Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 01:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Cant you already do this around bUffalo Bayou?....what are they changing?...all I see is a cartoon rendering of stuff thats really already there. But I know nothing about this project so please educate me on this.
Surely. This project really consists of two ideals: recreation and ecology. In the recreational aspect, this project is expanding the hike and bike trails that are either nonexistent or crumbling, adding more bridges for access to this park, adding more open park space (dog park, large lawns, amphitheaters, volleyball etc.) and improving the canoeing/kayaking access.

In the ecological aspect, this project is clearing away invasive species that have taken over, dredging banks in order to prevent erosion, planting more native trees and species, and generally restoring the bayou to its more natural state. Not to mention these improvements have a dual purpose of flood control and water quality.

Quote:
Why do people insist that the city of Dallas paid the whole amount of that bridge. THERE WILL BE LAKES.Now that the levees are deemed ok you'll start to see some of those things that people swear were not getting. the standing wave is already built...the white water course is also still a go. They will build it whe they dig the lakes which should be the next big thing we see as i mentioned earlier.

Dallas Standing Wave 2011 - YouTube
I guess my point was that Dallas (both govt and private groups) are spending a lot of money on "flash". The money used on the bridge alone could have created a wonderful greenbelt that could have been incrementally added on. If I was a Dallas resident I wouldn't be happy about this but I'm not so enjoy your park.

And to the OP, what Dallas is doing is unique and will be awesome without question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 10:35 PM

725 posts, read 1,241,440 times
City-data has to be the Houston vs. Dallas capital of the Internet.

To me the TRP is flashier and more ambitious and the BBP is a more realistic and understated, but will still be a very high quality.

Very typical for these cities imo. Both of them will be a win. Dallas should NOT build the toll road though - that could almost ruin the entire thing.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:45 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,392 times
again its not a vs which is why I banned bashing , its just a which would you prefer, perfering just means that does not automaticly mean you dislike the other

Old 06-25-2012, 01:53 PM

725 posts, read 1,241,440 times
To me vs doesn't equal necessarily bashing, it just means competition.

And its far from a bad thing that this is the Hou vs. Dal capital. Makes the boards interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas