Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,571,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Maybe the horse would drink the water if it was clean.
I know a lot of people that want to take the bus, but don't because it makes their commute even longer. They say the same thing about light rail too.
has anyone ever told you how nice it is to have an unbiased opinion? heh..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 11:45 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,466,953 times
Quote:
Maybe the horse would drink the water if it was clean.
I know a lot of people that want to take the bus, but don't because it makes their commute even longer. They say the same thing about light rail too.
Right...they DRIVE....as most Texans do...which is why less buses are needed.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 PM

298 posts, read 417,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
has anyone ever told you how nice it is to have an unbiased opinion? heh..
I'm sorry, but how is my opinion biased? D: I do no mean to have a bias opinion, I just fully believe that dallas can improve its bus system.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
Good God this is simple. Houston has WAY more poor people than Dallas. Poor people love buses. Hence, Houston has more buses.

/endthread.
LOLOL. your obviously ignoring the elephant in the room that is South Dallas.
this is a stereotype due to the industrial image Houston gets from its ship channel industries and the poor areas around that part of town.. i just checked the poverty levels of Houston and Dallas. Dallas actually has WAY (jk about the emphasis.. you obviously had no idea what you were talking about so i forgive you) more poor people than Houston. over 30% of Dallasites live below the poverty level, whereas only 27% of Houstonians do. so Dallas is poorer than Houston.
Dallas may seem "rich" due to its flashiness, but Houston has more millionaires than Dallas. dont forget that.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph.../daily-chart-7

/endthread.

Last edited by TexasTallest; 07-26-2013 at 11:57 PM..

Old 07-26-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but how is my opinion biased? D: I do no mean to have a bias opinion, I just fully believe that dallas can improve its bus system.
i was being honest. your opinions (from what ive read tonight in a few threads) seem to be completely unbiased, for being from Dallas.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Right...they DRIVE....as most Texans do...which is why less buses are needed.
I guess you are not getting my point. They wouldn't drive, if DART would improve its system, both bus and light rail. I'm not saying that Dart is bad, but there are still a lot of more opportunities they could take.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
LOLOL. your obviously ignoring the elephant in the room that is South Dallas.
this is a stereotype due to the industrial image Houston gets from its ship channel industries and the poor areas around that part of town.. i just checked the poverty levels of Houston and Dallas. Dallas actually has more poor people than Houston. over 30% of Dallasites live below the poverty level, whereas only 27% of Houstonians do.

/endthread.
In raw nubers Houston by a mile.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
i was being honest. your opinions (from what ive read tonight in a few threads) seem to be completely unbiased, for being from Dallas.
Oops, sorry, I thought you were saying that I was biased. Well, thank you. I personally try to not be biased.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
I guess you are not getting my point. They wouldn't drive, if DART would improve its system, both bus and light rail. I'm not saying that Dart is bad, but there are still a lot of more opportunities they could take.
ok well let's try it this way....give me some solid examples of what DART should do first to accommodate what you see its lacking.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
In raw nubers Houston by a mile.
in raw "nubers", Houston has over almost twice as many people in Dallas, so obviously we would have more poor people, even though we have 3% less people living under the poverty line. thats like saying there are more poor people in NYC than in OKC... obviously, but that doesnt mean NYC isnt the richer city.
im saying percentage wise, Dallas is the poorer city. dont let the glitz and glamour fool you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas