and pencil sets. Or, at least that's what I've heard . . . I could be wrong. ;-)

Old 10-18-2007, 05:35 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Smile You deserve many Rep pts., Jhubtin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubtin View Post
I love this site. I think I've logged hours here during the last couple of years. I have searched by the County we are in (Overton) and have found many cool sites nearby that otherwise never would have know about or found.
Tennessee Landforms

TNHilltopper, you may know of some of these sights nearby you.
This is a great website Jhubtin. And, you got your rep point. I won't be able to pass you any for a while now, so don't post anymore great info. Just kiddin'. Keep it coming, please.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:08 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Arrow Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
That is great to know, Tinman. I have been using Google Earth a lot myself lately and the rural resolution has been bugging me, also, like TnHilltopper. I will go the new route so I can actually tell a tree from a car! Thanks.
If you go too Google Earth >> search Bean Station,Tn and follow 11w south west and when you come too the Google Community Icon at the intersection of 92 & 11w you will see the first story about Hank Senior and the famous ride. The second icon about Hank SR. Famous ride is at 11w and intersection of 61.......

Old 10-20-2007, 10:33 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
Thanks, TnHilltopper, these will make for some great weekend hikes - if we have any stamina left after the drive up to some of these sites.
Here is a great link to a site called TerraServer that has some great areal photographs if you have either address information, GPS, or LAT and LONG. You can just get an overall of a general area to give you an idea and match up with topo maps. You can never have too much information before hiking into the backwoods.

Happy hiking

TerraServer - The Leader In Online Imagery - Aerial Photos & Satellite Images

PS. I could see my car in my driveway but could not quite make out the model. So the imaging is pretty good and also looks to be quite recent.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,249 times
Hi All!! I am the new owner of the property with the Cravenstown Arch on it. I will be there in a couple of weeks to take pictures, but if anyone has any of the arch I would appreciate it if you would post them.
Dock

Old 08-25-2011, 01:23 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Also in that TN Land Forms.. You can download the Lat /Long into your personnel GPS unit for hiking & vehicle destination into your dash GPS..

Old 08-25-2011, 09:40 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
Wow, glad someone bumped this. What a great resource!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee