Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 12:00 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times

Advertisements

He is from Dallas area which is obvius fro his post jealousy of Houston. Basically its the prot that will make houston contimue to grow and still be the only international city i Texas. Like so many of the laregst cities 'its a great advantage.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:27 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,055,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He is from Dallas area which is obvius fro his post jealousy of Houston. Basically its the prot that will make houston contimue to grow and still be the only international city i Texas. Like so many of the laregst cities 'its a great advantage.
Now, there are aspects of your post I agree with. However, I don't think on a city level that either Houston or Dallas outdo each other. Yes, I think Houston has by far the more globally linked economy and for that reason it will continue to have an international lead on Dallas but not by much, Houston's still new on the global stage. If that's what you mean then yes I agree, and I do agree that its not a contest between these cities all the time. People from these cities should stop, you're never going to win, trust me, you're never going to come up with a single argument why one outdoes the other, not as long as they're this polarized. Just stop and give credit where it's do, stop with the inferiority complex's, stop with attacking people for having opinions, stop following people around making sure they're not saying bad things about your city, just stop, makes you look like an inferiority driven person.

Now having said that about the international economy, I have this to say about Houston. But at the same time Houston isn't as involved in the country's economy, which is also bad. An example would be Miami, its globally linked more to Latin America than it is to the United States, which is why its corporate base suffers, thankfully Houston doesn't have it that bad. But still, Houston needs to get more involved and it is trying to.

But, Dallas is the larger Metropolitan Area, its also the culture center of Texas, it exemplifies Texas's culture best. It has the name recognition, and its also set shop for the more involved national economy. I do think Dallas has a bright future for sure, and its maturing faster than Houston as its sustaining itself better.

Don't get why people are jealous of either city, neither are Paris or something. But yes, there are some jealous people on both sides, and yes there are people with inferiority complex's too. Wont list any names, but I'm tired of people attacking my city, want to do it, you're going to have to get through me first.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I made it my resolution for 2011 to be honest, and that does mean that people wont like what I have to say, but I'm not hiding the truth anymore. If Houston beats Dallas at something, I am not going to sugar coast it and I am not going to hide it, I don't care how inferiority complex driven you people are. I'm going to say what I am going to say. If Dallas beats Houston in something, same thing and vice versa, I am critical about Houston's problems. There's lots of things about Houston that tick me off, mass transit being the first and foremost example.

And for those people that keep following me around saying "Houston booster, Houston booster" just stop, stop harassing me, you've proven nothing to me besides the fact that you have an inferiority complex and a chip on your shoulder (For whatever reason). Defend your city on its real merits, don't piggy back. Another thing, for what it's worth, I wasn't born in Houston nor have I been in Houston in a while, I am currently living in Austin, TX. And Houston is my 6th favorite city, not even my first, it follows Tucson, Denver, Seattle, San Diego, & Washington DC (in that same order). So stop trying to paint me as a person who thinks Houston is the end all and be all, I have feelings, and I am getting tired of some of you Dallas boosters bothering the hell out of me. I'm warning you, you quote me and get something wrong and insult me, I wont spare you a conversation, if you take it far I will report you. Look I'm open to criticism and being corrected with facts as long as a person is respectful, but stop with it, just stop "trying to get everyone" that's just wrong.

Just be proud of where you live, and represent it, quit with the damn inferiority complex, saying that to people on both sides which are Houston & Dallas. Give credit where it's due and that's all. Don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything, your words are irrelevant if they're not useful. It takes a lot to tick me off to be honest, it normally happens after the same person goes on and on over something incorrect, just stop pushing my nerves because I'll get you a come back that you cant respond to factually.

Last edited by DANNYY; 02-14-2011 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Tweak.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:06 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times
^^^Id rep you more if I could Danny. You are one of the most unbiased posters on this forum. You have my respect.

This thread had really brought out the f**ktards from both Houston and Dallas and theres a lot of mudslinging going on. I dont understand it. Texans like to argue over things that really make no difference. Both cities are great and have a very bright future.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:19 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
If you were a native of Dallas or Houston you might understand. It's a Texas tradition. Fort Worth and Dallas have a similar rivalry and like to 'kid' each other. The mayor of Fort Worth would not eat in Dallas unless he brought a sack lunch.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:30 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times
This thread is over four years old now............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........

Old 02-14-2011, 04:05 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,413,032 times
Default Please dn't close this thread!!!!

Please do not close this thread. this is the only thing we have to live for. I mean if the Dallas vs. Houston rivalry dies we will all have no life at all. then what will we do? I mean boasting about Dallas and Houston is for most of us our favorite AND ONLY pass time. Isn't that what the purpose of this site is?
We are offering insider knowledge to the public that otherwise they would not be able to obtain.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:57 PM

657 posts, read 2,545,795 times
What's up with these oldy but moldy threads?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,952,271 times
These threads are juvenile at best. People, just....

Oh never mind; carry on.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:07 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
And you are from Fort Worthless?

Old 02-15-2011, 10:12 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
And you are from Fort Worthless?
People from Dallass always want to talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas