Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2022, 02:06 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times

Advertisements

There is definitely stereotypical texas culture in all of these cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 02:08 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
There is definitely stereotypical texas culture in all of these cities.
Dodging the question. How does one destroy a culture? What do you define as Texas culture?

Old 10-25-2022, 02:16 PM

Texas culture - Ranching, farming, oil and gas, rodeo, self sufficiency, country music, tejano music, Christian values, bbq, Tex mex, southern food, Spanish colonial architecture, and traditionalism, holding the door open, saying yes sir and ma’am, etc. I can keep going but I think you get the gist.

How to destroy a culture? Make everybody reliant on the government through social and welfare programs, destroy farm and ranch land for new suburbs, get rid of traditional texas economic industries like o&g and ranching through high taxes and regulations.

Rick Perry and Greg Abbott have done a lot to destroy our culture, I agree with you. Whether the intention was there or not they have not done good. That doesn’t mean we should keep going until it is completely gone.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:17 PM

1,108 posts, read 528,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
https://www.axios.com/local/austin/2...ccess-rankings

Texas is 46TH in voting access.

Maybe keep that in mind next time you criticize Texans for not being able to vote out their politicans.
If we are truly 46th then we are doomed as a society cause its not hard to vote here. Or as i suspect there is a lot of cheating going on and you people just dont like the fact that you have to be a legalized citizen with ID to vote here.

also early voting already started for another extra 14 days to get off your butts and vote!

Old 10-25-2022, 02:35 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Texas culture - Ranching, farming, oil and gas, rodeo, self sufficiency, country music, tejano music, Christian values, bbq, Tex mex, southern food, Spanish colonial architecture, and traditionalism, holding the door open, saying yes sir and ma’am, etc. I can keep going but I think you get the gist.

How to destroy a culture? Make everybody reliant on the government through social and welfare programs, destroy farm and ranch land for new suburbs, get rid of traditional texas economic industries like o&g and ranching through high taxes and regulations.

Rick Perry and Greg Abbott have done a lot to destroy our culture, I agree with you. Whether the intention was there or not they have not done good. That doesn’t mean we should keep going until it is completely gone.
Its because of that last statement that I still dialogue with you because you aware. I've got no beef with conservatives or Republicans until they come at me with that "Go home yankee" bit.

Some of those things I can understand and most would be agreed upon by both liberals and conservatives. Most of them are surface. Most liberals I've met in Texas dont have any interest in destroying the things you mention. They just might want their gay friends not to face harassment, might need access to a safe abortion, and still believe in our electoral process.

I personally hate country music. Ill never like it. Same with Tejano music. I dont think that means Im waging war on Texas culture. As for Christian values, its a subjective term. To some, Christian values means extermination of people you dont like and to other it means selling everything you own to give to the poor.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:53 PM

I have seen people on this board (the texas board) support getting rid of agriculture exemptions, fracking, and support more social programs, so with that said there are definitely “Texans” that do want to destroy these institutions that make texas culture what it is. I know that many liberal Texans don’t support those things. For that I give them props.

I don’t care if you don’t like country or tejano, you can like whatever you like. This isn’t really a political issue but I wish the music in this country was more regional and not dictated to us by whatever New York City wants us to listen to. I think people that are on all “musical spectrums” would generally agree with this.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:58 PM

340 posts, read 266,670 times
Here are the Day 1 early voting numbers for Texas, by county.

https://earlyvoting.texas-election.c...tionEVDates.do

(Just click on the link, select 2022 November 8th General Election, then in "Unofficial Early Voting Turnout By Date, select "October 24, 2022".

Old 10-25-2022, 07:08 PM

690 posts, read 640,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
Here are the Day 1 early voting numbers for Texas, by county.

https://earlyvoting.texas-election.c...tionEVDates.do

(Just click on the link, select 2022 November 8th General Election, then in "Unofficial Early Voting Turnout By Date, select "October 24, 2022".
It's interesting that the site displays the names of the voters. I never knew that.

Old 11-08-2022, 11:44 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Just revisiting this. I got repped and went back to see what I posted and was pretty on point and the response was in error. I had posted this last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Man, that trend is on display in Virginia today. Virginia . . . a solidly blue state !

Let's have another year of the Washington Democrats and see what the Texas vote looks like. Hard core blue will keep their 30%-35% voting for destruction. What will influence everyone else is what's coming out of Washington DC and you can bet that the average voter is being shaken by inflation, prices, lack of goods, out of control multi-trillion dollar spending bills that subvert the American citizen's freedoms. Think Jimmah Carter's Washington on steroids.

Texas may turn blue, it was blue at one time. Things a cyclic. Not turning blue in the next 5 years for sure.

In fact I'm predicting a red wave thru 2024.
Don'tbelievehim responded with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
I used to listen to radio grifter, mark levin. I remember him saying not long ago that Virginia used to be a solid red state, but had become purple recently. He then expressed displeasure with that and mentioned that it could switch back to red with some work. Virginias never been solid blue, its a purple state much like Florida

Btw, Texas is about to pass California for covid deaths, and a cold winter might be coming soon. That's not good news for republicans. It'd be hard for people to overlook yet another freeze

Virginia has been solidly blue since 2007 with only southern districts voting red. 70% blue House and both Senators plus Governorship until 2021.

" In federal elections since 2006, both parties have seen successes. Republican Senator George Allen lost close races in 2006, to Democratic newcomer Jim Webb, and again in 2012, to Webb's replacement, former Governor Tim Kaine.[32] In 2008, Democrats won both United States Senate seats; former Democratic Governor Mark Warner was elected to replace retiring Republican John Warner (no relation).[33] The state went Republican in 11 out of 12 presidential elections from 1948 to 2004, including 10 in a row from 1968 to 2004. However, Democrat Barack Obama carried Virginia's 13 electoral votes in both the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections.[13]

In the 2010 elections, Republicans won three United States House of Representatives seats from the Democrats. Of the state's eleven seats in the House of Representatives, Democrats hold seven and Republicans hold four. The state is widely considered blue-leaning, a trend which moves parallel with the growth of the Washington D.C. and Richmond suburbs.[34] A Federal District Court redrew the malapportioned 3rd District as violating the Voting Rights Act for the 2016 election. That allowed Virginians to choose in an additional Representative from the 4th District, and added one to the Democratic total."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Virginia

Also COVID deaths in Californicate are higher than Texas as of 10/22 by 7K so Texan never "passed" Cal.

Just some clarity and accuracy to dampen the loud blaring propagandic hype trumpeted over and over on this Texas forum by the Blue Lib Dems.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in this forum and post these hindsights.

Old 11-08-2022, 12:52 PM

573 posts, read 336,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Just revisiting this. I got repped and went back to see what I posted and was pretty on point and the response was in error. I had posted this last year:

Don'tbelievehim responded with this:

Virginia has been solidly blue since 2007 with only southern districts voting red. 70% blue House and both Senators plus Governorship until 2021.

" In federal elections since 2006, both parties have seen successes. Republican Senator George Allen lost close races in 2006, to Democratic newcomer Jim Webb, and again in 2012, to Webb's replacement, former Governor Tim Kaine.[32] In 2008, Democrats won both United States Senate seats; former Democratic Governor Mark Warner was elected to replace retiring Republican John Warner (no relation).[33] The state went Republican in 11 out of 12 presidential elections from 1948 to 2004, including 10 in a row from 1968 to 2004. However, Democrat Barack Obama carried Virginia's 13 electoral votes in both the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections.[13]

In the 2010 elections, Republicans won three United States House of Representatives seats from the Democrats. Of the state's eleven seats in the House of Representatives, Democrats hold seven and Republicans hold four. The state is widely considered blue-leaning, a trend which moves parallel with the growth of the Washington D.C. and Richmond suburbs.[34] A Federal District Court redrew the malapportioned 3rd District as violating the Voting Rights Act for the 2016 election. That allowed Virginians to choose in an additional Representative from the 4th District, and added one to the Democratic total."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Virginia

Also COVID deaths in Californicate are higher than Texas as of 10/22 by 7K so Texan never "passed" Cal.

Just some clarity and accuracy to dampen the loud blaring propagandic hype trumpeted over and over on this Texas forum by the Blue Lib Dems.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in this forum and post these hindsights.
The population of California is higher than Texas. Common sense states that California would have more deaths in total than Texas.

As of Nov 3, 2022. Texas has 309 Covid deaths per 100k. CA has just under 247 Covid deaths per 100k. Trump that.

I can't wait to see you and your right-wingers taut how it's better to have 309 deaths/100k vs 247/100k. Let's see how much support you get
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas