Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 09:04 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times

Advertisements

I was wondering.

Texas has a huge coastline.

But it seems there aren't any good beaches that can compete internationally.

Do you know any nice beaches in the area??

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 09:25 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
You don't say what area you are asking about, maybe the entire coast line? SPI is my choice as to the nicest beach on the Texas coastline.

As to competing internationally, you and everyone else and their dog already know the answer to this. There's plenty of posts on this very forum regarding the comparison of Texas beaches with beaches located elsewhere, so why not look them up?

The international comment is actually quite funny and it's strange that you would even make such a remark, but, oh well.

Last edited by lonestar2007; 08-22-2015 at 09:46 AM..

Old 08-22-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
You don't say what area you are asking about, maybe the entire coast line? SPI is my choice as to the nicest beach on the Texas coastline.

As to competing internationally, I think you already know the answer to this. There's plenty of posts on this very forum regarding the comparison of Texas beaches with beaches located elsewhere, so why not look them up?

The international comment is actually quite funny and it's strange that you would even ask such a thing, but, oh well.
I think Mediterranean area has best coasts in the world.

Than we can say some islands are really good.

Asia is also a popular destination.

In US California and Florida comes to mind well before Texas.

That's what i meant by international

And yes i meant the entire coast

Thanks for suggestion.

ps Australia is nice too

Old 08-22-2015, 10:17 AM

5,451 posts, read 7,743,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I was wondering.

Texas has a huge coastline.

But it seems there aren't any good beaches that can compete internationally.

Do you know any nice beaches in the area??

Thanks.
I've been to most Texas beaches over the years. Generally speaking the water gets clearer and the beaches get nicer the further south you go so the best beaches in Texas (in my opinion) are on South Padre, which is also the most developed beach resort area in Texas as well.

If you want to find nicer beaches than South Padre you have to drive east to the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area which has much prettier beaches and more developed beach towns than anything in Texas.

If you want to hop on a plane, the best beaches within a short flight of Texas would be in Costa Rica.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:25 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
I grew up going to Galveston for the beach experience. Nice beaches there? Certainly not compared to Florida or California. But it's still a coast and a beach, and it was more than enough for us to make some grand memories with........from family days out, to partying with my buds in high school. For a lot of people some beach is better than no beach at all.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
I've been to most Texas beaches over the years. Generally speaking the water gets clearer and the beaches get nicer the further south you go so the best beaches in Texas (in my opinion) are on South Padre, which is also the most developed beach resort area in Texas as well.

If you want to find nicer beaches than South Padre you have to drive east to the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area which has much prettier beaches and more developed beach towns than anything in Texas.

If you want to hop on a plane, the best beaches within a short flight of Texas would be in Costa Rica.
Thanks man

Old 08-22-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I grew up going to Galveston for the beach experience. Nice beaches there? Certainly not compared to Florida or California. But it's still a coast and a beach, and it was more than enough for us to make some grand memories with........from family days out, to partying with my buds in high school. For a lot of people some beach is better than no beach at all.
So true! I enjoyed reading your post.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Thanks for suggestion.

ps Australia is nice too
LOL I do know the meaning of the word international. But nice for you that you could intertwine this into your original post so you could come back and let us know how you think the Mediterranean area has best coasts in the world, etc. Good for you! Maybe the next time you visit this area or perhaps some exotic island, you'll be kind enough to post some pictures on this board so us lowly Texans (with our not so pristine beaches) can have a chance to droll over them. Just saying.

In the meantime, what Tyryztoll says certainly applies. And again (as this has been said more times than you can count) the further south you go, the nicer the beach, hence SPI being the best. But no, lol it's not the Mediterranean, it's not Florida, et al, but it's ours, by gawd and sure as heck better than nothing and hey, they could be way worse. SPI is actually a nice get a way for a beach experience in Texas.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:50 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,925,107 times
Quote:

Thanks for suggestion.

ps Australia is nice too
You are just naming entire areas, continents even, as if every single square mile of beach in those areas are beautiful. For instance, do you really think that the ENTIRE coastline of Asia is full of appealing beaches? Where specifically in Asia, or Australia are you referring to in terms of those continents being popular beach destinations.

Really, Texas beaches naturally were beautiful, with soft sand, and clear, subtropical Gulf water; however, human interference along the Gulf has, indirectly, altered the physiology of the Gulf landscape such that the water along many areas of the Texas coast weren't clear anymore.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
The Texas coast is, in many places, a working coast, with oil and fishing activity. It's not a vacation wonderland in those areas where work is happening. That's not a bad thing, either. It just means you have to look a little harder to find the good beach areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas