Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:56 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 12-03-2014 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 07:44 AM

231 posts, read 394,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP
Hint: only hospitals that have trouble recruiting their own staff use travelers. That's why she ends up in awful places, and not in the nice ones!
I won't get into too many details, but I find it's a mix. Sometimes it's what you said, other times it's a place that's not sure about how many long-term workers are necessary. Or maybe a couple workers are on maternity leave. You just never know.

I just swear that the recruiters have an incentive from their employers to locate workers in the most remote locations possible. They'll obsess over towns with maybe a 1,000 people, but if that doesn't work out, all of sudden they'll pull a big city out of their hat. As if by magic. "Good news! Looks like a job in Ft. Worth just opened up. They'll be calling you in 2 minutes!" I'd love to know the truth...

Old 12-03-2014, 12:39 PM

554 posts, read 745,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Obviously this person likes the south plains and panhandle area. Just another list. They're all meaningless. They all prioritize the tastes of the author, and no one else.
-
And, with fewer "words" than what I said, "augiedogie" stated just-about the very same thing.

Not everyone likes the sights, sounds, and smells that "identify" certain areas of Texas - that's OK! Please allow anyone who is thinking about a move the "opportunity" to go and discover all those places on their own.
For all intents & purposes, y'all's opinion - and mine, for that matter - don't mean anything, when it comes to personally checking-out a place in which to relocate.

For all y'all thinking about making a move to my Home State, most-everyone agrees that you should make a list of areas / towns / cities that you are interested in. Then, take time for a trip to the area, to check the places of interest to you.

... I probably beat this to death, now ... Sorry! - TC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas