Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 12:25 PM

869 posts, read 320,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Well, Romping didn't last long. I don't know of we are allowed to use the T word, but if you are on the side of a T -word, what does that make you?

Dallasboi, I love you and all, but maybe you should move on to something more deserving on pride

Yall are by far the fastest growing metro in the country. The financial sector in N Texas is so understated on here. The corporate sector as a whole is a huge factor that is not talked up on city data. Dallas biggest claim to be included in the top 8 cities over Atlanta is the corporate sector. But yall stuck claiming petty crap like airports and rail miles.

Doesn't matter if it's not consolidated like Manhatten, and even after losing one of its biggest companies, the DFW is just below Houston and Chicago for the number of biggest companies on the global 1000 list.

20 years ago yall were a pretty white metro. So yall never went close to the diversity discussions, but the foreign born numbers for DFW has changed substantially.

Houston is seen as being far more international than DFW. I do believe that Houston is still more international, DFW has pulled close. But yall prefer to be stuck in the regional forums throwing jabs at Houston about having the longer Choo Choo.

Dallas better stop trying to compare with every body and start developing an identity the rail is dead in the water. Yall will never compare with the likes of Seattle, so forget about cities like Philly and New York. But in terms of jobs, yall don't have any competition. None!!!

The bolded made me spit out my beer

In all seriousness, this is spot on. Dallas and DFW as a whole has a lot to be proud of...and while I WISH we could brag on DART as well, it's simply not living up to it's function. Why boi seems so intent on making it out to be something it's not is beyond me. EVERYTHING can't be the best thing since sliced bread, just like it's not in Houston. The difference between he and I is that I can point out all of Houston's flaws and not be salty about it one bit, because I can ALSO be proud of what my city DOES have to offer. Houston is hot, muggy, swampy, and disorganized. Houston is ALSO the Energy Capital of the world, has the largest medical complex in the world, has the largest mall in Texas, gave birth to Beyonce, has the most fortune 500 companies in Texas, and is the command center for NASA itself. And that's not even HALF the list of wins.

With all of that, Houston's wins makes it's flaws look like peons. Why can't these Dallas boosters try to feel the same way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2023, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Yes, if a CEO of a private corporation went to the Board and asked for $2B to invest in something so that they can make less money, that CEO won't be employed for much longer.

Man...that really sounds BAD when you put it like that, lol.

Old 06-11-2023, 12:32 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,459,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Well, Romping didn't last long. I don't know of we are allowed to use the T word, but if you are on the side of a T -word, what does that make you?

Dallasboi, I love you and all, but maybe you should move on to something more deserving on pride

Yall are by far the fastest growing metro in the country. The financial sector in N Texas is so understated on here. The corporate sector as a whole is a huge factor that is not talked up on city data. Dallas biggest claim to be included in the top 8 cities over Atlanta is the corporate sector. But yall stuck claiming petty crap like airports and rail miles.

Doesn't matter if it's not consolidated like Manhatten, and even after losing one of its biggest companies, the DFW is just below Houston and Chicago for the number of biggest companies on the global 1000 list.

20 years ago yall were a pretty white metro. So yall never went close to the diversity discussions, but the foreign born numbers for DFW has changed substantially.

Houston is seen as being far more international than DFW. I do believe that Houston is still more international, DFW has pulled close. But yall prefer to be stuck in the regional forums throwing jabs at Houston about having the longer Choo Choo.

Dallas better stop trying to compare with every body and start developing an identity the rail is dead in the water. Yall will never compare with the likes of Seattle, so forget about cities like Philly and New York. But in terms of jobs, yall don't have any competition. None!!!
...Dallas doesn't have to do S***........But be Great..

I'm pretty sure people with just a teaspoon of common sense see all of the points I make....I don't have to prove or get approval from people that talk out of butt-hurt feelings......If you think you are right and I'm wrong then so be it....LEAVE IT ALONE.....

Old 06-11-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

I'm pretty sure people with just a teaspoon of common sense see all of the points I make....I don't have to prove or get approval from people that talk out of butt-hurt feelings......If you think you are right and I'm wrong then so be it....LEAVE IT ALONE.....

Nah, we don't THINK we're right...we KNOW we're right.

Your own DART builders agree that the damn train won't make them any money, lol. Yet somehow YOU'RE the foremost authority on public transit in North Texas

Be gone!

Old 06-11-2023, 02:42 PM

3,172 posts, read 2,060,740 times
Quote:

The only person with a teaspoon of common sense here is you. Everyone else here clearly possesses it in much larger quantities.

Old 06-12-2023, 01:52 AM

.......WELL!!.....I've got NOTHING to lose..."IT'S ME AGAINST THE WORLD!!!..-Tupac https://youtu.be/md15-bpJpdY

....No worries..........

....I'm from DALLAS!!!........The city that's always HATED...SLANDERED.....DISCREDITED....and UNDERRATED...While also being the city that always comes out ON TOP!!

Highest Public Transit Usage Cities in Texas........EAT IT!!!.......
https://www.homearea.com/rankings/pl...ransportation/

Public Transit in Texas
Vital Systems Under Pressure

https://comptroller.texas.gov/econom...pr/transit.php

.....GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
The Pandemic and After

COVID hit Texas public transit particularly hard. Safety concerns, as well as service limitations due to those concerns, led to big declines in usage. Houston Metro has reported (PDF), for instance, that its total ridership in December 2020 was 53.6 percent lower than in the same month of 2019. Similar trends were seen across the country.

Researchers stress the need to look beyond the status quo to new ideas and modes of mobility. “Multimodalism” the use of multiple transportation methods working together to serve a region’s customers — can help make transit more appealing for riders.

MICHAEL WALK

Texas A&M Transportation Institute

Michael Walk, a research scientist at the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, points to DART as an example. DART employs buses, commuter rail, light rail (powered by overhead electrical lines) and high-occupancy vehicle lanes to move people around the Metroplex.

“DART and its regional partners stand out for their approach,” Walk says. “They don’t limit themselves to traditional transit offerings within individual jurisdictions; instead, they offer regional passes, support innovative services and focus on regional mobility.”

He notes that commuters tend to use the most convenient mode of transportation. “If it’s cheaper and more convenient to take transit, people are more likely to use it,” Walk says.

Despite recent struggles, many Texans still favor public support for transit initiatives. Last November, voters decisively approved ballot measures boosting transit programs in Austin and San Antonio. Advocates credit the success of those initiatives, at least in part, to a focus on successful community engagement.

“Today’s transit ridership levels and trends don’t occur in a vacuum,” Walk says. “They’re largely driven by local, state and federal decisions and investments that make some transportation modes more convenient and affordable than others...._DART already has a NEW Fare system on the way!!

“Can transit service become even more efficient and productive? Sure,” he says. “But transit continues to be the most efficient way to move people in dense areas with limited road capacity.” FN

Last edited by dallasboi; 06-12-2023 at 02:26 AM..

Old 06-12-2023, 06:39 AM

Quote:
.......WELL!!.....I've got NOTHING to lose..."IT'S ME AGAINST THE WORLD!!!..-Tupac https://youtu.be/md15-bpJpdY

....No worries..........

....I'm from DALLAS!!!........The city that's always HATED...SLANDERED.....DISCREDITED....and UNDERRATED...While also being the city that always comes out ON TOP!!

Highest Public Transit Usage Cities in Texas........EAT IT!!!.......
https://www.homearea.com/rankings/pl...ransportation/

Public Transit in Texas
Vital Systems Under Pressure

https://comptroller.texas.gov/econom...pr/transit.php

.....GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to figure out your point.

You keep posting the same crap over and over as if looking at it in different colors and wording will somehow bring an "AHA!" moment or something. It won't.

DART is a vanity project that's only nice to look at...not actually ride. You lost. Get over it.

Old 06-12-2023, 06:43 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,797,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post

You keep posting the same crap over and over as if looking at it in different colors and wording will somehow bring an "AHA!" moment or something. It won't.

DART is a vanity project that's only nice to look at...not actually ride. You lost. Get over it.
It's not even nice to look at. An empty park and ride lot and an abandoned train station with no one using it is an eyesore. An expensive eyesore.

One that doesn't even generate enough revenue to pay the interest on the operating expense. DART systemwide generated $33M in operating revenue on $1B of operating expense. We as taxpayers would be better off buying treasuries with that money. At least treasuries are a marketable asset (for now).

Last edited by albert648; 06-12-2023 at 07:06 AM..

Old 06-12-2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
It's not even nice to look at. An empty park and ride lot and an abandoned train station with no one using it is an eyesore. An expensive eyesore.

One that doesn't even generate enough revenue to pay the interest on the operating expense. DART systemwide generated $33M in operating revenue on $1B of operating expense. We as taxpayers would be better off buying treasuries with that money.
No...Houston LOST all of the battles to get funding.

Yep....Because I have to keep drilling it into your head hoping you'll comprehend it at least ONCE!!

Hardly ANY transit systems are PROFITABLE...But doesn't mean they're not NEEDED.

Anything written in RED is pertaining to Houston

Anything in BLUE is pertaining to DALLAS.

Old 06-12-2023, 07:26 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,797,853 times
Quote:
No...Houston LOST all of the battles to get funding.

Yep....Because I have to keep drilling it into your head hoping you'll comprehend it at least ONCE!!

Hardly ANY transit systems are PROFITABLE...But doesn't mean they're not NEEDED.

Anything written in RED is pertaining to Houston

Anything in BLUE is pertaining to DALLAS.
Numbers don't lie. $33M translates to 300,000 monthly passes. Annually. That's roughly 25,000 riders. That's nothing in a city as large as Dallas. All at a cost of a billion dollars a year.

The RIDERSHIP numbers prove that it's a waste of money. But you can't seem to get it through your thick head.

BTW, if it's such a great investment, I suggest you take it off of the city's hands and take it over. You can have it for $10B. We can open escrow today.

Last edited by albert648; 06-12-2023 at 08:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas