Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:41 PM

52 posts, read 308,983 times

Advertisements

Austin: An old dude with a ponytail trying way to hard to be as cool as Willie Nelson.

Dallas: An extreme type A person full of self importance. They talk on their cell phone while weaving in and out of traffic in their BMW.

El Paso: An odd uncle who is totally ignored by the rest of his family.

Fort Worth: An old Cowboy saddened that his once wide open ranch is now a 2 acre plot with a couple of rusted old trucks and a rundown barn, surrounded by urban sprawl.

Houston: A semi-pretty girl who is always first runner up in the Miss Texas beauty pageant.

San Antonio: A hard working blue color type wishing his city was important enough to rate an NFL team.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:22 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Houston--Blue collar oil and chemical workers. Hard working, good work ethic.

Dallas--Business men and bankers who dress in expensive suits and have expensive parties.

Fort Worth--Longhorn steer--bucking and snorting

San Antonio--Fiesta dancers-party girls and guys

Austin--Aging hippy

El Paso--A laid back guy having a siesta

Of course, these are just stereotypes. Houston probably has as many or more bankers and business men as Dallas--and Austin might too. These are just thoughts that come to mind when I think of the cities.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:54 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
oh those are VERY good!!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:51 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 77ist View Post
This does nothing but stereotype cities, rather than looking at the diversity, individuality, and uniqueness of each city.
While you are right, this is just being done in the spirit of fun, and it may be good to see what stereotypes we all have of those cities so that we can fight them.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:49 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 77ist View Post
This does nothing but stereotype cities, rather than looking at the diversity, individuality, and uniqueness of each city.
I agree. Each city does have a different personality and character. As far as I'm concerned, every one of these cities can be seen wearing a cowboy hat.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:41 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
Austin: The emo kid who is always reminding everyone of how non conformist he is while confirming to every emo stereotype.

Dallas: The credit card millionaire, pretentious and materialistic, has a nose job and silicon boobs and is always living beyond her means.

El Paso: The distant Hispanic cousin who will always invite you over to drink some coronas and play the X-box.

Fort Worth: The drug-store cowboy. Puts on all his western wear then drives the dually down to the honky tonk.

Houston: The blue collar but well paid working man who likes to blow off some steam on Saturday night.

San Antonio: The pretty Latina girl who mostly dates white men.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:36 PM

52 posts, read 308,983 times
Sorry if I offended anyone. This is meant to be pursued in fun. JamesAbilene sees where I was going with this.

I got the idea from a movie called Rumble Fish. An older brother returns home to New Jersey from Los Angeles. The younger brother asks him what L.A. is like, and his brother replies "Los Angeles it like a beautiful woman tripping on acid". LOL

Old 06-28-2008, 06:36 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
Austin..Cool ( or wanabe cool) cats

Dallas...More glitter, less substance, martini drinking type

El Paso...Laid back, does anybody really care type

Fort Worth...Cool and laid back, always polite cowboy/cowgirl type

Houston...Rowdy, rough and tumble beer drinking type

San Antonio...Easy going, fun loving, mararita drinking, party type

Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
Austin - Liberal

Dallas - materialistic

El Paso - Mexico

Fort Worth - Barnett Shale

Houston - oil

San Antonio - Sea World

Old 06-28-2008, 10:51 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Austin: The emo kid who is always reminding everyone of how non conformist he is while confirming to every emo stereotype.

Dallas: The credit card millionaire, pretentious and materialistic, has a nose job and silicon boobs and is always living beyond her means.

El Paso: The distant Hispanic cousin who will always invite you over to drink some coronas and play the X-box.

Fort Worth: The drug-store cowboy. Puts on all his western wear then drives the dually down to the honky tonk.

Houston: The blue collar but well paid working man who likes to blow off some steam on Saturday night.

San Antonio: The pretty Latina girl who mostly dates white men.
You hit the nail on the head. I have family in San Antone, friends from Houston, Friends in Austin, and I live in Dallas.

I used to be one of those kids who dressed weird to be "different". No surprise why some of my friends are in Austin. Back then we called it goth, and before that it was new wave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas