Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:34 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,885,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Where are you getting this info from? I'm not seeing anything that says that online.
LaDoT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 08:46 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
LaDoT
Post a link because I didn't see anything. What about Arkansas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazulight View Post
Since they raised the speed limit on 59 between Lufkin and Nacogdoches we have loss a person a month to fatality crashes. One major accident a week.

In my opinion, each of the law makers that voted for the higher speed limits should ibe taken out, stripped naked, tied to a telephone pole and be beaten with a horse whip every time a life is lost due the high speed encouraged on the rural roadways.

Qazulight
Please, its not the speed limits. Small town drivers are just bad.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:16 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,345,657 times
Quote:
Since they raised the speed limit on 59 between Lufkin and Nacogdoches we have loss a person a month to fatality crashes. One major accident a week.

In my opinion, each of the law makers that voted for the higher speed limits should be taken out, stripped naked, tied to a telephone pole and be beaten with a horse whip every time a life is lost due the high speed encouraged on the rural roadways.

Qazulight
Sounds like a bunch morons.

Accidents are just that!!! Avoidable in almost all cases.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:42 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,780 times
Quote:

In my opinion, each of the law makers that voted for the higher speed limits should be taken out, stripped naked, tied to a telephone pole and be beaten with a horse whip every time a life is lost due the high speed encouraged on the rural roadways.

Qazulight
Nacogdoches and Lufkin are doing what slow and boring Tyler should have done.
Nacogdoches and Lufkin city limits is maybe about 2sq mi off from being the size of Tyler and Nacogdoches is about the same as of now so yes they are already in the ball game with your towns.Nac is way more of attractive city then Tyler and always have been.You love for Tyler to be mention in everything but that won't happen because Longview just rank in the top 15 cities for business creation and Nac and Lufkin are bring freeways in something Tyler don't have a clue unless they drive to Dallas,Shreveport or now Nacogdoches and Lufkin.Nac and Lufkin are opening nationals chain resturants and retail almost every month or two right now so for to say what you are saying obviously you haven't been here in this area are you just don't like hills and nice lakes and nice festivals are basically lol nice cities I repeat cities.

I want everybody to look up Lufkin first on the yahoo map and see if Lufkin area don't make Tyler look like a small town lol!!!!!

Old 08-16-2013, 09:21 PM

577 posts, read 512,204 times
Quote:

Qazulight
I agree Qazulight. Those roadways were not designed to handle traffic at such high speeds, due to all of the cross-overs, and business entrances along the road. If these roads were limited access (a freeway) then these higher speeds would be much safer. It will probably be decades before freeways are completed in that area because of the funding shortfall with TXDOT. I think there is like a 3/4 mile long section of 59S of Lufkin between loop 287 and Whitehouse drive that are freeway standard, and about a 1 long section of loop 287 from 59S to FM 58. They are working on one more section that will be about a mile long freeway at the intersection of north loop 287@Hwy59. No other projects in the area have been funded to construct freeways.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,885,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Post a link because I didn't see anything. What about Arkansas?

Please, its not the speed limits. Small town drivers are just bad.
Google is your friend...

Old 08-16-2013, 10:35 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
I agree Qazulight. Those roadways were not designed to handle traffic at such high speeds, due to all of the cross-overs, and business entrances along the road. If these roads were limited access (a freeway) then these higher speeds would be much safer. It will probably be decades before freeways are completed in that area because of the funding shortfall with TXDOT. I think there is like a 3/4 mile long section of 59S of Lufkin between loop 287 and Whitehouse drive that are freeway standard, and about a 1 long section of loop 287 from 59S to FM 58. They are working on one more section that will be about a mile long freeway at the intersection of north loop 287@Hwy59. No other projects in the area have been funded to construct freeways.
I don't know wats going on in Austin but in Nac and Lufkin the freeways are coming lol it is so funny how other cities hate it and you being from Austin shouldn't feel threaten by the growth of the areas unless your a Tyler native and trying to get on the ban wagon of the massive hate we get from Tyler natives.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,793,864 times
I'm not into the competition between towns and cities, though I understand every area has that to put up with, but I do wish there was a more direct, faster route to get to Nac from central Texas. It's (East Texas) a beautiful area, with colleges that students from all over the state attend. But, along the current routes, it can be fairly isolated, with two lane roads and no cell phone service along some stretches. I'd love to see transportation improvements.

Last edited by capcat; 08-16-2013 at 11:36 PM..

Old 08-17-2013, 06:04 AM

52,685 posts, read 47,943,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Nacogdoches has now changed the speed limit on Northwest loop future I-69 from 55 to 65 for a better flow of traffic to get through that area with out a problem.Nacogdoches and Lufkin are really gearing up for the freeway systems that are finally coming as construction go on in north Lufkin and next year will go on in south Nac.Construction is going on already south of the city limits of Nac with the turn around lanes and there is so many national chains that are jumping on the ban wagon for Nac and as well for Lufkin.
Perhaps it is on U.S. 59, but there's no guarantee that that particular stretch will actually be part of I-69, as it's one of two possibilities. They're talking about a new road bypassing the southwest, west, and north sides. Here's that link below with the actual graphic.

Committee discusses issues associated with regional Interstate 69 development - The Lufkin News: Local & State

Old 08-17-2013, 07:28 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Google is your friend...
No because there aren't any articles. You are making stuff up like you always do and provide no proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas