Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Biggest Texas NBA rivalry
Rockets-Spurs 17 51.52%
Rockets-Mavs 5 15.15%
Mavs-Spurs 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 08:06 PM

9,895 posts, read 6,595,852 times

Advertisements

What's the #1 inner state Texas rivalry? I think it's between Rockets-Spurs and Rockets-Mavs. The Rockets Spurs are simply because those are the two better teams now and also the most history behind them. First being the Spurs and second being be Rockets. And he Rockets and Mavs just due to the natural inner state rivalry. The Mavs and Spurs I never see much of a rivalry. But I'll include it in the poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 08:20 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times
As someone from SA I can't speak to how the Mavs and Rockets feel about each other. From my perspective as a Spurs fan I am least fond and most interested in seeing the Spurs beat the Mavs. This is mostly because Cuban is so nasty toward SA. Of course back in the 90s when David was up against Olajuwon that was the bigger rivalry. Now if it's based on how Dallas and Houston posters here feel about each other I'd say Mavs and Rockets.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:45 PM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Since 2003....

The Spurs and Mavs have played each other in the playoffs 5 times.

The Mavs and Rockets have played each other in the playoffs 2 times.

The Spurs and Rockets have played each other in the playoffs 1 time which was this past season.

I would say Spurs and Mavs have the bigger rivalry this millennium.

I'll never forget how SA Spur Steve Kerr lit the Mavs up with 3's in game 6 of the Western Conference finals after not playing the entire playoffs up to that point.

The rivalry is also enticed by Mark Cuban's loud mouth and also the Dallas radio personality that insulted SA's Hispanic community using racial slurs after a 2010 playoff defeat of the Mavs at the hand of the Spurs.

As a Spurs fan, I've got nothing against Maverick's Dirk Nowitski, I do however despise Rocket's James Harden.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Since 2003....

The Spurs and Mavs have played each other in the playoffs 5 times.

The Mavs and Rockets have played each other in the playoffs 2 times.

The Spurs and Rockets have played each other in the playoffs 1 time which was this past season.

I would say Spurs and Mavs have the bigger rivalry this millennium.

I'll never forget how SA Spur Steve Kerr lit the Mavs up with 3's in game 6 of the Western Conference finals after not playing the entire playoffs up to that point.

The rivalry is also enticed by Mark Cuban's loud mouth and also the Dallas radio personality that insulted SA's Hispanic community using racial slurs after a 2010 playoff defeat of the Mavs at the hand of the Spurs.

As a Spurs fan, I've got nothing against Maverick's Dirk Nowitski, I do however despise Rocket's James Harden.
You have a point here. Hiwever, that era of the Mavs has ended. And while its recent, it's not a continued thing. The Dirk Nowitzki era has ended and the Mavs are in rebuilding mode. At this point, all 3 NBA teams have has playoff history. With the Spurs having the large amounts with both. The Spurs have been the most successful franchise in a all time perspective and the Rockets second. This is easy to say. Yet the Rockets and Mavs have their natural city vs city rivalry and the Cuban vs Morey rivalry being something.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:10 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,051,613 times
I'd say thisbhas waxed and waned over the years between the three rivalries but Id say right now it's Rockets-Spurs. Two great teams right now with recent playoff history.

I'd put Rockets-Spurs second and Mavs-Spurs third.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:08 AM

817 posts, read 922,556 times
Mavs fans vs Cuban

Old 08-18-2017, 12:07 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
Mavs fans vs Cuban
Haha! Pretty much...

Old 08-20-2017, 09:44 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
This millennium, it has easily been Mavs-Spurs. The 2003 series with the Kerr lighting up the Mavs in the 4th quarter to win the game and the series. The 2006 series which was one of the best series in that entire decade. Everybody remembers the Ginoboli foul that had Dirk make a 3 point play. This is easily better than Spurs-Rockets and Mavs-Rockets so far this millennium.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:50 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This millennium, it has easily been Mavs-Spurs. The 2003 series with the Kerr lighting up the Mavs in the 4th quarter to win the game and the series. The 2006 series which was one of the best series in that entire decade. Everybody remembers the Ginoboli foul that had Dirk make a 3 point play. This is easily better than Spurs-Rockets and Mavs-Rockets so far this millennium.
True, but both of those series were a long time ago. What about this decade?

Old 08-21-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That Millenium is over. This Millenium it's back to Rockets and Spurs. But that Millenium that was Spurs Mavs is over. Ended recently. To be exact, it ended in 2015. But it's still a done Millenium. In the 90s it was easily Rockets-Spurs. And now even tho it hasn't been that that long, it's now a Rockets Spurs thing since 2015. The Mavs and Spurs had a good rival run tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: