Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM

899 posts, read 2,291,495 times

Advertisements

So what's all this talk about about Texas not having In-N-Out Burger??? I knew about the cult following that In-N-Out had in Cali and figured I'd never get to try it. Then when I moved to Dallas from South Carolina a month and a half ago - much to my surprise - I pass like three different In-N-Out Burgers...and I didn't even have to go to the Left Coast to try one

Ok I know they have only been here a year or so and only in DFW - but it's been neat to try them as well as Whataburger - both of which I always heard of but never had been to before Texas. The fast food cult following where I moved from was all about Chick-fil-A - and it's great that they are here in Texas too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 07:36 PM

308 posts, read 639,174 times
I'll take a #7, double meat, no lettuce or tomatoes, ANY and EVERY day over an In-N-Out burger.

Oh, and I have to throw this in, "if you don't like it, then get out!"

Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,709,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwood View Post
I'll take a #7, double meat, no lettuce or tomatoes, ANY and EVERY day over an In-N-Out burger.

Oh, and I have to throw this in, "if you don't like it, then get out!"
Thank you. All I wanted was a little recognition.
[on the record] I don't eat at either....McD's is usually closer and I walk, so if it's fast food, proximity wins!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM

11,872 posts, read 26,935,646 times
I've tried In-N-Out many times, and it's just ok. Nothing special.
Whataburger is a darn good burger, and their spicy ketchup is yummy.
But for my real favorite burger, it's probably Smashburger or Twisted Root, with Mooya or Kincaids a close second.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM

231 posts, read 814,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtall View Post
I grew up in CA, having an In-N-Out burger under the palm trees. I was spoiled having the best burger known to man at my fingertips.

Now I live in TX, and I was told that nothing compares to Whataburger.

HA! Whatajoke! The burgers I had there were pathetic compared to In-N-Out. The taste does not even compare. In-N-Out serves burgers, I must sadly admit that what Whataburger sells does not deserve to be called a burger.

You Texans have not truly lived until you have had an In-N-Out burger!

I am thankful that there is finally something redeeming about TX, and that is that you now have an In-N-Out burger!!!
I am from california (born and raised) and you are saying some silly stuff there dude, texans have been eating whataburger for decades, its part of the culture here in TX

Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM

102 posts, read 514,023 times
Default In-N-Out is a Christian owned company!

I have always heard that everyone in TX is a Christian.To all you Christians out there in TX, you should know that In-N-Out is a Christian company.

They stand strongly behind this point that is why they have scripture verses on the bottom of all of their cups.

So, if you want to support a Christian owned company, In-N-Out is a great one! That is just one of the many perks, besides the fact that it is the best burger ever!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,028,922 times
Quote:
I have always heard that everyone in TX is a Christian.To all you Christians out there in TX, you should know that In-N-Out is a Christian company.

They stand strongly behind this point that is why they have scripture verses on the bottom of all of their cups.

So, if you want to support a Christian owned company, In-N-Out is a great one! That is just one of the many perks, besides the fact that it is the best burger ever!
Yes, even though it is ironic In N Out is one of the few Christian owned companies left in such an anti-Christian state it doesn't come as any surprise to me & here is the reason why...In N Out was a staple in California way before the wack jobs infiltrated the place. California was once a conservative state as surprising as that may seem to some people nowadays.

Oh & for the record, Whataburger is also a Christian owned company & it prides itself on that. In fact it is the one other thing they are known for besides their better than average fast food burgers & Texas roots.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 PM

933 posts, read 1,535,669 times
Quote:

Who cares about the religious backing of a company/restaurant? If it's good food, then I'll eat there.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,028,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
Who cares about the religious backing of a company/restaurant? If it's good food, then I'll eat there.
Yeah really.

Its like saying Christians shouldn't eat Chinese food even though its good because most Chinese are Buddhist & they give you a Chinese calender as your placemat & fortune cookie at the end of your meal.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 PM

102 posts, read 514,023 times
I was told that everyone in TX is a Christian, so I thought that this would be a good little piece of info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas