Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 06:36 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,418,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
What did they teach you in Dallas regarding what < and > means?
Hahaha...I guess we know the smarter city (and where the most college grads are moving). 80% of what he said is crap, too.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 8,090 times
<=greater
>=less than

Everything I said was fact. That's your problem if you cannot handle brutal truth. Houstonians like to talk down on Dallas but when Dallas people throw it back in their faces, they don't like it. Dallas never had a Northside/Southside rivalry in the early to mid-90s like Houston. South Dallas in its worst never garnered a nickname called "Bloody Nickel" or "Gunspoint". Deal with it; Katrina evacuees have Houston shook, running residents out of their own neighborhoods, even the inner-city neighborhoods. They would not have pulled that here in Dallas.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFW View Post
<=greater
>=less than

Everything I said was fact. That's your problem if you cannot handle brutal truth. Houstonians like to talk down on Dallas but when Dallas people throw it back in their faces, they don't like it. Dallas never had a Northside/Southside rivalry in the early to mid-90s like Houston. South Dallas in its worst never garnered a nickname called "Bloody Nickel" or "Gunspoint". Deal with it; Katrina evacuees have Houston shook, running residents out of their own neighborhoods, even the inner-city neighborhoods. They would not have pulled that here in Dallas.
So, by using you "<" and ">" logic, the Houston Texans and METRO (not Houston Area Rapid Transit), is greater than the Cowboys and DART.

And why are you trying to act like Dallas is so hard? Please, go eat some turkey, and spend time with family. I'm out.

But before you eat that turkey, read this: Inequality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Guerilla; 11-22-2007 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-22-2007, 11:47 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Injuries hurt the Texans this year. You could see how good they are from this year's game. Was wrong about the Cowboys, but still not sold on them (like I wasn't with the Mavericks). Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson are great together. This draft, we need to focus on getting a great RB (this year's draft is loaded with running backs). Our defense is young and quick like the Cowboys' (though a lot younger I would say).

Still not completely out of the wild card hunt.
A lot younger? Dallas is quite young on the defensive side of the ball themselves.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
What are you disagreeing on? Yeah, out of the two teams in the State of Texas, the Cowboys are better this year. No one would deny that. The only decent AFC team played was the Patriots though, and the NFC is a rinky dink conference.

They sure do find ways to win, but Derric Anderson isn't the real deal, yet.
The NFC is a rinky dink conference? The AFC has the best team in the NFL but the NFC has the next two best in the NFL unless the Colts can overcome it's injuries. This season, the NFC and the AFC are at .500 in head to head matchups this season. It's not as rinky dink as you may believe.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:33 AM

1,528 posts, read 6,290,595 times
Dallas - Houston Architecture Info Forum - HAIF®
read some of those posts, they're rather stupid. Have we really gone that far? where we really turn up our noses to each other and say how much a snob the other is? We say how one need a lesson in manners... It seems Childish, I have to admit i contribute, but honestly... This is sad, we go on other peoples 'fourms' where they are apparently obsessed about us, make a fake account and make our own city look better... reading some of those posts made me sick, for both in people from Dallas and Houston....common, I know WE're better then this...

Old 11-23-2007, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The NFC is a rinky dink conference? The AFC has the best team in the NFL but the NFC has the next two best in the NFL unless the Colts can overcome it's injuries. This season, the NFC and the AFC are at .500 in head to head matchups this season. It's not as rinky dink as you may believe.
I think it goes (in order): Pats, Colts, Packers/Cowboys, etc... I thought it was a given that everyone knows that the AFC is a better conference. Outside of the Packers and Cowboys, all other teams aren't that good. I do think it got a lot closer this year, but last year it was obvious. A 10-6 record in the NFC last year got you a first round bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
Dallas - Houston Architecture Info Forum - HAIF®
read some of those posts, they're rather stupid. Have we really gone that far? where we really turn up our noses to each other and say how much a snob the other is? We say how one need a lesson in manners... It seems Childish, I have to admit i contribute, but honestly... This is sad, we go on other peoples 'fourms' where they are apparently obsessed about us, make a fake account and make our own city look better... reading some of those posts made me sick, for both in people from Dallas and Houston....common, I know WE're better then this...
You should look at Dallas' forum, or some of the posts by Dallas natives here. There are only a few like that at HAIF. It gets real annoying, though. City vs. City crap. It has stopped, but this one guy named nucklehead(MisterNifty) came it started up a lot of crap.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
A lot younger? Dallas is quite young on the defensive side of the ball themselves.
Yeah, a lot younger. Amobi Okoye turned 20 in June. The Texans are a really young defensive team. Give them this season to gel (which they are doing fine) and next season they will be a force (especially the D-Line anchored by Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye). If we could upgrade our secondary this year too, that would help us tremendously. We need a stud CB, or FS.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:33 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFW View Post
<=greater
>=less than

Sorry, but if you want to get the message across that Dallas is better, you need to do it this way.

Dallas>Houston.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Yeah, a lot younger. Amobi Okoye turned 20 in June. The Texans are a really young defensive team. Give them this season to gel (which they are doing fine) and next season they will be a force (especially the D-Line anchored by Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye). If we could upgrade our secondary this year too, that would help us tremendously. We need a stud CB, or FS.
No, what I"m saying is that the Cowboys are not that much younger itself. It has one of the youngest defenses in the league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas