Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:17 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,218,216 times

Advertisements

By the way, if someone wonders why he didn't run for the Senate again (he would have almostly definitely won), a big part of the reason was because his daughter died a few months before the election was to begin. He decided to spend more time with his family. I don't believe that's just a PR spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 02:22 PM

2,106 posts, read 5,789,308 times
I like Fred Thompson, but from what I've read about him and his policies, he'd pretty much be another George W. No thanks.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:23 PM

390 posts, read 1,702,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I know he hates Michael Moore!
That was so funny! I loved his response to Moore!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:28 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
Which doctor would that be; Frist?

Hard to consider him fair when he deliberately delayed announcing his candidacy so he could continue to maximize his airtime w/o worrying about equal time.

As a state senator, you'd think he'd have done more for TN, but his record is lackluster at best. Show me the money, Fred.

He calls himself a Washington outsider yet his history in that town goes back to his days as Watergate counselor. He was also a lobbyist for Westinghouse, GE and the TN Savings and Loan League. Sounds like an insider to me.

All this said, he's not in great health. (Lymphoma and a cigar habit.) I don't bring this up to be unkind, just realistic. We need our leaders' focus to be on our country. We have plenty of work to do!

If that's not enough, he was in Curly Sue! LOL!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:32 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
I was a fan of Michael Moore back in the day.

That was twenty years ago, though, when he went after General Motors in "Roger & Me."

The boy took a turn south since then, literally, all the way to Cuba.

Love Fred smoking the cigar.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
I like Fred Thompson, but from what I've read about him and his policies, he'd pretty much be another George W. No thanks.
I don't think so, he's a very bright and talented guy. He is conversative, of course, but his management style would be completely different (less cowboy, more trial lawyer). Just an opinion.

By the way, I'm not pushing for Thompson; I have no idea who I would vote for by next year.

It would be sort of funny to have Thompson and Gore run . . . they live close enough that they could just about throw rocks at each other (if Thompson still lives where he used to). Maybe they could decide the election by having a hamburger cookoff in their backyards . . . oh, wait, that would add to global warming, never mind. ;-)

Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
As a state senator, you'd think he'd have done more for TN, but his record is lackluster at best.
One slight correction. Thompson was never a state senator, he was a US senator. I assume you actually meant "As a senator for the state . . .". I'm not trying to pick on someone about typos; Lord knows I make enough of them.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:37 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
You're right, of course, my mistake. Thanks. I did know that, really!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:44 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
That's what I love about the Tennessee forum. We can have different political persuasions and still get along.

I hope they don't put this thread in the political forum and throw us to the wolves.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:38 PM

764 posts, read 1,457,312 times
Default Who was that guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That's what I love about the Tennessee forum. We can have different political persuasions and still get along.

I hope they don't put this thread in the political forum and throw us to the wolves.
From what I've seen since I've been involved in the P&OC forum, the threads just die off after they get moved from here to there. I saw one the other day that got transferred over that I sure wish I'd seen while it was here in this thread! Of all times to not be paying attention! I would have loved to have had a chance to respond to that person--with all due respect of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee