Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2023, 10:49 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,818,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
....Moving that Goal post again......As big as the Houston Area is as a whole...would make ME not even mention this...It Makes Houston's situation even worse!!!!

Having this BABY train system in the MIDDLE of a GIGANTIC 7 million-person Metro......with only BUSES to serve the rest is already bad enough...And then..Just to disagree with everything said about Dallas you think revealing that even THE BUSES come up short with serving THE REST of the 7 million would be a PLUS for Houston's system!!........How is THIS not delusional but everything I say is?!!!

Not sure what is so hard to understand babyboi? You claimed Metro services the whole metro and I corrected you and said that you are incorrect and it only/mainly services Harris County.
The other counties that wanted PT, built their own.

Houston metro is city transit, it is not metrowide transit. How is that different from Fort Worth having its own system? Only difference is DART services multiple counties. As is Yall's habit, yall haul in a whole region to be able to compete with the City of Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 12:17 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,459,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
I REALLY don't see the ridership numbers to justify the cost of a subway system anywhere in Texas right now.

This screams VANITY PROJECT!!!
It would have been a lot of buildings knocked down for them to put it at street level. And there's NO WAY someone would be able to deny us NEEDING another separate line through Downtown...........Just no way.

This SCREAMS ENVY!!!!!!......

Old 06-07-2023, 06:22 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,797,853 times
Quote:
It would have been a lot of buildings knocked down for them to put it at street level. And there's NO WAY someone would be able to deny us NEEDING another separate line through Downtown...........Just no way.

This SCREAMS ENVY!!!!!!......
I live in Dallas.

This is a VANITY PROJECT. Pure and Simple.

Old 06-07-2023, 08:38 AM

3,172 posts, read 2,060,740 times
Quote:
....Moving that Goal post again......As big as the Houston Area is as a whole...would make ME not even mention this...It Makes Houston's situation even worse!!!!

Having this BABY train system in the MIDDLE of a GIGANTIC 7 million-person Metro......with only BUSES to serve the rest is already bad enough...And then..Just to disagree with everything said about Dallas you think revealing that even THE BUSES come up short with serving THE REST of the 7 million would be a PLUS for Houston's system!!........How is THIS not delusional but everything I say is?!!!

Real question here. Do you use DART rail?

If so, where do you ride it to/from and why is it a better option for you than a car or Uber?

If not, why not?

Old 06-07-2023, 10:08 AM

869 posts, read 320,439 times
Quote:
Not sure what is so hard to understand babyboi? You claimed Metro services the whole metro and I corrected you and said that you are incorrect and it only/mainly services Harris County.

Houston metro is city transit, it is not metrowide transit. How is that different from Fort Worth having its own system? Only difference is DART services multiple counties. As is Yall's habit, yall haul in a whole region to be able to compete with the City of Houston

Spot on with all of this, ESPECIALLY the bolded!

Old 06-07-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Real question here. Do you use DART rail?

If so, where do you ride it to/from and why is it a better option for you than a car or Uber?

If not, why not?
No...The real question is...When are yall gonna wake up and smell the Humidity???

Just because a person never mentions the humidity doesn't mean its a lie.

Houstonians have a problem with acknowledging the obvious....I guess they feel like if they don't talk about it...it doesn't exist.

Dallas is supposed to lose every comparison to Houston....No matter what?

Even if its too evident that Dallas won...Yall group together to figure out a way to discredit the win.

Mr.Clutch...You would understand Dallas more if you came up here OPENLY without the HOUSTON HATES DALLAS Back-Pack on......Just leave it at the Hotel.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I live in Dallas.

This is a VANITY PROJECT. Pure and Simple.
You living in Dallas means nothing....My neighbor lives here too....just got here last week...knows NOTHING about Dallas.

So since YOU LIVE HERE......explain to the class how this is a vanity project....or Just say you can't believe Dallas is getting ANOTHER subway before any other city in Texas.

The City-Place subway was the Vanity project if "I" had to name one. It could have easily been street level........Nobody said anything about that one.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:55 AM

Quote:

I was Hoping it did.....That would be the only way to save face.

..No....not Babyboi..its dallasboi

Try it with me.....d..a..l..l..a....what?!!!!.....It' s hard for you to write it???!!!

Old 06-07-2023, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Ok .....actually the bolded section in my previous post CAN be explained.

Houston put itself in this situation in the late '70s early '80s. Dallas being the proactive city it is...and was back then decided that Dallas in the FUTURE would need a public train system....because all of the major big cities grew into needing one....Houston on the other hand said oh Dallas is crazy for even thinking this makes sense. We are a bigger city and we don't think we need to spend the money on something we don't need...Dallas is Crazy.

Time Passes(elevator music)

Dallas was crazy enough to push until the door opened...1996 opened the first line in Texas.

At that time Houston was still Hating..saying Dallas is pretentious ...It's not needed etc....While Houston was building all of this riff-Raff EVERYWHERE....

Dallas expanded our system pretty quickly and eventually Houston smelled the coffee and tried to grow a passion for forward-thinking but IT WAS TOO LATE....They had built all of that clutter everywhere and it was hard to figure out what made sense. They had to rush together a plan when it was time to push for funding.

Dallas was already almost the largest system... Or... the plans to be were already in place. So our request was organized and believable.

Houston's request was all over the place...That's why they always got crumbs when Dallas got the LOAF.

Planning BRT lines instead of SUBWAY lines.

Adding MORE BUSES instead of MODERN street Car lines and Trolleys.

Bragging on bus service instead of announcing new LR lines coming...

Oh but Houston's Public transportation system is WAAAAY better than Dallas'......

Old 06-07-2023, 01:19 PM

The only reason Houston eventually got a train system was because it got tired of hearing "Houston is TOO BIG to not have a Train-System"....." Dallas is a MUCH smaller city and has an expansive one"

VANITY-We can't let Dallas Win...Just throw a baby line together so we can AT LEAST say we have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas