Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 07:47 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,088,933 times

Advertisements

Well, I do pick up litter, maybe I'm too much of a neat freak. On Donnybrook from Broadway to Reick Road. At Premier Fitness Parking lot. Fit parking lot. Mostly all shopping lots. Especially Walmart on South Broadway. A retired friend and I shook our heads at what we saw at the Walmart, James the store manager has agreed before and cleaned it up that visit was around 2 pm. Friday. It really disturbs me to see used diapers littered, I avoid picking those up, lol, I've seen them three times, over many years time frame, but when I told the then owner of Primer of them at the then in Primer old location, where Fit is now, yes, we came from a very nice upscale location in Los Angles, and we had that problem.

Now, I just didn't want you to think Tyler was utopia, everything Kathryn said, was on line, and I have no plans on leaving as you have seen my other comments, I agree with Kathryn it has so much going for it. Heck, you may be used to worse by far than this. Littering occurs most in some poorer neighborhoods and very commercial areas. In front of theaters with all the pop corn/ drink containers.

Yes, if your serious at all don't let that/this stop from a visit. Try not to visit in July and August all of Texas is hot. Although this year may not be so bad. Below average temps are forecast thru mid July at least. Keep Tyler on your list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 08:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Well, I do pick up litter, maybe I'm too much of a neat freak. On Donnybrook from Broadway to Reick Road. At Premier Fitness Parking lot. Fit parking lot. Mostly all shopping lots. Especially Walmart on South Broadway. A retired friend and I shook our heads at what we saw at the Walmart, James the store manager has agreed before and cleaned it up that visit was around 2 pm. Friday. It really disturbs me to see used diapers littered, I avoid picking those up, lol, I've seen them three times, over many years time frame, but when I told the then owner of Primer of them at the then in Primer old location, where Fit is now, yes, we came from a very nice upscale location in Los Angles, and we had that problem.

Now, I just didn't want you to think Tyler was utopia, everything Kathryn said, was on line, and I have no plans on leaving as you have seen my other comments, I agree with Kathryn it has so much going for it. Heck, you may be used to worse by far than this. Littering occurs most in some poorer neighborhoods and very commercial areas. In front of theaters with all the pop corn/ drink containers.

Yes, if your serious at all don't let that/this stop from a visit. Try not to visit in July and August all of Texas is hot. Although this year may not be so bad. Below average temps are forecast thru mid July at least. Keep Tyler on your list.
Thanks for the clarification.

I guess I've just seen so much worse littering that Tyler's litter doesn't even register on my radar. I've lived in about 12 other states and 2 other countries and my husband and I travel a lot and BELIEVE ME, litter in Tyler is about average at it's worst. It surprised me to read the litter comment in fact because, though no litter is good, it's a sign of the times just about everywhere, and Tyler doesn't strike me as having a worse problem than anywhere else.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:50 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edujop View Post
I know what you are talking about. Nothing makes me feel more uneasy than a town that is littered, or dirty. It makes me feel unsafe, or insecure. Likewise, a city or town that is well-kept and where the people care is something I could not be without. I really need that sense of being in a well-functioning city where people care.
You could look in New Braunfels. It's clean and very beautiful, near the Guadalupe River and the Comal River goes right through town. It's not far from San Antonio. I love that area.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:01 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Some information on New Braunfels. Seriously, if I was not worried about where to work I would pick New Braunfels in a heartbeat. It's such a cool little town.

New Braunfels Texas

Old 05-05-2015, 01:44 PM

8 posts, read 12,517 times
Mineral Wells is a great little town west of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. It's affordable, quiet and there are a lot of trees (which I think you mentioned in your post.) We even have a state park.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:33 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,088,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasinmyrearview View Post
Mineral Wells is a great little town west of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. It's affordable, quiet and there are a lot of trees (which I think you mentioned in your post.) We even have a state park.

Not all trees are equal, there are trees, mesquite etc, Then there are TREES, skyscraping Pines and oaks 8-10 foot in circumference.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:01 AM

18 posts, read 25,866 times
Isn't Emory in the flood plain?

Old 09-28-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Why would you want to leave beautiful WA for TX? I moved here from La Center, WA almost a year ago. There aren't any trees where I am currently living. You can drive almost 50 miles in any direction without seeing a tree. If you do see one, it was either an act of something mighty or somebody planted it there.
I have lived in northeast Texas for 25 years and we have TONS of trees, and fall color, here. In fact, I bought a home in a neighborhood last year and we actually took down SEVENTEEN trees in our yard (and still left all the oaks, birches, cyprus and crepe myrtle trees!). The OP is talking about moving to this area, which is beautiful, filled with rolling hills and pastures, rivers, lakes, beautiful countryside, quaint small towns, and very pleasant small cities like Tyler, Longview, Lufkin/Nacodoches, etc.

Washington is beautiful but so is much of Texas.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edujop View Post
The litter comment really spooked me.
Nyahh, don't worry about that. It's not like it's trashed out. I don't notice it often at all - and I have a clean house. But you definitely need to make a trip here and check out Tyler and the surrounding areas, especially on the west and SW and north sides of Tyler (for proximity to Dallas). I live between Athens and Tyler and my commute to Dallas is 90 minutes max.

I LOVE NORTHEAST TEXAS! I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Some information on New Braunfels. Seriously, if I was not worried about where to work I would pick New Braunfels in a heartbeat. It's such a cool little town.

New Braunfels Texas

Looks beautiful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas