Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 10:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

We're about to get all kinds of rain for the next ten days here in the Tyler area:
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTX1383:1:US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 10:12 PM

470 posts, read 455,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
We're about to get all kinds of rain for the next ten days here in the Tyler area:
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTX1383:1:US
Epic! Now if only it were like that for the entire summer season every year; it has the potential to be a trend, with the dryness, perhaps, just being a case of bad luck with subtropical highs.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:24 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRAL View Post
Epic! Now if only it were like that for the entire summer season every year; it has the potential to be a trend, with the dryness, perhaps, just being a case of bad luck with subtropical highs.
No it's bad luck to get the rain. Terrible hope it passes...

Old 08-13-2016, 01:27 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,468,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
The OP has posted from multiple screen names and reappears repeatedly to promote the "lush, subtropical" environment of Southeast Texas. This thread is just more humblebragging and his weird obsession with humid climiates. I'm in a city that gets both the stifling humidity and wet-cold winters (Washington, DC), so I'd kill for some "dry heat" right about now.

So I don't see the point of the OP telling the posters something they already know and then tell them they're getting "ripped-off," since everyone doesn't like humid weather in the summertime. Get over it or tell them to pray about, or offer them a job so they can move.

Trust me there's been no dry heat here lately. It's been triple digits AND humid as a duck's butt! Thankfully rain and cooler temps for now. Are the dog days over? Are the dog days gone? God, I hope Florence Welch is right!

West Texas summers are great, though. Hot but generally dry. When I say West Texas, I mean around Abilene.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is a robbery, to see so much humidity, but little rain out of it.

The problem is, rain should be happening all summer long in much of Texas, given a position RIGHT NEXT to the Gulf. There shouldn't be these long waits for rain. Austin, San Antonio, etc should have a summer climate like, say, Sumter, SC, not this drought-filled nonsense.

With that said, I looked into the atmospheric changes that happen over the US from June to July; starting around July, typically sets up in the "Four Corners," around the Southern Rockies. I believe in recent years, the cell was pushed farther east than usual, causing the subsidence to afflict Texas more. Basically, Texas just has had bad luck, and conditions are normally much, much wetter.

You're forgetting that Texas also has MEXICO and the GREAT PLAINS to combat the rainfall. Inland Texas' weather is affected by not just the gulf, but from the deserts to the west, the plains to the north, and the Rockies far northwest of us. The Southeast doesn't have that.

Also its usually not thaaat humid either. It's been more humid than normal yes, but inland Texas is a lot drier than places east. In terms of humidity, not just precip.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:10 AM

You always find something to complain about, huh? Please, tell us who ripped you off? Was it Mother Nature? Was it Greg Abbott? Was it Beyonce? Hank Hill? Please, who in Texas can you blame for this great 'rip off.'

Old 08-13-2016, 09:44 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,896,729 times
Quote:
Fair enough. One just has to hope for the best (more frequent rain in much of Texas, as it pertains to summer), not only for now, but for years to come.
I read with climate change that the climate in Austin will become like the climate in San Angelo and the climate in Houston will become like Austin as things dry out.

So you'll have a lot more to complain about in future years. Desalination plants along the coast will solve all the issues. I mean you can have giant cities like Dubai in the desert. As long as you have a source for desalination all is good. I'm not worried one iota.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:48 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,896,729 times
Quote:
The good news is that the Fall months are typically rainy months, so you can be happy then as Fall is just around the corner.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
You're forgetting that Texas also has MEXICO and the GREAT PLAINS to combat the rainfall. Inland Texas' weather is affected by not just the gulf, but from the deserts to the west, the plains to the north, and the Rockies far northwest of us. The Southeast doesn't have that.

Also its usually not thaaat humid either. It's been more humid than normal yes, but inland Texas is a lot drier than places east. In terms of humidity, not just precip.
Even if not like the SE, inland Texas still has loads of humidity compared to, say, the DSW. Yet, you will find that the DSW actually gets more frequent rainfall in July/August than alot of inland Texas.

That's why inland Texas is a climate fail; not frequent enough rainfall, given the humidity levels.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
The good news is that the Fall months are typically rainy months, so you can be happy then as Fall is just around the corner.
Yes, but it is still a rip-off for such dry summers, even though humidity is more than high enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas