Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:15 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,456,974 times

Advertisements

Pt . 1- Trinity River Balanced Vision Plan - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 08:58 PM

410 posts, read 342,444 times
Dallas, of course.

I don't like super-humid swamp destinations like Houston, New Orleans, any of those gulf coast "bayou" cities... Shrimp, crawdads and all of that crap.

Give me a continental climate over swamp and uber high humidity anytime.

Just don't like the non climate cities at all.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:19 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,954,100 times

Trinity Bridge Project - YouTube

Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Yes!!!...I was looking for something like this to post.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:48 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,022 times
I'm trying to get excited about the Buffalo Bayou masterplan, but it just doesn't strike me as a collosial development as much as the TRP. It probably has to do with the fact that it doesn't have any iconic landmarks like the C-Bridges which in turn screams underwhelming and a tad bit plain (Translation: boring)

Sorry, but i have to go with Dallas's Trinity River Project on this one.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Old 06-19-2012, 06:12 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,392 times
While I can respect the trp , My personal feel is the whole super park thing is a bit been there done that and feels to much like a offshoot of Central park . I prefer the many parks conneted via the bayou , that the bayou plan and the austin plan seems to present

As for the iconic C bridges not really a fan feels like trying to hard, really think they should have gone for a more simple elegant design, but I know people who like them so I think they will become the kinda thing people Ither love or hate with little inbetween

Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
While I can respect the trp , My personal feel is the whole super park thing is a bit been there done that and feels to much like a offshoot of Central park . I prefer the many parks conneted via the bayou , that the bayou plan and the austin plan seems to present

As for the iconic C bridges not really a fan feels like trying to hard, really think they should have gone for a more simple elegant design, but I know people who like them so I think they will become the kinda thing people Ither love or hate with little inbetween
How did u come up with this conclusion? The TRP winds throughout the whole city and region for the matter; Central park is more of a box or bubble in the CENTER of the city. The amenities are fairly different also. Central park has a zoo included, TRP has a toll road and a forrest.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
How did u come up with this conclusion? The TRP winds throughout the whole city and region for the matter; Central park is more of a box or bubble in the CENTER of the city. The amenities are fairly different also. Central park has a zoo included, TRP has a toll road and a forrest.
ahh then my mistake I took it as being a centalized loaction not the river itself I know that spreads out but the park plans, yes shame about that toll road thing, I perfer to be able to forget I in a city when I go to parks, did,nt see the point of doing that if your going to put traffic next to it

Old 06-19-2012, 12:25 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
Dallas, of course.

I don't like super-humid swamp destinations like Houston, New Orleans, any of those gulf coast "bayou" cities... Shrimp, crawdads and all of that crap.

Give me a continental climate over swamp and uber high humidity anytime.

Just don't like the non climate cities at all.
Since many call Dallas a "bigger Oklahoma City", I could see why you'd have that preference....

Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,378,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Since many call Dallas a "bigger Oklahoma City", I could see why you'd have that preference....
Dallas and Oklahoma City have little in common, so those "many" you've mentioned, are ignorant.

Actually, Austin has more in common with OKC. Except, OKC has major league sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas