Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:24 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,437 times

Advertisements

bella do you know if theres any cheap motels in white deer to stay at to visit
and do you know anything about skellytown that looked intresting to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 02:39 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjb View Post
Hey Synopsis,

Where do you go to find your crime numbers? I like what you've posted better than what I've seen on best places, the 1 to 10 scale.

Thanks.
Hi Amjb,
I got those stats off the city data main website at //www.city-data.com/.
If you'll go to any city in any state (well, most of them anyway), you can scroll down about halfway down the page and see the crime stats for that city year by year. They categorize them into several areas and give a rounded up value at the end.
Cheers,

Old 01-02-2007, 02:42 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,878 times
Thanks, Synopsis.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:04 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,534 times
Anna is a tiny sleepy town in Collin county. It is not too far from Mckinney.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:23 PM

5 posts, read 14,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
bedford is a very congested busy suburb of Ft Worth and too expensive for you unless you want to live in section 8 housing. too much crime there anyway.
i would stay away from HEB-Hurst, Euless, Bedford areas of Ft Worth.
aint Anna in Parker County, near Aledo? if i am right, yes yes perfect place, but hard to find rentals-mostly ranches and houses.
you should be able to find plenty of cheap rentals in Johnson County-south of Ft Worth....e.g. Cleburne, Burleson etc....but they are growing towns-way too big for my taste anyway. i lived in Grandview for a short time and it was nice.
White Deer near Pampa and Amarillo-nice country town-you should be able to find inexpensive rentals there or in Pampa, hope you got to watch Dateline in Pampa last week!!
my favorite area is Wise County and Jack County.....where i spent most of my adult years
Don't listen to her, HEB is a WONDERFUL area.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:53 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,437 times
do any of these places have rentals i can only afford the most and thats pushin it $650 a month thats the most important thing
and bars and/or diners for work

Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
You should be able to find work in Pampa if you live in White Deer or Skellytown. Rent in White Deer and Skellytown is cheap. Nearest good motels are in Pampa--which is about 14 miles from each.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:10 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,673 times
I happen to have first-hand knowledge of two of the three towns you've named.....and they are all very different towns.

Bedford is 'city'....just part of the DFW metroplex, you cn't tell where one town ends and the next one starts. Lots of jobs, lots of traffic, fairly expensive to live in.....and that's about all I know about it. The other two, though, I know quite well.

Anna is just north of Dallas.....trees, hills, etc...was a tiny country town til about 4 years ago and now there are about 5000 new houses....all more or less alike....bedroom community....nobody knows anybody....all are new, most are young. Most commute to McKinney/Plano (15-30 mi) area to work. Lots of resistance from the locals on the growth....finally have a grocery store going in right now....several liquor stores on the highway, big truck stops - that's about the only jobs. The school is suffering growing pains and has a long ways to go to be called quality.

White Deer is up in the northern part of Texas....high plains, cold as heck in the winter, lots of wind....very small, very clean town, most people have been there for generations, predominately white, predominately Catholic, German/Polish descent....good people, good families, no crime, no place to eat, no place to work.....most people commute to Amarillo (60 mil) of Pampa (25 mi). Excellent school district. You have to drive 25-60 miles to a doctor ror to eat or to shop, but the roads are good and they keep the snow scraped in the winter. People are friendly enough but most of pretty involved in their own 'clan.'

The Skellytown schools have shut down.....the kids (what few there are) ride the bus into White Deer. Don't think you'd want to raise a child there unless you had family or ties there....not somewhere you just move into.

There is a new, clean motel in Panhandle, about 15 mi down the highway from White Deer going toward Amarillo. Pandhandle is a very nice little town......similar to White Deer but larger and more prosperous and a little closer to civilization. Good schools, friendly people, a grocery store, 2-3 little places to eat.

Last edited by GayleTX; 11-08-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas