Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 09:55 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4 View Post
You are not supposed to discuss issues within the polling place and they were pretty much in front of the open door where the voting was taking place at the library. I’m one of those almost extinct people who follows rules - my kids even obey the school dress codes - but since I was stuck by them for almost an hour I didn’t want to confront them. I’m very non-confrontational unfortunately. Also, he was giving her poor information and it’s not anyone’s place to tell someone how to vote. My husband had strong opinions on the proposition but I voted differently from him although we voted the same party otherwise.

As to not being informed, that’s a huge problem in this country. While voting is a right for citizens, I really wish the multitudes who know more about the Kardashians and Housewives than the issues or even who key office holders are would just stay home.
If you can be swayed by an idiot couching his wife then you are too stupid to be in that voting line. You are grasping at straws with your sensibilities. Should we not allow signs near a voting place? Since your conviction is so meager?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 01:22 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The two people in front of me didn't have voter registration cards, or IDs - and at least one of them spoke English very poorly. (They did not appear to be together - it was just random.) They simply could not communicate well with the people checking IDs or voter registration cards, and the line was backing up while all these people were trying to help them and help people figure out how to handle this so eventually they were taken out of line and into another room. I have no idea what happened with them but I couldn't help but think "These people are voting? Don't you have to be cognizant enough of SOMETHING in order to vote?"

The one who could speak English had no ID but was giving an address that wasn't in this precinct and just couldn't understand when the person working the registry kept saying, "That address isn't in this precinct - you can't vote here, you have to go to this other location in this precinct but you will need either your voter card or your ID" and the person was just saying over and over again, "But I'm here to vote."

Sheeze!!!!!!
Early voting doesn't require one to be in one's precinct. If the person working at the polling place was telling someone they weren't at the proper precinct for early voting then that needs the be questioned. Pronto.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:42 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
The user error issues with the voting machines are small potatoes, compared to the massive purging of registered voters from the rolls in other states. If Texas starts going down that road, be very worried.
Oh, it did. My kid was purged after a move. We moved about a year and a half ago. When we moved my kid and I filled out change of address forms for voting. Mine took. Kid's, as we learned very close to this vote, did not. She only found out just in time that she had been purged. Kid filled out another change of address and was listed for a few weeks as "in suspense". Her second change of address took right before the end of early voting and she was able to vote last Wednesday. When this was happening I looked up the voting rules in Texas about changing addresses. Voters are only supposed to be purged when changing addresses if they have not voted in the last four years. My kid voted in the last presidential election. Clearly not four years ago. Editing to say that our move was within Dallas County and city of Dallas.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:25 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Early voting doesn't require one to be in one's precinct. If the person working at the polling place was telling someone they weren't at the proper precinct for early voting then that needs the be questioned. Pronto.
You do have to be in the right county. Early voting is done on a county level.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:40 AM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
massive purging of the voter rolls like removing the dead or people how moved? Eliminating voter fraud ?

Old 11-04-2018, 07:35 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post

It does require you, in my state, to be in the right county. Precinct workers were periodically announcing this to the line. I live in a large metro that spans several counties though mainly one.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:55 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It does require you, in my state, to be in the right county. Precinct workers were periodically announcing this to the line. I live in a large metro that spans several counties though mainly one.
So you were/are posting in the wrong forum?

Old 11-04-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
So you were/are posting in the wrong forum?

This is Texas forum, I'm in Texas, and I'm talking about Texas. Maybe you're the one who is lost?

Old 11-04-2018, 10:45 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
In my county, there is a centralized voting location where anyone can vote. But there are also the precinct polls. Not sure if it's similar throughout the state, but it works well.

Old 11-04-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
In my county, there is a centralized voting location where anyone can vote. But there are also the precinct polls. Not sure if it's similar throughout the state, but it works well.

What county?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: