Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 06:01 PM

512 posts, read 862,177 times

Advertisements

TexasReb, that was a very decent way to reply.

While I sympathize with your situation, CalGal, I too feel that maybe your critical undertone is so strong you're turning people away from your sincerity. Of course you want to get back to where you're happy, but in order to remain happy until you can do so, know that there are really great people in Texas and that you can determine how happy you are every day. I have been unhappy here at times as well, and I certainly have a reason to hate my experience in Texas, but I don't because I know that Texas is a great place filled with great people. Sure there are people and things about it that are less than great, but that'll be everywhere you go, including home. If you go on to Missouri, or ever back home to California and expect things to be as wonderful as you remember them to be in your younger youth, you will be let down, I'm afraid. It's human to think about the past as rosy and think you'll be able to get back to that, but most times it's the grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side syndrome. I'm totally aware (and have told hubby) that once we get settled in back home there will be days that I'll wonder why we were so stupid to move back home. But I'll be happy because life is what you make of it. Try every morning to think positive things about Texas and I bet you'll leave with more fondness than you have right now.

Along with TexasReb, I do truly hope you are able to get back to California some day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 08:19 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoT View Post
TexasReb, that was a very decent way to reply.
Thanks Cleo! I sincerely appreciate that.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:55 AM

303 posts, read 846,512 times
Thanks, Cleo. I am telling myself that California is not the same state I left 14 years ago and I try not to be too optimistic. I am well aware of the cons of living there. I do hope I can take a few more trips there sometime (which is hard with the way gas prices are right now) and try to get a feel for daily life there.

And I'm sorry about being so negative here. Times are just tough for me right now.

Last edited by CalGal953; 06-14-2008 at 03:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas